No More Interest in the Vigor/Rezound?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This forum seems to have completely come to a stop with the Nexus getting close. I suspect that unless there is some new info about the Vigor/Rezound that the Razr is also going to steal what thunder it had left.

I have to admit that I'm reading that most of the devs are just waiting for the Nexus and I'm afraid that there won't be much in the way of development for this phone.

Reactions: aaCharley

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If rumors that it's a lte /cdma/gsm world phone are correct, then interest will go through the roof when it's announced.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm still as interested as ever. But with the lack of leaks and stuff, there has been little to discuss. It is definitely still a front runner for me, this Nexus event should probably shed some light on what I will go with. But having heard nothing about the Vigor--aside from disappointing release dates--it is hard to keep the discussion going.

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm still as interested as ever. But with the lack of leaks and stuff, there has been little to discuss. It is definitely still a front runner for me, this Nexus event should probably shed some light on what I will go with. But having heard nothing about the Vigor--aside from disappointing release dates--it is hard to keep the discussion going.

Completely agreed. The Vigor is the only phone I'll be buying next month (and I'll probably never call it the Rezound...ever).

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
After watching everything about the G-Nex and ICS, I was very impressed with both the integration of the OS and the hardware that Samsung put forth. They're definitely getting better at it. However, I realized after watching the entire ICS presentation how totally awesome it will be once the Vigor gets the update. It will hopefully be seamless integration between Sense 3.5 and ICS (quite frankly, alot of the "new" features that ICS is being packaged with were already in Sense, TouchWiz and any other OEM skin). It should be a very exciting upcoming month. Especially for those of us who have waited patiently for all these devices to come out.

I can't wait to compare the G-Nex, RAZR and Vigor side-by-side, but at the end of the day, the Vigor is the perfect device for me.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus, no sd card slot. Motorola Razr, non-removable battery. I've never been a huge fan of HTC but I'm hoping they can draw me in with the Rezound.

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i love my tbolt and still hoping for news on the vigor. It won't be long before ICS is integrated by the OEM manufaturers so i don't mind waiting a few months.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Whenever a new device peeks over the horizon that captures my interest it seems something happens to delay it. Now, with the lack of information on the Vigor and new and tasty ICS teasers I find myself looking to the horizon again.

Damn...

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but I was holding out for the Vigor/Rezound. Now Motorola threw a HUGE monkey wrench into the works with the Razr. HTC will have to do something quickly to make me not buy that sexy beast.:)

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
To be completely honest, the Vigor was definitely my front runner device until we started seeing more and more ICS info. The only reasons now it is still in my consideration is that HTC makes it, and I love their build qualities, and Sense.

The build of the Nexus worries me coming from Samsung, I may not like if it doesnt have a micro SD slot, and it may be TOO large.

Ive never really been this split on a phone before. Its probably like 60-40 for the Nexus right now. I just need to use both in store and go from there.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My entire purpose in starting this thread in here was to see the reaction of all the news yesterday. Not only did we have the Nexus/ICS reveal but we also had the RAZR reveal from Moto. I'm not a Moto fan even though I think they produce the best radios, but their locked bootloaders and nasty screens made me a little crazy. Now, with the Razr we still have the locked bootloader but we also have an exquisitie screen, a fast device and super thin - would be hard to resist except that later that evening Samsung and Google hit us with the Nexus and ICS.

The Nexus hardware, on its own is OK, but its not hanging out there on the bleeding edge. But, I think it was designed that way because the real story here was always intended to be about ICS. And Google wasn't about to let the hardware manufacturer outshine the software, nor were they about to take the chance of putting ICS on some bleeding edge hardware that could possibly lead to serious problems and take away from their new version of android.

I think its going to take some serious stuff from HTC to keep me here. I was hugely disappointed by my TB and all of its problems and I've been using HTC products even when I was on Windows Mobile and previous to them adopting the name HTC. I don't see that serious stuff in the Vigor/Rezound. Nice yes, but too much more of the same. We are now dealing with super thin phones that are super fast with great screens. We also will shortly have access to ICS.

I'm anxious to see what comes down the pike over the next few weeks and actually get my hands on all these offerings and see what I end up with when its all done and I've made a decision. It would be interesting to know where all of you end up also.

Reactions: MOTOX2

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm anxious to see what comes down the pike over the next few weeks and actually get my hands on all these offerings and see what I end up with when its all done and I've made a decision. It would be interesting to know where all of you end up also.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. When I made the choice to get a new phone I was about 99% sure it would be the Vigor(I refuse to call it that other name..lol). Then as time went on and I learned more about the Nexus and ICS it slowly started changing to about 50/50 between the two devices. I actually set my alarm so I could watch the live youtube stream of the google event which is VERY odd for me. I don't normally get in to things that much, but it was almost like waiting for the world premiere of some block buster movie..lol. After watching the event and reading the articles and blog post that followed, things have again somewhat changed. After getting more information it became very obvious to me that the main thing drawing me to the Nexus was ICS, and not the actual smartphone itself. I am not putting the Nexus down I just think some phones call to certain people or do the exact opposite and turn them off. At any rate I am now more or less feeling like 80% Vigor, 20% Nexus. I haven't had a smart phone in a long long time so waiting on the ICS update for the Vigor isn't a big deal to me. I plan on buying my phone out of contract and I will definitely be doing a lot of video, photo, and a ton of music on it. To me if you are paying full price for a smartphone then you need to go where your instincts/inner desire tells you to go or you will always wonder what if. With that it's seems like a win/win for me to get the Vigor. I say that with the info I have at the moment. I know things could change with the official release of the Vigor or as more info is made available. For the moment my biggest concern is whether or not the Vigor will be able to be fully flashed to work on the Cricket/Metro PCS network. I will just continue to be patient and see what the future holds.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
when is the vigor supposed to be released anyways? i hope by x-mas as ill be picking it up in january. i may also get the moto razr but having no removable battery is a deal breaker. it will all depend if it gets rooted and the bootloader gets unlocked?

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly around Nov. 10th but lately it seems like you have to take everything tech related with a grain of salt until it's actually out.

Lemonheater

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm not very impressed by the Nexus. I can see why a lot of people are, but it was talked up quite a bit for me to have two burning issues about buying it: no SD Card slot and only a 5MP camera. That and I've never been a fan of Samsung build quality.

On the other hand, I think Motorola has a total winner with the Razr. Super thin, unique aggressive design and durable. Currently that's my front runner, but HTC Sense is hard to beat. I really like we have three solid phones to choose from this holiday season.

Reactions: markus_del_marko

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I find myself losing interest in the Vigor is the similarities to my Incredible. I know its very different, and I love Sense, but it just feels like it might be getting a little stale. I think a vanilla experience, especially ICS, would keep things interesting.I know I could flash a ROM like CM7, but I really dislike a lot of the stock apps from 2.3, and it so far it seems those dislikes have gone away in ICS. It just seems like the Nexus would have a bit more of that 'new' factor, since Ive flashed a 3.0+ ROM with Gingerbread onto my Incredible already.

And if the Vigor does get pushed back, that would probably remove it from the race for me entirely. The RAZR and Motorola's UI just arent my taste, so they were never really in it for me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma