Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I forgot today was Father's Day! How can I get holidays to show on my stock calendar?

I even checked July 4th and sure enough nothing to indicate that it is a holiday. Facebook birthdays show up though. I want holidays to show up in my stock calendar. Do you all have holidays showing up?
    I forgot today was Father's Day! How can I get holidays to show on my stock calendar?-screenshot_2014-06-15-14-06-10.jpg

Default Re: I forgot today was Father's Day! How can I get holidays to show on my stock calendar?

I've been getting reminders for all kinds of stuff, some of which I don't even know how it ended up on my calendar. Just for example a friend from work's birthday popped up and were not friends anywhere but at work??? Anyway, I looked and there seems to be no option to enable or disable holidays and special days so I'm guessing that the reminders I'm getting are from Facebook. I know it's putting all of my friends birthdays and anniversaries on there, so it's my guess that it is also providing the holidays. One thing I've noticed since the Sense 6 update is that I'm getting these reminders much earlier than I used to. Before I got them the day before now I'm getting them up to 4 days earlier. This has caused me to send some early birthday wishes, but since I'm always late it's nice to be bae at something. I can't think of any other calendars I have sync'd although I have other accounts sync'd, i.e. Yahoo, LinkedIn, AOL (maybe), FX Camera, Twitter, Tango, and Snapchat, but I think most of those only sync with my contacts.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Default Re: I forgot today was Father's Day! How can I get holidays to show on my stock calendar?

Use Google calendar. Holidays show up and there's a notification/reminder option.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Yes, I sync with Google calendar and my work one and everything shows up. There is a check box under Google calendar for US holidays, I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by jeverts View Post
    Yes, I sync with Google calendar and my work one and everything shows up. There is a check box under Google calendar for US holidays, I believe...
    There is no in app setting for this, however I did find one in my online calendar. Log in>go to calendar>settings>calendars and almost to bottom of the way down the page is a toggle for holidays.

They should put this I'm the app also.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.