- 96 Posts
Can't Find Update?
I got the Sense 6 update notification a few days ago and did not install it immediately because I was not in a position to have my phone be out of service for 10-15 minutes. I kept pressing 'not now' or whatever it was for a few days. Now I'm ready to update but the update is nowhere to be found. When I go into settings>software update>check new and press, nothing happens. Ideas?
- 06-09-2014, 12:34 PM #2
Re: Can't Find Update?
Shut down the phone, pull battery and sim and restart. Sometimes that would get the update re initiated. It helped in my Thunderbolt and rezound.
On my note 3, there is an option to update when plugging into the computer and installing the Verizon update utility, not sure if it is applicable for you.
A factory data reset may help.
Otherwise, if the update is shown on Verizon's website but you can't get it then call Verizon customer service. They will make you do a factory data reset anyway. And if they can't troubleshoot it, they should send you a replacement, at least they did so for my Rezound.
Finally, you may be able to download the ruu, and install of manually. I did it for my old Thunderbolt. Keep in mind that there are risks to downloading the ruu, so make sure you only download from a source that you trust. Personally I would use this method as a last resort.
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 06-09-2014, 01:15 PM #3
- 06-09-2014, 01:16 PM #4
- 06-09-2014, 05:34 PM #5
- By usethe4celuke in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
- By dkolars in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM
- By Pedro Velloso in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2014, 05:20 PM
- By tomadamsphoto in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-08-2014, 04:14 PM
- By shetach in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:11 PM