No More Interest in the Vigor/Rezound?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Please show a link to an actual Samsung statement that the Nexus will have Gorilla glass. I have not read anything but assumptions that it will and that it will not. So, until I see it verified by Samsung, I will assume it does not. Whereas Moto has stated Gorilla glass for the Razr in their own marketing information.
The way I understand it, in order to use the trademarked name "Gorilla Glass" in product advertisements, you must pay a fee to Corning. Some phone manufacturers do and and some don't. Doesn't necessarily indicate whether that device has Gorilla Glass or not.

-Frank

Reactions: Mr Bigs

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else getting the feeling that this is going to be pushed back for a while, possibly into December or even January in an attempt to release it with ICS?

I have thought of that and I'm not sure if it that makes me happy or sad..lol. I mean chances are it won't have ICS but with the delay and no "official" statements coming from HTC it does make it seem like they are trying to do something behind the scene. If and that's a BIG if, they are in fact trying to hurry and include ICS with the Vigor then as bad as I want this phone RIGHT NOW I do hope they take their time with that. I mean rushing the TB is what got them a ton of bad PR so even though I am anxious I hope they take their time and get this launch right in as many ways as possible but ICS or not this is still my top contender for a new phone.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The way I understand it, in order to use the trademarked name "Gorilla Glass" in product advertisements, you must pay a fee to Corning. Some phone manufacturers do and and some don't. Doesn't necessarily indicate whether that device has Gorilla Glass or not.

-Frank

Honestly, that does not make sense. Why would a company not want to have publicity? However, this link kind of makes it official there is NO Gorilla glass on the nexus. So onto other topics...

No, the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have Gorilla Glass, and, no, that doesn't mean the phone sucks | Android Central

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have thought of that and I'm not sure if it that makes me happy or sad..lol. I mean chances are it won't have ICS but with the delay and no "official" statements coming from HTC it does make it seem like they are trying to do something behind the scene. If and that's a BIG if, they are in fact trying to hurry and include ICS with the Vigor then as bad as I want this phone RIGHT NOW I do hope they take their time with that. I mean rushing the TB is what got them a ton of bad PR so even though I am anxious I hope they take their time and get this launch right in as many ways as possible but ICS or not this is still my top contender for a new phone.

**Edit to my previous statement** With the recent news this afternoon about HTC holding an even next Tuesday 11/3, I guess my fears and those of others can finally be put to rest.:D

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
**Edit to my previous statement** With the recent news this afternoon about HTC holding an even next Tuesday 11/3, I guess my fears and those of others can finally be put to rest.:D

Do you have a link?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

http://phandroid.com/2011/10/25/htc-to-drop-beats-at-november-3-press-event-htc-rezound-unveiling-likely/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brucefan42

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
HTC Rezound doesn't have Gorilla Glass either. I am hoping that both the Rezound and Nexus have moved on to Corning Lotus Glass (which has yet to prove it is as tough as GG but at least it's not the Chinese cra*p they use in the iPhone). I am extremely happy with the GG in my Droid X. If I can't confirm GG or equivalent in these phones, I'll be buying a Razr!

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
By now we know the phone will be out on 11/14/11 and will not have ICS untill Jan.. But it will have it. Ill get mine on the 14 :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess the answer here was yes, there was no interest in our poor little phone.....

Why yes I am at work and bored...pulling a little thread revival

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha, this thread was more than a year old of activity and you have revived it! Looking at some of these comments makes me laugh. Of the three big releases last year for Verizon, the Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, and Razr, Taking a look at it's first year. The Razr had the most success. The Galaxy Nexus was a dissapointment with it's bad battery life, poor wifi connection, and below average 5 mega pixel camera. The Rezound ended up being the best overall phone with high end features. I bought my Rezound in January for $199, and it's still $199 in my Verizon store. The Razr and G Nexus are now $99 dollars each. So what does that tell you? :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Psssshhhhhtttt ... You'd have to be an absolute moron to waste good money on a Rezound. That stupid beats with its cheesy red ear buds. That ridiculous screen. I mean, who cares about HD anyway.

You're all morons.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Nexus? It's all about the iPhone, man. And, apple pie. Apple fritters. Anything with apples.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2