Can't Find Update?

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the Sense 6 update notification a few days ago and did not install it immediately because I was not in a position to have my phone be out of service for 10-15 minutes. I kept pressing 'not now' or whatever it was for a few days. Now I'm ready to update but the update is nowhere to be found. When I go into settings>software update>check new and press, nothing happens. Ideas?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Shut down the phone, pull battery and sim and restart. Sometimes that would get the update re initiated. It helped in my Thunderbolt and rezound.

On my note 3, there is an option to update when plugging into the computer and installing the Verizon update utility, not sure if it is applicable for you.

A factory data reset may help.

Otherwise, if the update is shown on Verizon's website but you can't get it then call Verizon customer service. They will make you do a factory data reset anyway. And if they can't troubleshoot it, they should send you a replacement, at least they did so for my Rezound.

Finally, you may be able to download the ruu, and install of manually. I did it for my old Thunderbolt. Keep in mind that there are risks to downloading the ruu, so make sure you only download from a source that you trust. Personally I would use this method as a last resort.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Shut down the phone, pull battery and sim and restart. Sometimes that would get the update re initiated. It helped in my Thunderbolt and rezound.

On my note 3, there is an option to update when plugging into the computer and installing the Verizon update utility, not sure if it is applicable for you.

A factory data reset may help.

Otherwise, if the update is shown on Verizon's website but you can't get it then call Verizon customer service. They will make you do a factory data reset anyway. And if they can't troubleshoot it, they should send you a replacement, at least they did so for my Rezound.

Finally, you may be able to download the ruu, and install of manually. I did it for my old Thunderbolt. Keep in mind that there are risks to downloading the ruu, so make sure you only download from a source that you trust. Personally I would use this method as a last resort.

HTC one has a non removable battery. Try looking in your downloads folder.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC one has a non removable battery. Try looking in your downloads folder.

Thanks, completely drew a blank on that one. But a restart may still help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance