Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Thoughts on the Vigor

    I think it looks absolutely beautiful and my only concerns are the performance and the battery life. At the same time I hope its not too thick I hope its at least thinner than the HTC Thunderbolt. Do you guys really think it will come out on Oct. 6 but it possibly is looking like that to me: Wifi Certification, Bluetooth Certification, picture leaks, roadmap leaks, inside info, pictures taken with camera, international retailers online, etc.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    I think it looks absolutely beautiful and my only concerns are the performance and the battery life. At the same time I hope its not too thick I hope its at least thinner than the HTC Thunderbolt. Do you guys really think it will come out on Oct. 6 but it possibly is looking like that to me: Wifi Certification, Bluetooth Certification, picture leaks, roadmap leaks, inside info, pictures taken with camera, international retailers online, etc.
    I believe we will see it early october. The only thing i might not like is the thin 4.3' screen. Just like the evo 3d and sensation its thin and not wide. But other then that it looks nice.
  3. #3  
    the one and only M's Avatar

    Posts
    404 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    I think it looks great as well, but until we see comformation I'm taking the specs with a grain of salt. It really looks like Verizon's version of the sensation.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    I am excited for this phone. I don't know much about the rumored specs or how they would compare to the OMAP 4430 and SGX 540 in the Bionic but after having my X replaced twice then even given an X2 I had Verizon give me an Incredible 2. It was my first HTC phone and I was so impressed with the overall well rounded performance compared to even the Tegra 2 in the X2 I am more than willing to stick with HTC over Moto.

    I agree Motorola Hardware overall was a little nicer and more solid but I had so many issues with their software that HTC has won me over. I am not big on rooting and custom roms so I really like Sense being so well polished compared to Blur. I really like it more than I thought I would and I am intrigued by Beats integration also.
    Galaxy Nexus!!! Finally Mine
    Thanked by:
    Jude526 likes this.
  5. #5  
    EggoEspada's Avatar

    Posts
    740 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    This is one of the phones I am really looking forward to. This and the Nexus Prime are defiantly on my radar and hopefully they come out very soon so I can compare.
    So many phones, so little time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    I hope this thing really comes out in Early Oct.
  7. #7  
    RazorDroid's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by CBCstillmatic View Post
    I am excited for this phone. I don't know much about the rumored specs or how they would compare to the OMAP 4430 and SGX 540 in the Bionic but after having my X replaced twice then even given an X2 I had Verizon give me an Incredible 2. It was my first HTC phone and I was so impressed with the overall well rounded performance compared to even the Tegra 2 in the X2 I am more than willing to stick with HTC over Moto.

    I agree Motorola Hardware overall was a little nicer and more solid but I had so many issues with their software that HTC has won me over. I am not big on rooting and custom roms so I really like Sense being so well polished compared to Blur. I really like it more than I thought I would and I am intrigued by Beats integration also.

    I too came from Moto phones, and VZW let me warranty out a Droid 2 for the DINC 1, and I have been extremely impressed with HTC's overall feel, and build quality, and just the whole user experiennce. This phone looks to me what the DINC2 should have been. I am excited to see more of it in the months to come, as I am due for upgrade in February.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    By then there will be something much better maybe even quad core
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorDroid View Post
    I too came from Moto phones, and VZW let me warranty out a Droid 2 for the DINC 1, and I have been extremely impressed with HTC's overall feel, and build quality, and just the whole user experiennce. This phone looks to me what the DINC2 should have been. I am excited to see more of it in the months to come, as I am due for upgrade in February.
    I agree but disagree about the DInc2. I love my DInc2 and feel its a worthy successor to the original overall. You could say this is what the Thunderbolt should have been but I also thought that was a nice phone and this should be more than a worthy successor to the Tbolt.

    The DInc2 is still an awesome phone for those not looking for 4G, dual core, or a 4.3" screen and I would still pick it over the X or X2 if given the choice all over again. The DInc2 is a very well well rounded device and feels well thought out and optimized. Certain things on my X felt half assed and other things just flat didn't work right. Nothing on the DInc2 makes me feel like its incomplete.

    The battery on my DInc2 is much better than older HTC phones and it seams that way for the EVO3D and Sensation as well. I just hope the Vigor continues this trend and HTC continues to make strives forward with Beats integration and Sense 3.5
    Galaxy Nexus!!! Finally Mine
  10. #10  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    I loved my DInc, I love my TBolt, and I know I will absolutely LOVE this phone! I picked a great time to be sitting on 2 upgrades...

    I will be interested to see how battery life is on this thing. It can't possibly be any worse that the TBolt, but as Michael Scott says, "Somehow, I manage"
    "In valor, there is hope."
  11. #11  
    tmacfan4321's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    By then there will be something much better maybe even quad core
    How did you come to that conclusion? What phones are even rumored to be using quad-core chips?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e30kid View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? What phones are even rumored to be using quad-core chips?
    No I'm just saying by february next year we could see quad core phones and the vigor will probably be outdated by next feb.
  13. #13  
    EggoEspada's Avatar

    Posts
    740 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    No I'm just saying by february next year we could see quad core phones and the vigor will probably be outdated by next feb.
    If this phone has the 'Krait' processor than than I woudnt worry about how many cores it has. Id take that over a Nvida any day.

    Sent from my ADR6400L
    So many phones, so little time.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    If this phone has the 'Krait' processor than than I woudnt worry about how many cores it has. Id take that over a Nvida any day.

    Sent from my ADR6400L
    Is it even realistically possible for it to have the 'Krait' at this point? and still be released in Oct? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or 2 for it to be honest but at the same time I wouldn't mind the MSM8660 clocked at 1.5Ghz. I am not that knowledgeable about processors and know I read the MSM8660 is based on last year tech but it still sounds kind of beastly not to mention I am sure Sense will be well optimized for it either way.

    I have read how the MSM8660 at 1.5Ghz can't compete with the OMAP4430 at 1Ghz and I know nothing about the technical aspects of either to know if what I am reading is right or not. What I do know is that my DInc2 with single core processor runs smoother and has less software issues than my father's Droid 3 with OMAP4430 and my old X2 with Tegra2. For someone like me that doesn't root , I would take the HTC with slightly worse CPU/GPU but better software over the better CPU/GPU and crappy software any day.

    MOTO has really tainted me from their products and I was an avid MOTO supporter since the OG Droid but the frequent issues with the X and even worse with X2 made me try my first HTC and I am sold. I didn't like the screens on the X2 or Droid 3 either they come across as very cheap for some reason I can't put into words but the SLCD on the DInc2 with lower resolution blows them away. So much I am eager to see what HTC comes up with for an HD screen combined with Beats Audio!! I can't wait for more info on this phone.
    Last edited by CBCstillmatic; 08-28-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Galaxy Nexus!!! Finally Mine
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    No I'm just saying by february next year we could see quad core phones and the vigor will probably be outdated by next feb.
    You might see a quad-core, but they won't likely be released until summer. That being said, there might be some better hardware out. You'll definitely have the Prime as an option in Feb.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Hopefully on Verizon.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Tegra2, OMAP 4, and Snapdragon S3 are all year ago CPUs even the Dual-Core Snapdragons. They are all battery Hogs and built on previous generous chip tech. Even the Tegra3 would not provide much battery help. ICS hopefully will improve upon efficiencies... The baseband is also important and that is why the Snapdragons have a slight edge with integrated Baseband. The Moto Bionic supposedly has a new baseband that optimizes battery life and now has GB with OMAP.


    Quote Originally Posted by CBCstillmatic View Post
    Is it even realistically possible for it to have the 'Krait' at this point? and still be released in Oct? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or 2 for it to be honest but at the same time I wouldn't mind the MSM8660 clocked at 1.5Ghz. I am not that knowledgeable about processors and know I read the MSM8660 is based on last year tech but it still sounds kind of beastly not to mention I am sure Sense will be well optimized for it either way.

    I have read how the MSM8660 at 1.5Ghz can't compete with the OMAP4430 at 1Ghz and I know nothing about the technical aspects of either to know if what I am reading is right or not. What I do know is that my DInc2 with single core processor runs smoother and has less software issues than my father's Droid 3 with OMAP4430 and my old X2 with Tegra2. For someone like me that doesn't root , I would take the HTC with slightly worse CPU/GPU but better software over the better CPU/GPU and crappy software any day.

    MOTO has really tainted me from their products and I was an avid MOTO supporter since the OG Droid but the frequent issues with the X and even worse with X2 made me try my first HTC and I am sold. I didn't like the screens on the X2 or Droid 3 either they come across as very cheap for some reason I can't put into words but the SLCD on the DInc2 with lower resolution blows them away. So much I am eager to see what HTC comes up with for an HD screen combined with Beats Audio!! I can't wait for more info on this phone.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    Tegra2, OMAP 4, and Snapdragon S3 are all year ago CPUs even the Dual-Core Snapdragons. They are all battery Hogs and built on previous generous chip tech. Even the Tegra3 would not provide much battery help. ICS hopefully will improve upon efficiencies... The baseband is also important and that is why the Snapdragons have a slight edge with integrated Baseband. The Moto Bionic supposedly has a new baseband that optimizes battery life and now has GB with OMAP.
    Unless I missed some kind of meeting, this is still 2011, making the Tegra 2, OMAP 4, and S3 this year's tech. NONE of the 2012 chips are out or have even reached manufacturers.The main difference is that the Tegra 2 and OMAP 4 are Cortext A9 cores which have much better battery management than A8 cores (S3). There is nothing in the near future that won't be A9-based, the only thing that will be changing is the size of the SoC's (45 nm vs 28 nm) and such changes aren't expected until early 2012.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    You might see a quad-core, but they won't likely be released until summer. That being said, there might be some better hardware out. You'll definitely have the Prime as an option in Feb.
    moto has quad cores slated for early 2012 release actually

    Moto Bullet and the Moto Jet, google it.

    sure maybe they get delayed, but their expected Q1 2012
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dash813 View Post
    moto has quad cores slated for early 2012 release actually

    Moto Bullet and the Moto Jet, google it.

    sure maybe they get delayed, but their expected Q1 2012
    That's when they are able to be put into phones. The processors have to be released before they can be utilized in a phone.

    Also, the Targa was rumored to be a quad-core device. See how that turned out.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  21. #21  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by dash813 View Post
    Moto Bullet and the Moto Jet, google it.
    I did. is what I found. Read the first paragraph. Ponder it for a second, then read it again. If these are facts that you would use to make decisions in your every day life, I genuinely feel for you...

    As for the phones to which the article speaks, you could put a Tegra 6 chip in it (I realize that this does not exist, just using it to make a point) and with a qHD Pentile screen, it's still going to look like crap next to a Vigor.

    If Moto doesn't seriously take a look at screen tech, it doesn't matter to me what is under the hood. It will never find a space in my pocket.
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Thanked by 2:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    I did. is what I found. Read the first paragraph. Ponder it for a second, then read it again. If these are facts that you would use to make decisions in your every day life, I genuinely feel for you...

    As for the phones to which the article speaks, you could put a Tegra 6 chip in it (I realize that this does not exist, just using it to make a point) and with a qHD Pentile screen, it's still going to look like crap next to a Vigor.

    If Moto doesn't seriously take a look at screen tech, it doesn't matter to me what is under the hood. It will never find a space in my pocket.
    We'll see how much you like your Vigor when that screen eats through your battery in a few minutes, Motorola is using pentile screens for a reason and early reports of Bionic battery life make it seem like a good decision to me. Besides, I prefer the crisp look of qHD pentile over overblown SAMOLED+ screens anyway.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    We won't see it in October by any means. I'd expect May 2012 at the earliest.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Interesting article on the Snapdragon 3 processor:
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Thoughts on the Vigor

    Reports are that the S4 Snapdragon Kraits have been sampling. I guess I jumped the gun in saying that Tegra2 and OMAP 4 are last years technology but what I meant it was a last generation Tech.

    The gTablet which was released near year-end last year does have a Tegra 2, so I'm not comoletely out of my mind and all cortex-A8 chips are much older but its all semantics. That leaves us with the OMAP 4 which is fairly contemporary but still built on 45nm chip fabs.

    I agree both CPU and screen Tech will contribute to battery life but we need both worlds and an optimized Android version to take advantage of all the new tech.

    Quote Originally Posted by DashShiron View Post
    We'll see how much you like your Vigor when that screen eats through your battery in a few minutes, Motorola is using pentile screens for a reason and early reports of Bionic battery life make it seem like a good decision to me. Besides, I prefer the crisp look of qHD pentile over overblown SAMOLED+ screens anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B