Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Call me crazy. But most, if not all Android phones that are not Bing'd has, "With Google" branded on the back of the phone. If you take a look on the back of the HTC Vigor, "with google" is missing. Only 4GLTE & Verizon is listed .... Could this be the Merge on steroids? I hope not.

    Picture of the Vigor:
    Last edited by Vanilla Ice; 09-27-2011 at 10:35 PM.
  2. #2  
    Jeff43's Avatar

    Posts
    269 Posts
    ROM
    given up keeping track

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
    Call me crazy. But most, if not all Android phones that are not Bing'd has, "With Google" branded on the back of the phone. If you take a look on the back of the HTC Vigor, "with google" is missing. Only 4GLTE & Verizon is listed .... Could this be the Merge on steroids? I hope not.

    I won't call you crazy, but I noticed in the shots there were no sign of a Beats logo either. The Sensation XE showed such a label. It's Interesting though.

    I'm with you, I too hope it's not a Bing phone. That would be a deal killer.

    I just noticed on the Vigor video tour, it shows Google search. That's encouraging.
    Last edited by Jeff43; 09-27-2011 at 10:50 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Good points^ But even in the tour video it doesnt look like its running sense 3.5 My thought is that the video is from a different htc phone.
  4. #4  
    Noble.Four's Avatar

    Posts
    319 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Well the images are possibly not final hardware. But. Don't curse it. Damn you!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
    Call me crazy. But most, if not all Android phones that are not Bing'd has, "With Google" branded on the back of the phone. If you take a look on the back of the HTC Vigor, "with google" is missing. Only 4GLTE & Verizon is listed .... Could this be the Merge on steroids? I hope not.

    Picture of the Vigor:
    You crazy.

    Its not the final hardware. Its missing several logos, noticeably the 'With HTC Sense', 'Google' and 'Beats' logo. (if it even has a beats logo, which it might not)

    OR

    HTC could be doing something different and limiting the logos on the back to theirs and Verizon's. Who knows.

    I do know, though, that this won't be a Bing phone. Not a chance Verizon or HTC would allow that.


    Edit: And just to put a nail in the coffin, here's a pic where the google search box is visible. The Bing one is black, so this is clearly not Bing'd.

  6. #6  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Its so perfect and sexy the only thing that could make it better is if it launched with ICS
  7. #7  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by androidjunkie30 View Post
    Its so perfect and sexy the only thing that could make it better is if it launched with ICS
    Whats the point of ics with buttons? I just got my GB update on the TB and cant tell much of a difference over froyo.
  8. #8  
    mjt1265's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Toro build #21

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Even if it does have Bing, it's just a matter of time before the Devs get us a way around it.
  9. #9  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    It has google you clearly sit it in the picture with the homescreen view.
  10. #10  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Whats the point of ics with buttons? I just got my GB update on the TB and cant tell much of a difference over froyo.
    All the differences if you're using a skinned version are under the skin.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
    Good points^ But even in the tour video it doesnt look like its running sense 3.5 My thought is that the video is from a different htc phone.
    I also noticed that the Tour video doesn't look like Sense 3.5. Neither does the home screen on the pic above. Something's fishy...
  12. #12  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by jonezilla View Post
    I also noticed that the Tour video doesn't look like Sense 3.5. Neither does the home screen on the pic above. Something's fishy...
    No, that's Sense 3.5. You're comparing it to the Rhyme, which has a custom version of Sense. The version that the Vigor will have is 'stock' sense 3.5.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: HTC Vigor Bing'd? Uh oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    No, that's Sense 3.5. You're comparing it to the Rhyme, which has a custom version of Sense. The version that the Vigor will have is 'stock' sense 3.5.
    Good! because im not a fan of the 5 tabs on the homescreen.

Posting Permissions

B