Vigor MIA?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen anything coming out about this device in quite some time. We were getting pretty steady leaks for a while...pictures, system dumps, things of the like. But it seems like the past week or so has put a complete halt to it all. With it supposedly coming out by the end of the month, shouldn't we be seeing it popping up more and more? With all the Nexus info it seemed like it was getting swept under the rug. Just hoping its disappearance doesn't mean it has been postponed or anything. In any case, next Thursday is looking less and less likely as the launch date. Even the 20th seems like a stretch. This coming week will be important. If we don't see any info leaking out...should we bust out the tin foil hats?

I guess it is strange to be assuming a device is being scrapped just because of a lack of leaks. Being an Android nut sure makes one rationalize things differently. No matter the case, I hope we see something soon. I need a fix! Did see something over on the Phandroid forums about a guy claiming to have played with it a little. But aside from that, I can't even remember the last we saw of this device. The photos from the BAMF forums? That seems like an eternity ago. Maybe I need to get a life :confused:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Probable CTIA announcement, but with Steve Jobs' death everything is all out of whack. I would bet on Verizon announcing it during CTIA, but who knows about a release date.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. I hadn't really considered that, I guess. I was holding CTIA in my head as "NEXUS NEXUS NEXUS". So once that was removed from the CTIA schedule I guess I automatically discarded it as a time to announce anything. Here's hoping.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya man, I hear ya. I can't wait to get the Vigor. I'm totally ready to get rid of my Thunderbolt with a cracked screen.

Sent from my Droid phone using Tapatalk.

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm postive it's not launching the 13th and also the stratosphere launches then too. Somethingust have happen *cough* thunderbolt again *cough* . If the prime is put by the end of this month I'll them decide what phone will be mine. If nothing is out by the end of the month then I think I'll be switching to the dark side.

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It's been delayed indefinitely... Apparently HTC and Samsung want to try and outdo each other on who can be the sweetest and most respectful.

I like that.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been delayed indefinitely... Apparently HTC and Samsung want to try and outdo each other on who can be the sweetest and most respectful.

I like that.

It's really kind of ironic with everyone delaying this stuff over Jobs' passing. If the shoe was on the other foot I doubt there'd be a delay.

I saw on another forum that some accessory company has batteries and cases for the Vigor (listed on there as the Rezound). The cases look official. The available date is Oct. 13th, but that doesn't mean that the phone will be available then, just the accessories. I agree with the other poster, with the Stratosphere dropping on the 13th, it seems unlikely that the Vigor would drop the same day. I am still hopeful that the 20th could happen, but after reading a few things about the Prime maybe coming in November instead, it could get pushed back a week or two. I just hope with Verizon's current 14 day return policy that they don't space it out from the Stratosphere after the 14 day period, which would put it at the last week in October or early November.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see the accessories?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I was linked on AF by DroidAV8R. Here's the links:

Search Phone Accessories by Manufacturer and Model

HTC Hard Shell Case for HTC Thunderbolt 2/Vigor in Black at MobileCityOnline.com

I had only looked at the first link previously, but I see in the second link that they refer to it as the Tbolt2/Vigor, whereas the first link referred to it as the Rezound. The second link doesn't show any pics, the first link does for it's cases, but not the batteries.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It's really kind of ironic with everyone delaying this stuff over Jobs' passing. If the shoe was on the other foot I doubt there'd be a delay.

Who, in any of the companies involved, made as big of an impact as Jobs? Any death would be sad, of course, but Jobs' death is bigger than just the mobile space, iOS or Android.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Who, in any of the companies involved, made as big of an impact as Jobs? Any death would be sad, of course, but Jobs' death is bigger than just the mobile space, iOS or Android.

There is no dening what he did. But after reading what he did in his personal life I really can't feel as bad about his loss as someone who took care of the people in their own lives. He was a millionaire while his daughter and her mother were living on welfare. He absolutely refused to claim her as his daughter, even claiming he was sterile in court. He didn't acknnowledge her as his daughter until she was almost in her teens. Considering what happened with his biological parents, to then do what he did to his own child is unconscionable.

Last edited:

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

This

There is no dening what he did. But after reading what he did in his personal life I really can't feel as bad about his loss as someone who took care of the people in their own lives. He was a millionaire while his daughter and her mother were living on welfare. He absolutely refused to claim her as his daughter, even claiming he was sterile in court. He didn't acknnowledge her as his daughter until she was almost in her teens. Considering what happened with his biological parents, to then do what he did to his own child is unconscionable.

I honestly didn't know any of these things, but they aren't necessarily respecting his personal life, but how he changed the tech world.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

That's not the whole story, though. Apple is, espeically iP4S, is receiving whole coverage by media due to the death of SJ. SJ death is being used as an advertising tool. If SJ were still alive, iP4S would've still be a disappointment to the majority.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
That's not the whole story, though. Apple is, espeically iP4S, is receiving whole coverage by media due to the death of SJ. SJ death is being used as an advertising tool. If SJ were still alive, iP4S would've still be a disappointment to the majority.

No. Just no. Apple has not used his death as an 'advertising tool'.

And while its a disappointment, the only thing that matters is sales, and those so far have beaten every previous iPhone release. (and would have, with or without Jobs being alive)

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

And while its a disappointment, the only thing that matters is sales, and those so far have beaten every previous iPhone release. (and would have, with or without Jobs being alive)

I didn't say Apple used it, but the media is relating SJ's death with iP4S. Unless Apple stops it, the media will continue it.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

That is what get's me. Of course the i4S has better sales. When the i4 released it was only on AT&T. About 8 months later it released on Verizon. Those have usually been considered 2 separate launches. Now you have the i4S releasing on AT&T, Verizon, AND Sprint at the same time. Even if you added AT&T & VZW together, that's 2 carriers for the i4 vs. 3 for the i4S. But there are other factors as well for the i4S's sales.

AT&T's sales are coming mostly from 3GS owners, who would've gotten the original i*phone and are on their second upgrade cycle. Verizon's sales are coming mostly from the people who passed on the i4 knowing that there would be a new model this year and didn't want to go with an 8 month old i4. Sprint's sales are customers who never had the chance to try an i*hone. With all of that in play, if they didn't outsell the previous launches of the i*hone, it would have been a huge failure. But the biggest reason is that it's now available to more people than it was previuosly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool