Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Arrow Are you planning on buying the Vigor/Rezound?

So it looks like the Vigor/Rezound should be out in about another week or two. Are you planning on upgrading to it? Currently own the Incredible and been waiting for this phone for about 6 months now.

As for cases, is Seidio planning on offering the Innocase II case or Surface?

Any need to upgrade from the factory battery or will it be sufficient?

Default Re: Are you planning on buying the Vigor/Rezound?

Maybe. Give it a few months.

Cases? Probably, but only Seidio knows for sure.

Battery life? No one will know until it hits and people let us know the battery life under real world conditions.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No, waiting for the Galaxy Nexus phone.

Going to wait until all 3 are in the stores.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

You mean hold off on buying it for a couple of months instead of having to be the first in line?

Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Maybe. Give it a few months.

Cases? Probably, but only Seidio knows for sure.

Battery life? No one will know until it hits and people let us know the battery life under real world conditions.

Yes ill be geting one

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I'm getting it! I've been waiting forever to get out of my Pre Plus and this is it! If the Nexus was out first I'd think about it, but I'm too impatient and like them both.
    Monkey Pi likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Looks like it shouldn't be too much longer; Nov 14th?

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

I think so. I have ruled out the Nexus and the permanent battery on the RAZR worries me. A little concerned about Vigor's battery life though.
    WCK

I am. Think I'll buy it from Best Buy where the return policy is a little more liberal. If the battery or signal drops suck will return it.

I will most likely be switching from Sprint to Verizon for it. I wanted the nexus but having second thoughts. I don't use over 2gb a month so I won't care bout going over the limit. And verizons coverage here is awesome. Hopefully annoucement reveals juicy info

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Maybe, maybe not!
    I will wait and see the feedback on this and the Razr over the next few months. Then I will know the history of both in the hands of actual users. Then drive 115 miles to the nearest Verizon store, play with the phones, take them outside on a sunny day and see how they are in sunlight, etc. Then make a decision.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8 = BOOM
    You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

sick of the dam Tbolt. Thinking of buying it. Reminds me of my dinc1 only 10 times better. HTC should learn from the mistakes with the Tbolt especially the radio. The tbolt is satan

i will bee getting it. hopefully they will upgrade me early by one month.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

I'm so torn between this and the nexus ....might be a coin toss for me 2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Maybe, maybe not!
    I will wait and see the feedback on this and the Razr over the next few months. Then I will know the history of both in the hands of actual users. Then drive 115 miles to the nearest Verizon store, play with the phones, take them outside on a sunny day and see how they are in sunlight, etc. Then make a decision.
    Man, I'm sorry that you're 115 miles from the nearest Verizon store!

Sent from my HP Touchpad running CM7

I am currently using the original Droid Incredible... Which I still love...

I am torn between the Galaxy Nexus and of course the HTC Rezound.

I am only edging towards the Nexus because god knows when the Rezound will get it's upgrade to ICS.

If HTC could give some kind of time frame and it was reasonable, I would stick with HTC.

I don't want to have to wait a year for an update.

Lego
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

I was planning in on but the crappy gingerbread update messed up my Dinc. Verizon wanted to lock me into another 2 year contract with a non-4g phone and wouldn't budge/ I guess the 16 years I spent with them and the tens of thousands of dollars I gave them didn't matter. There was no way I was going to lock in with a non 4g phone for another 2 years when I only had one year left on my contract. So I said bye-bye and got a samsung galaxy s2 with Sprint and the phone is amazing.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Yes. I've been sitting on an upgrade for a year. Picked up a tbolt on ebay and love sense. No removable battery on the razr makes it a no. Considered a nexus but svdo is a must for me, so rezound it is.

I am torn between the Nexus and the Rezound; currently I'm using DINC 2 but have an upgrade available. 4G isnt wide spread in my area I can get it at work but not at home. I think I will visit a store play with both and check this forum to make my decision. Both sound bad ***! I have had 2 HTC phones (DINC and DINC2) and also had a Motorola X2 (crap) I will never get one again so RAZR is out for me.

