Could this get any thicker?

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I knew this was going to be thicker than the Razr / Nexus, but not this much thicker. Just saw this site comparing the 3 and you could stack the Razr and Nexus on top of one another and it would still be thinner than the Rezound. I really don't understand why it's so thick either. The Razr / Nexus have bigger batteries as well. What did HTC do, stick Dr Dre in this thing? Coming from the Droid Incredible I really had high hopes for this device, but a pair of earbuds just ain't going to do it for me.

Here is the site I was talking about that compared them.

HTC Rezound vs. Galaxy Nexus vs. Droid Razr: specs showdown

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you could stack the RAZR and LTE Nexus and have them be thinner than the Rezound. All hands on reports said that it is thick, but no thicker than the Thunderbolt, and actually feels quite nice in the hand.

Do yourself a favor and handle it yourself before writing it off for being too thick. Keep in mind that the RAZR is ridiculously thin. They had to make some design compromises when making it, including a non-removable battery. Comparing other phones to it is pointless. It was designed to be thinner than anything else, and so it is. The Nexus has a tear drop design, so the thickness is distributed differently. The Rezound has thin edges, and it comes to a thick bulge in the back. So it's all about design. The Rezound could have been made thinner if they would have distributed the thickness throughout the whole device instead of having the edges be thin. But it was designed the way it was to give it a better feel in hand.

Rabble rabble rabble.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh it will be thicker when you realize battery life sucks and you have to add an extended battery to get more then 5-6 hours like every other HTC device. LOL

Reactions: load97 and Jdm4292

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Some will complain if a phone is too thick, then they will complain if its skinny but has a non-removable battery and/or poor battery life and missing other features such as global radios, etc.

Honestly, there is just no pleasing some people. :(

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you could stack the RAZR and LTE Nexus and have them be thinner than the Rezound. All hands on reports said that it is thick, but no thicker than the Thunderbolt, and actually feels quite nice in the hand.

Do yourself a favor and handle it yourself before writing it off for being too thick. Keep in mind that the RAZR is ridiculously thin. They had to make some design compromises when making it, including a non-removable battery. Comparing other phones to it is pointless. It was designed to be thinner than anything else, and so it is. The Nexus has a tear drop design, so the thickness is distributed differently. The Rezound has thin edges, and it comes to a thick bulge in the back. So it's all about design. The Rezound could have been made thinner if they would have distributed the thickness throughout the whole device instead of having the edges be thin. But it was designed the way it was to give it a better feel in hand.

Rabble rabble rabble.

+ 1000

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It is totally a subjective subject. I have big hands, so I prefer a little more to hold and probably will find the Rezound to be comfortable. Doesn't mean I'll get one because of its size, but I certainly have not ruled it out due to its size.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so maybe I embellished the thickness, but 7.1mm(Razr), 8.9mm(Nexus) to 13.65mm(Rezound)? That is a big difference. If thick with ridges is what you like, then have at it. ;) Like I said before I'm not dissing HTC, as I love my Droid Incredible, but this is a brick. Who knows, maybe I'll see this in person when it comes out and find that it's not as thick as it looks in the photos, as I just looked up my Incredible specs and found out it was 11.9mm thick and I find that to be pretty thin.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so maybe I embellished the thickness, but 7.1mm(Razr), 8.9mm(Nexus) to 13.65mm(Rezound)? That is a big difference. If thick with ridges is what you like, then have at it. ;) Like I said before I'm not dissing HTC, as I love my Droid Incredible, but this is a brick. Who knows, maybe I'll see this in person when it comes out and find that it's not as thick as it looks in the photos, as I just looked up my Incredible specs and found out it was 11.9mm thick and I find that to be pretty thin.

The LTE version of the galaxy nexus is rumored to be 11 mm thick.

Reactions: compchick813

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh it will be thicker when you realize battery life sucks and you have to add an extended battery to get more then 5-6 hours like every other HTC device. LOL
These three phones run from 1620 to 1780mAh in battery size. IMO, you're not gonna see a discernible difference in this range of battery sizes. I mean, from the smallest to the biggest is less than a 10 percent difference in mAh. Trivial stuff in the battery world.

-Frank

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
These three phones run from 1620 to 1780mAh in battery size. IMO, you're not gonna see a discernible difference in this range of battery sizes. I mean, from the smallest to the biggest is less than a 10 percent difference in mAh. Trivial stuff in the battery world.

-Frank

Not when the culprit for much of HTC's battery issues is Sense itself. With sense on board, the battery should be significantly larger than the other two.

Lemonheater

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
To put things in perspective, remember that the original Droid Incredible is 11mm while the Rezound is 13mm. That's only a 2mm difference.

That's pretty marginal and if you think the original Incredible is fat then you might be anorexic. Either way it is fat compared to the Razr, but in reality, not that bad.

I got over the thickness and I think it is my next phone indeed.

tmwilson02

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If you look at recent photos taken by P3Droid, and yes I know he is a very disliked individual in this community, you can see that it looks like the rumored 11mm thickness for the LTE GNex could be true.

Side by Side Comparisons GNex vs ()

Comparing it to the Bionic it looks very similar in size just with the thickest ends of the phone swapped. Really with the phone being curved isn't there a chance that the distance from the bottom of the phone to the surface the phone is laid on may not be that far from the Rezound thickness?

Just an observation. I am completely torn between these two phones. I feel that the Rezound will get good support from the dev community and plan to put vanilla ICS on it as soon as I can once I am bored with the new sense. What does everyone else think?

username235

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If you look at recent photos taken by P3Droid, and yes I know he is a very disliked individual in this community, you can see that it looks like the rumored 11mm thickness for the LTE GNex could be true.

Side by Side Comparisons GNex vs ()

Comparing it to the Bionic it looks very similar in size just with the thickest ends of the phone swapped. Really with the phone being curved isn't there a chance that the distance from the bottom of the phone to the surface the phone is laid on may not be that far from the Rezound thickness?

Just an observation. I am completely torn between these two phones. I feel that the Rezound will get good support from the dev community and plan to put vanilla ICS on it as soon as I can once I am bored with the new sense. What does everyone else think?

The Rezound is already rooted, and there's two Roms for it available on XDA if you go look. So yes, the Rezound dev support is definitely amazing. A lot of the developers from the Incredible are moving onto the Rezound, and trust me, these guys are geniuses at what they do. The two roms that are up, are both from Incredible developers, in fact. Rezound Android Development - xda-developers

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
you are reporting specs like fox news. not accurate at all. you are using the skinny measurement of the gnex not the thick end also, they dont even have the "hump" listed for the rzr. if you compare the thickest of the gnex, there is a difference of .11" r u kidding? .11" not to mention the LTE gnex is thicker than GSM version listed in your measurements.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad its not any bigger than 4:3. Anything bigger is just ridiculous. How can you call it a phone? If i would of waited, i probably would of upgraded to the rezound. However, i usually don't pay that much for a phone. I'm too cheap. Anyways, I think its going to be like the inc 2 and be a very good phone, but not get a lot of recognition. I'm sure our hacking community will unlock the bootloader fairly quickly and get it working to our true liking. LOL

username235

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad its not any bigger than 4:3. Anything bigger is just ridiculous. How can you call it a phone? If i would of waited, i probably would of upgraded to the rezound. However, i usually don't pay that much for a phone. I'm too cheap. Anyways, I think its going to be like the inc 2 and be a very good phone, but not get a lot of recognition. I'm sure our hacking community will unlock the bootloader fairly quickly and get it working to our true liking. LOL

Honestly, it's already extremely popular, and it hasn't even actually come out yet. It's already got a solid development community, well, if you're on XDA, you can see that. I'm sure after it's released HTCDev will update the site and make it able to get s-off, since they've done that with quite a few phones already

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, it's already extremely popular, and it hasn't even actually come out yet. It's already got a solid development community, well, if you're on XDA, you can see that. I'm sure after it's released HTCDev will update the site and make it able to get s-off, since they've done that with quite a few phones already

The devs have already gotten s-off :D

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?9680-S-Off-Rezound-

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress