Lollipop battery life

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing shorter battery life? Mine didn't last the day which it normally does. By 2 pm I had to charge where normally I would charge when I go to bed. So I lost 8 hours. I did a system cache wipe after the update and if battery life doesn't improve I'll do a factory reset.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4's battery life nose dived after the update. Cut in half. Cache wipe didn't help, waited a few days, didn't improve. I did the factory reset and still nowhere near what it had before, but it improved. A few days later, the battery life keeps getting better and it's back to what it was before. So I'd suggest to back everything up, do the factory reset, and give it a week to 'stabilize'.

crashbunnie

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, stand-by & up-time were immediately decreased after I installed lollipop. I haven't done a factory reset yet, it's clearly becoming inevitable. Losing data, funtionality, glitches, mini crashes, settings changes, IE & Firefox now on Injured Reserve. A mandatory house cleaning did help. Slowly battery life has improved, but I find more and more issues each day. I should've done the reset and been done with it already. :/

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's a hit or miss, really... a friend of mine has a T-Mobile Note 4, just as me, and his improved right away, without cache or factory wipes. Mine went into the ground from day 1 after the update.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I probably could have left it alone but I did a reset today. If for nothing else to make sure I have a clean install.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk