No More Interest in the Vigor/Rezound?
12-06-2012 09:57 PM
EDIT: and the crappy GB rollout with Tbolt and DINC has somewhat soured me on HTC.10-19-2011 05:22 PM
- 10-19-2011 06:08 PM
- If HTC is going to keep in the Android race, they need to "announce" the Vigor before the RAZR and Galaxy Nexus go on sale. Otherwise they will be losing a lot of sales.
For me, I've got until late December until I'm eligible for an upgrade (current phone is Droid Incredible). So I've got time to watch and see how things pan out. But it sounds like at least three great phones are going to be coming to Verizon in the coming months.
- Motorola Droid RAZR
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- HTC Vigor
Decisions.. decisions.. :-)10-19-2011 06:12 PM
- 10-19-2011 06:13 PM
- Yea tough decisions.. went from Fascinate which was 1st smartphone; thin/light w AMOLED screen; but eternity for Froyo to arrive (Sammy/VZW to blame?); and still no GB on it over to T-BOLT. HTC brought me larger screen; LTE performance and outages :-( Sense is very nice...but random reboots and again delays w updates to GB cause me to be leary... the RAZR looks wicked nice and can only assume now that owned by google that ICS can't be far away.... corp phone is a D2G and it's gotten updates pretty frequently as of late w/ GB and GB re-release... same for my XOOM wifi - cant' wait for the ICS update to arrive :-)10-19-2011 06:28 PM
- Yea tough decisions.. went from Fascinate which was 1st smartphone; thin/light w AMOLED screen; but eternity for Froyo to arrive (Sammy/VZW to blame?); and still no GB on it over to T-BOLT. HTC brought me larger screen; LTE performance and outages :-( Sense is very nice...but random reboots and again delays w updates to GB cause me to be leary... the RAZR looks wicked nice and can only assume now that owned by google that ICS can't be far away.... corp phone is a D2G and it's gotten updates pretty frequently as of late w/ GB and GB re-release... same for my XOOM wifi - cant' wait for the ICS update to arrive :-)10-19-2011 06:33 PM
it's all about choice and i love the fact we will have soo many great devices to choose from in 2012. verizon has really stepped it up here. i bet here hear confirmation on the vigor by the beginning of november with a late november or early december release. they won't pass up the holiday season.10-19-2011 06:35 PM
- 10-19-2011 06:55 PMLike 1
- To be honest, the optimization of ICS will probably give the Nexus a slight edge over the Vigor on GB. If not, they are still going to be extremely similar, its not like were going to see a performance difference coming from a OG Droid to the Galaxy Nexus or Vigor. For just simple navigating the OS, 0.3 Ghz may not really matter.10-19-2011 06:56 PM
- I think he just means that's what he feels makes the Vigor better than the Nexus in his opinion. It is true that you can't always judge things by specs alone but it does make a good starting point. Software and a few other things do go into it though. Until both devices are out and tested no one can honestly say which is faster and more than likely even when it is decided the difference may be undetectable by the human eye. I do hope that HTC does announce something soon because their lack of action and promotion for this device may cause what looks to be a really good phone a ton of sales and potential success. People have a short attention span now a days and if you expect them to wait you have to throw them a few crumbs every now and then or you lose them. Even though I am pretty sure I will get the Vigor I do plan on actually holding both the Vigor and the Nexus in my hands and putting them through their paces. But even so a little news every now and then wouldn't hurt.10-19-2011 06:57 PM
- 10-19-2011 06:57 PM
- 10-19-2011 07:27 PM
- I'm waiting on the vigor too. HTC makes better quality handsets than Samsung(personal opinion). Don't get me wrong Sammy has some sweet androids but I just like the look and feel of HTC better. Also with Ice Cream Sandwich being a hybrid mesh of flavors, I am not sure about how the apps will work resolution wise as well functionality. So, that's a bigger reason for me to to stick to what I know for the time being. That said leaks or not I'm soooooo siked for the Vigor so hurry the up Big Red!10-19-2011 09:06 PM
- 10-19-2011 10:05 PM
- When it comes to smartphones it really is all about personal taste. One of the main reasons I'm not getting the phones you named is because I hate their look. I mean I'm sure they are good phones in their own rite but MAN. The Razr is just way to boxy for me and the Nexus is just..... well it's hard to put into words but the best I can think of at the moment is it looks sterile. I mean it looks like it wants to be edgy but not too edgy, classy but not too classy, modest but not too modest. It just looks sort of nothing specialish. That's just my opinion and you know what they say about those..lol.10-19-2011 10:12 PM
- 10-19-2011 10:25 PM
- I think part of the buying experience with the I phone was people who had a 3gs and were waiting for there upgrades to come. And then blackberry crashed in good timing with the 4s arriving. To me. I was disappointed. I waited for a bigger screen. New software, etc etc. But there upgrades to there iOS are still only catching up to android. Thats coming from someone who has a macbook, 27in mac, i pad, i pod, i phone lol. And now I'm turning the cheek and looking for the next best thing and I phone to me is not it.10-19-2011 10:36 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Rezound
No More Interest in the Vigor/Rezound?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD