So is tomorrow the day we find out about the vigor?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
We might hear something October 6th at HTC's next event. Might not hear anything specific on Verizon's version, but we might see the international version of this phone at the event.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Who does HTC think they excited today with no news on the Vigor?

Is the no news mantra a VZW controlled non event? I was looking forward all week to some news today.

I may switch back to AT&T and go with the new Samsung device. HTC and VZW are really letting me down.

I need news on the Vigor, not some darn purple phone.

borgey420

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Is the no news mantra a VZW controlled non event? I was looking forward all week to some news today.

I may switch back to AT&T and go with the new Samsung device. HTC and VZW are really letting me down.

I am with you 100%, I took back my crappy Bionic and am back to using my original Incredible. I was really hoping we'd find something out today about the Vigor. I don't get why HTC spent all that money to reveal a low end device. The Thunderbolt just needs to go already and we need to get The Vigor out. Thunderbolt is such a buggy phone that it does not even belong on the shelves. HTC AND VZW STEP YOUR GAME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

What Samsung device are you talkng about? The prime? Because thats also a VZW phone

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Since I believe this is HTC's answer to the upcoming iPhone 5, I doubt there's not going to be any "official" announcement 'till the first or second week of Oct.
With a mid month release to steal some of Apple's thunder.

There has been rumors showing up that Radio Shack will be getting it on the 20th. If that holds up It should be in Verizon stores before that. *Fingers crossed*

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Since I believe this is HTC's answer to the upcoming iPhone 5, I doubt there's not going to be any "official" announcement 'till the first or second week of Oct.
With a mid month release to steal some of Apple's thunder.

There has been rumors showing up that Radio Shack will be getting it on the 20th. If that holds up It should be in Verizon stores before that. *Fingers crossed*

Erm. I don't know if you missed it, but Verizon also sells the iPhone. There's not a chance that they will allow either handset to be launched in a way to steal the other's thunder.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Erm. I don't know if you missed it, but Verizon also sells the iPhone. There's not a chance that they will allow either handset to be launched in a way to steal the other's thunder.

Yes, I know this is a win-win for Verizon.

Just going off the internet buzz, the iPhone's release is something like the 21st of October. while the buzz on the 'net shows Radio Shack getting the Vigor/Incredible HD on the 20th.
Just seems real close to each other, especially when Verizon tends to release high-end phones about a month apart.

Yeah. I know, I take all this with a grain-of-salt. But it's not really adding up.

As a side note: I realize that Verizon holds all the cards, but can a phone manufacture have any sway when their phone get's released? At least for competitive reasons.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The vigor supposedly will be the Incredible HD. It resembles the incredible too much.
I don't think the thunderbolt is buggy. I haven't had that issue with it.

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I suppose they could do a "soft" launch of the Vigor, so as not to steal the thunder.
Or let Radioshack and vzw online release it and then later release in stores.

I always find it interesting to hear opinions about release schedules. They win either way you go-iphone or android-they keep you. I guess they do want to minimize returns though.

sbissing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I actually met up with the HTC rep the deals strictly with vzn phones and he said no one is saying anything until the 6th. All he would tell me is that its a beast of a phone and hinted at beats audio being in it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I know this is a win-win for Verizon.

Just going off the internet buzz, the iPhone's release is something like the 21st of October. while the buzz on the 'net shows Radio Shack getting the Vigor/Incredible HD on the 20th.
Just seems real close to each other, especially when Verizon tends to release high-end phones about a month apart.

Yeah. I know, I take all this with a grain-of-salt. But it's not really adding up.

Well, if the Vigor is released in October, it will be before the iPhone, and probably not a huge launch. Nothing will get launched for two weeks after the iPhone, since Verizon will be scrambling to fill that demand. So I'd say middle of October.
As a side note: I realize that Verizon holds all the cards, but can a phone manufacture have any sway when their phone get's released? At least for competitive reasons.
Nope. Not at all. The only company that has that power right now is Apple, and that's because Apple dictates to the carriers when the phones will be announced and available. Apple also provides all of the marketing, so that's why the carriers don't put up a fight.

For HTC, they depend on Verizon to market the phones, so they have no choice but to go with what Verizon says. If Verizon needs a delay, there's a delay. If Verizon wants a week window between the Vigor and iPhone launches, they'll get it.

Reactions: Jeff43

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there will be a Thunderbolt 2. I think they will just merge it into the Droid Incredible line. What's the point of a new TBolt when the Vigor comes into existence?

ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO SAY...

A Thunderbolt 3D would be pretty sweet :D