One M7 Lollipop Software Bugs

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As Android giveth, so doth Android taketh away...Screen casting no longer works for the most part now with Lollipop. It works on my new Samsung TV but not on my newer Sony Blu-Ray (which of course worked with Kit Kat). Ive ready many items on this and there is no fix I can find and I apparently should consider myself lucky it works at all. Im so tired of this revolving door of functionality, today you can tomorrow you cant crap. I work for a bank and believe me if the Android programmers could withdraw their money one day and couldnt the next, they would be complaining about the guy who DIDNT TEST HIS CODE TOO! :)

ehh

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Having bluetooth issues in my car with update that I just did yesterday. 2013 Honda Accord. Bluetooth worked fine with an external bluetooth speaker, but goes on a continuous loop in my car and keep going in and out with Pandora. Haven't tried calls yet.

Same car, same problem. This is driving me crazy. I drive a ton for work and am always listening to Spotify or podcasts.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As Android giveth, so doth Android taketh away...Screen casting no longer works for the most part now with Lollipop. It works on my new Samsung TV but not on my newer Sony Blu-Ray (which of course worked with Kit Kat). Ive ready many items on this and there is no fix I can find and I apparently should consider myself lucky it works at all. Im so tired of this revolving door of functionality, today you can tomorrow you cant crap. I work for a bank and believe me if the Android programmers could withdraw their money one day and couldnt the next, they would be complaining about the guy who DIDNT TEST HIS CODE TOO! :)

As I always try to find the silver lining I now know that Lollipop will mirror to my Chromecast. Silver lining? At least the useless Chromecast isnt sitting in the drawer any longer :) (FYI Kit Kat made it useless) Of course it now sticks out of the TV like hi here I am look at me focal point. Silver lining? I dont have to go through the Blu-Ray which was yet another remote to deal with. See, I didnt curse once.

ofdirt4dirt

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I also have slow messaging app, slow to open, slow to type, slow to send. Not consistent thought. It is consistently slower than before the update but sometimes just barely, sometimes way slow.

The other thing I notice is that google play opens up often now when I click on other apps or the browser or messaging or just about anything. I'd say twice out of every 5 times I open something google play also opens on top. Most of the time when I push the back button it then goes to the app I'm trying to get to.

The funny thing is my wife has the same problems however she is on the Samsung S5.

One thing I don't like is that there is a security screen and a lock screen. You can go into settings and turn off the security screen but not the lock screen or you can turn off both, but you can't have the security screen without the lock screen. I don't like to have to swipe to unlock then do the security swipe ( or password, or pin) also.

Edit- A couple more things, seems most apps are slower than before to open but operate pretty normal once open. And when listening to my music- before I could pause and play on the lock screen, now I have to unlock, put in my security swipe and then I can do what is needed.

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I also have slow messaging app, slow to open, slow to type, slow to send. Not consistent thought. It is consistently slower than before the update but sometimes just barely, sometimes way slow.

The other thing I notice is that google play opens up often now when I click on other apps or the browser or messaging or just about anything. I'd say twice out of every 5 times I open something google play also opens on top. Most of the time when I push the back button it then goes to the app I'm trying to get to.

The funny thing is my wife has the same problems however she is on the Samsung S5.

One thing I don't like is that there is a security screen and a lock screen. You can go into settings and turn off the security screen but not the lock screen or you can turn off both, but you can't have the security screen without the lock screen. I don't like to have to swipe to unlock then do the security swipe ( or password, or pin) also.

Edit- A couple more things, seems most apps are slower than before to open but operate pretty normal once open. And when listening to my music- before I could pause and play on the lock screen, now I have to unlock, put in my security swipe and then I can do what is needed.

Try deleting the messages with very long threads, I had the lag on messages app as well. this worked for me

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if its the memory leak, but I noticed I need to reboot and wipe the cache to stabilize the battery life. Seems to drain faster as the week goes on. Anyone else seeing anything like this. I don't have a lot of apps and all the apps I've used for years without issue.

Condalmo

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading, I keep finding the "auto sync" setting turned off. I'll turn it on, and then find it off again later when I realize nothing is synchronizing.

Malik Hall1

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I got the most recent update this morning. My phone no longer has the calculator app or settings button (which was the only way I could turn my data or wifi on/off). I'm not entirely sure why that happened. Also, whenever I type a text, it seems I've lost the entire dictionary. When I try to chose a word to "save to dictionary" a window pops up that says "HTC Sense is not working". Those are the only apps that I used on a regular basis that I noticed are missing. Is there a way to get them back?

The calculator should be within the main menu, make sure you which the categorization to be alphabetical in the top left corner. As for the settings, when you pull down the notifications bar, there should be a gear icon in the right corner.

mierdv

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have one where the Google Music app doesn't want to play music. I can browse the library but when I tap a song or playlist nothing happens. If I reboot the phone it will start working again but eventually stops working.

brianpoppe

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
My main frustration is that the notification tone for emails (and others?) now has a stutter to it. Sounds like Morse Code when I get a message. I've ended up changing the notification tone to none, which isn't a real solution. Having some issues with my 2014 Honda Civic stereo too, but I'm not putting that blame on Lolipop yet.

reillyjr

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems since the update. The phone overheats and shuts down, battery life is terrible, and HTC Sync Manager no longer works. I've done a full factory reset and still have the same problems. Tech support from Verizon and HTC were also no help. Thinking of rooting the phone next. Any suggestions?

Michael Veloso

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, so i have been having some issues with the update. Mainly and the most frustrating of them all is i cant use google now to place voice call. So saying or typing "call wife" comes up with no app installed. This due to the fact that the "phone app" is not aacessible... This behaviour propegates to any app that would launch the dialer direct. Such as clicking phone numbers is maps, usign google drive 2 and trying to place a call.
Ps. Normal dialer works from home screen

Any solutions?
I have tried a factory reset. Wipe cache ...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante