Has all the same feeling as .....

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt.... undersized battery so might as well load up on a couple batteries (at least they made them removable). Plus promises of an OS upgrade, how long was the upgrade to GB for Thunderbolt? By the time the GB upgrade came out the phone was last weeks news... Nice hardware but Thunderbolt experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for anything HTC, especially with "promises" being attached.

Reactions: AeroEngi

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt.... undersized battery so might as well load up on a couple batteries (at least they made them removable). Plus promises of an OS upgrade, how long was the upgrade to GB for Thunderbolt? By the time the GB upgrade came out the phone was last weeks news... Nice hardware but Thunderbolt experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for anything HTC, especially with "promises" being attached.
1) Battery:The TBolt works great with its extended battery.
2) OS Upgrade Soon: The ThunderBollt, which you compared it to, was the FIRST... FIRST... FIRST 4G phone to get a GB update on VZW. Did I say FIRST?
3) I think the HTC hardware is the best. Different strokes...

I should add... I'd be buying the Rezound in a heartbeat if I weren't so happy with my TBolt. I like it a lot better than the upcoming Galaxy Nexus and Droid RAZR. High specs, removable SD Card and Battery (buy more!). What else?

-Frank

Last edited:

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the battery life, i hope i am wrong but i get the feeling that the battery life will be horrible..

HTC really needs to get their act together..

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just recently switched to an iPhone 4S but this phone has me wanting to come back to Android.............BUT....I am going to hold off and see how battery life is on this. I would assume they wont have the same issues as the Tbolt, but you never know.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC has learned a lesson from the Tbolt, and has made an effort at making a more energy efficient phone. Regardless of battery size, effecient radios and screens is where its at. We still don't know how the Rezound will perform in this category so lets not have too much fear-mongering.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I think HTC has learned a lesson from the Tbolt, and has made an effort at making a more energy efficient phone.

I think we see this in every forum! Everyone said the same thing about Samsung after more then one phone with the latest being the charge and them learning their lesson with updating the phone.

Until I actually see it happen, Samsung with always suck with updates and HTC will always suck with battery life. Expect it and if it changes be happy but don't get mad when you find out it has not changed.

Reactions: Nirvana328

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
1) Battery:The TBolt works great with its extended battery.
2) OS Upgrade Soon: The ThunderBollt, which you compared it to, was the FIRST... FIRST... FIRST 4G phone to get a GB update on VZW. Did I say FIRST?
3) I think the HTC hardware is the best. Different strokes...

I should add... I'd be buying the Rezound in a heartbeat if I weren't so happy with my TBolt. I like it a lot better than the upcoming Galaxy Nexus and Droid RAZR. High specs, removable SD Card and Battery (buy more!). What else?

-Frank

#1 - An extended battery - sheesh,compared to the other models coming out this sucka is already THICK, toss the extended battery pack on this and I'll need to get bigger pants pocket ;)
#2 - It was the first, but can you say BUGGY, BUGGY, did I say BUGGY?
#3 - Agreed, to each their own.

I had fallen in love with TB when it came out, but honestly it never met my expectations. I'm not on Charge and it outperforms the TB. The TB was buggy since the upgrade, while others have mentioned issues with Charge, it's not given me one bit of problem - only irritating issue is the blue tooth audio, sounds like crap, TB beats pants off the Charge in this feature.

If this phone came out 3 months ago it would have been considered SEXY, but coming out now against RAZR and Nexus, well this leaves me not feeling the love.

I'm waiting to see how each of these new 3 perform and will then make the jump, but HTC burned me with the TB and as they say, burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.... :D

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
If this had a kickstand, I would choose over Nexus. Specs are great, display will have better pixal density(if correctly said) and some Devs already talking about picking up this HTC like Tbolt. So that whole Vanilla Android is almost a mute point to me, almost. I cancelled my RAZR preorder and now will wait to have all 3 available before deciding.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's one fugly kickstand case! Reminds me of the Evo. Still doesn't compare to the native built-in kickstand of the Thunderbolt. As to the Rezound, I don't get the comparisons to the Thunderbolt as it is clearly more like an Incredible 2 and would be its successor. I'd guess the real Thunderbolt successor is coming some time next year. :)

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
When do the third party accessory manufacturers start putting out their wares. Does anyone know? I'm kind of looking forward to putting the Rez in a Seidio Surface case and then buying the charging dock to go with it.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if you have seen this before or not but if the kickstand was the only thing holding you back from getting the Vigor then problem solved.
HTC Hard Shell with Kickstand Case for HTC Rezound

Thanks for the link, I would of searched for one once the phone was released but due to thickness on the Rezound putting a case is not an option. As of now a case with kickstand for Nexus would be welcomed but we will see. I cancelled my preorder for RAZR, my BAMF Tbolt can hold me over till I test all three out.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I think battery life will be better than the TBolt but yes I would not expect miracles. TBolt was the first of it's kind and was bound to have issues and they no doubt took what they learned from that one to help make this one better. As for upgrades, yes it took later than we hoped but remember they had that bum MR1 and had to stop development on GB to fix that or we would have seen it a month or so earlier. But as has been stated it was the first LTE to get it that didn't ship with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800