Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    given up keeping track

Default Rooting

Is anyone aware of a root for this phone yet? Or is it possible it will be the same as the DInc 2s root?

I know this seems premature since this phone isn't even out yet. But knew the Bionic was rooted a week before it was released. So maybe it's not that premature to bring this up.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Rooting

It will likely get root pretty soon upon release. Despite HTC's greater efforts, all of their phones end up being rooted. I am imagine it will be roughly the same procedure as with the most recent HTC phones that have been released. But to my knowledge, nobody really has gotten their hands on the device who has spoken out. We have some pictures from an anonymous source, but no words to accompany them.

Yeah, it is probably a little premature. But fret not, it will be rooted. And hopefully the Revolutionary team will get its bootloader cracked with a quickness. If not, HTC will hopefully add it to their list of unlockable phones. Though Revolutionary would be ideal.

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does anyone know if the Rhyme has been rooted yet? I imagine that is going to be the closest cousin as far as software exploits go...
    "In valor, there is hope."

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

According to Jcase on twitter, there are two root exploits for the Vigor at this time. Good news. Already work being done on the bootloader too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    given up keeping track

^ Yes that's good news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble.Four View Post
    According to Jcase on twitter, there are two root exploits for the Vigor at this time. Good news. Already work being done on the bootloader too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    This.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk