HTC Vigor battery on Amazon

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005ON4GCG/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&tag=iwantadroid-20

mobile version!!!! Were getting closer and more official

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have my doubts too.
The similarly spec'd Sensation XE is shipping with a 1750MAh battery.

I don't think that 1620 would stand a chance in a device packing a 1.5Ghz dual core, HD display, and LTE.

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
it was confirmed on the fcc document go look on droid-life but yeah that does suck that it is only 1620 mah for HD and LTE but hopefully it lasts at least 8 hours thats all i need. is for it to get me through school

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
it was confirmed on the fcc document go look on droid-life but yeah that does suck that it is only 1620 mah for HD and LTE but hopefully it lasts at least 8 hours thats all i need. is for it to get me through school

Yeah, I did notice that pic awhile back. But I'm holding on to wishful thinking, and the officially released product will have the Sensation XE's larger battery. *Fingers crossed*

Last edited:

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After having the bolt with the standard battery for 4 months I bought the official HTC extended one and haven't looked back since. It's been nice not worrying about what I can and can't do on my phone because the battery will die. Probably will buy the extended battery for the vigor on day 1, unless I get the galaxy nexus instead.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to think small batteries are made so all of us with the unlimited plan are limited by lack of power to download tons of data. when unlimited is not a option the battery size will increase.;)

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How much, if any, bulk does an expanded battery add to the phone? Do you then need a replacement back cover? Are you still able to find cases if the extended battery does indeed make the phone thicker?

Sorry for such an elementary questions. I've had my DInc since release and am an educated Adroid fan, but I've never ventured into expanded batteries. I'll likely upgrade to the Vigor, and like a previous poster, am considering buying the expanded batter at the same time.

Thanks!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
How much, if any, bulk does an expanded battery add to the phone? Do you then need a replacement back cover? Are you still able to find cases if the extended battery does indeed make the phone thicker?

Sorry for such an elementary questions. I've had my DInc since release and am an educated Adroid fan, but I've never ventured into expanded batteries. I'll likely upgrade to the Vigor, and like a previous poster, am considering buying the expanded batter at the same time.

Thanks!

It depends. I've seen some manufacturers make extended batteries that can still fit in the same space as the original. Typically these are rather small increments over the original though. And there are others (usually more extended) that need a modified back cover. And even then, there are better implementations that others. The Thunderbolt's extended battery and cover is an incredible eyesore IMO, whereas the Bionic's extended battery and cover work well with the phone.

ajw20

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Like he said it depends on the phone. Motorola has made some good ones with the bionic and droid x. Droid X had one with no size increase but it was only about a 200 mah bump. The thunderbolt had an ~2500mah extended battery but it adds another 30% of thickness to what is already probably the thickest non-qwerty phone ever. Samsung is just as bad; the one for the charges just makes this giant bulge in the back like the thunderbolt does. Personally I would like to avoid a phone that requires an extended battery to make it through a day as I have never purchased one, but it doesn't look like batteries are getting much better.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Unless the battery goes in the side like some of the unibody designs... if that's the case, extended batteries are hard to come by. *cough*Inspire*cough*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49