Going to wait and see what the what people think of the phone before i get it. Love HTC and the sense ui.

I'm expecting to pick up the Rezound once the holiday sales start heating up. I have my reservations about the Razr's non-removable battery and am very disappointed that the Nexus won't have removable storage. While I understand the hype surrounding the Nexus I'm just not as impressed with it as I hoped, so I'm giving HTC a chance. I'm also taking into account the fact that statistically HTC on Verizon is the fastest carrier/manufacturer team to put out updates. As a music junkie having integrated Beats Audio and the bundled headphones is extremely attractive. It'll be a welcome change, too. My wife and I both have upgrades in the pocket and she's still trying to get by with her Droid Eris, which has been...underwhelming, even after I rooted and overclocked it. That poor, paste-eating phone is in hospice. I, fortunately, was upgraded from an OG Droid to the DX by Verizon after several warranty replacements and I love my DX, so I'm having an easier time holding out as these handsets hit shelves.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.3, Sense 3.6

For me, I think it's absolutely certain that I'm switching to Android. LOL

Looking at all 3 devices (RAZR, G-Nex, Rezound), I've been trying to determine whether I could see myself using each of them on a daily basis. Each has strengths and weaknesses and I'm sure we're all aware of what they are.

However, at the end of the day, I've always liked HTC hardware and the Sense UI. I know that this phone will eventually receive ICS (due mostly to its native screen resolution and based on what Duarte said during the G-Nex unveil) and will probably get it via ROMs faster than we might even imagine. The specs are comparable with both the RAZR and G-Nex and quite frankly I like the overall design of the phone better.

- I don't need a razor-thin phone. I want the phone to kind of fill my hand (if that doesn't sound too terrible).
    - I don't like plasticky feel (which the G-Nex has been said to have and is almost a confirmation of how Samsung builds their devices...yet again)
    - Whether this phone has terrible battery life or not will not be a determining factor as I have access to a charger 95% of the time I'll have the phone with me. If it gets that bad, there's always the 2750mah extended I could buy.

It's a matter of not only familiarity with Sense, but the comfort in knowing something "just works".

- Yes, to some the HTC design is tired and in need of an overhaul.
    - Yes, Sense can be buggy and bog down the overall performance of the phone. However, I contend that with the release of Sense 3.5, I seriously doubt that HTC didn't take into consideration the feedback of their customers using Sense 3.0.
    - Would you really rather use MotoBlur, even with all its supposed enhancements over Sense?

As additional bonuses, the phone will sport a true HD screen (minus the softkeys of the G-Nex and with higher ppi than the Retina display on the iPhone), Beats Audio (marketing ploy or not it's pretty awesome that it should ship with $100+ headphones) and it will be LTE (unlike some fruity phone that just recently released ).

All of these factors contributed into why I will be buying the Rezound on launch day.
    Last edited by DougD84; 11-09-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    AZDROIDX likes this.

The Rezound looks like a really nice phone. I never really liked Sense but other then that it looks great. I will be getting the Nexus when it comes out.

I really don't expect the Rezound to ship with $100 headphones. If they are included expect them to be slightly better then average.

I honestly can't say I'd buy another htc phone. I just don't see what's so special about this phone besides a better processor and screen (now I sound like a evo owner when the tbolt came out lol). My thunderbolt is my first Android device and I love it a lot. I've learned how to root and get all of the fun stuff on here that I otherwise wouldn't be able to with a stock phone. And I love the svdo radio.

But I am bored with sense. It was great at first but now sense 3.0 and lower isn't anything special to me. I do like sense 3.5 though as I was running a htc rhyme port for awhile but even that wasn't all that great besides the new launcher widget. I have recently been using Go Launcher which is pretty awesome btw!

Therefore I'm excited for the Nexus to come out since its pure android. I'll be getting the most latest and greatest updates sooner rather than much later. The device also will be supported well into the future just like previous Nexus phones. I'm also pretty sure I can convince my wife to get the razr. We both like the size and style plus it should be plenty durable! Perfect for her :-)
    Last edited by Bolt_of_Thunder; 11-03-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast