Performance Post Root

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The following takes into account at least one assumption: We'll be able to root this thing.

I am not a very technical person (and therefore, should not really be rooting) so I don't completely understand everything with overclocking. With that said, Rezound is coming in at 1.5 vs Nexus 1.2 and while the .3ghz difference would probably not be noticeable, what does it mean when we are able to root and can start overclocking? Per another post in this forum:

Biggest difference:

OMAP4460 -> Cortex A9 cores

S3 Snapdragons -> 2 Scorpion based cores. Similar in instruction set to Cortex A8.

The OMAP4s decently outperform the current dual-core snapdragons. It won't be until Krait comes out that they'll start rivaling them.

Also, the Adreno 220 is pretty on par with an SGX540 overclocked to about 400MHz, so it'll be similar in performance.

Making another assumption that the above is correct, between the Rezound and the Nexus, which one is set up to really become a beast? Or am I completely off base in even posting any of this (which hey, being a novice, I'm open to constructive criticism)?

georgekn3mp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
based on some "pre-release" and some stock benchmark scores from UK-Based Gnexes vs. US-based Rezounds...the Rezound is very competitive in Quadrant and some other tests I have seen compared. A lot depends on Sense and what is running but I know my last quadrant scores beat most of the marks posted by Gnex users.

It actually posted 600 points over one test score I have seen, 1500 (gnex) for my 2200 (stock Rezound)
Granted, ICS on those seems pretty buggy too, depending on what reviews / posts you see.

I am happy with what appears to be in the top 10 scoring phones across most benchmarks I have seen.
The only drawback I have seen is that 1620 battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown