Verizon HTC One: Purple tint issue.

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had the purple tint issue shortly after the kit kat update. I finally took it into Verizon yesterday, it's still under warranty. The store told me they had not seen this issue. I had 3 or 4 associates come over and look at it. They where all shocked because they said they've had almost no problems with the One. They are sending me a replacement phone. I wonder how long it will take before the purple tint returns?

Posted via Android Central App

treyzdayz

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Never had this problem with mine. Could be the digitizer. If your paying for Verizon's insurance be careful on the replacments they send you, being an employee I see a lot of people come into my store with crappy replacement phones, and they end up having more issues than they began with.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had the purple tint issue shortly after the kit kat update. I finally took it into Verizon yesterday, it's still under warranty. The store told me they had not seen this issue. I had 3 or 4 associates come over and look at it. They where all shocked because they said they've had almost no problems with the One. They are sending me a replacement phone. I wonder how long it will take before the purple tint returns?

The only real way to make sure it's fixed is by sending it to HTC to replace the camera. While mine was getting repaired I got a replacement from Verizon just to see how it was. It had the same issue so I sent it right back. Heat from the phone is what causes the purple tint. The camera wasn't insulated properly. Unless the replacement phone has had the camera replaced, you'll run the risk of the issue showing up again. It took awhile for my phone to develop the problem as well.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So far the replacement is good. It's got another year warranty with it. So if it shows up I'll replace it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol