official bug thread.

SnitGTS

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a bug but an annoyance, what is up with the wifi on/off widget only being a short-cut to the wifi settings page? My DInc wifi widget would turn wifi on and off, why would HTC take a step back with Sense 3.5?

Also, when I turn wifi off then back on it also checks the "notify me when wifi network is available", which is annoying.

Anyone else annoyed by this?

Amarantia

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... today something bizzarre happened and now I've actually found several reports of the matter (I did Google search, here's one from XDA Mfg Date/Batch for Those with Problems - xda-developers and one at Androidforums Rezound Owner Review - Android Forums )...

My husband checked a text message as per usual from my sister and then then phone shut off and started a boot loop. Nothing I did fixed it... I even went into HBOOT and did a factory wipe-- it was still boot looping. I turned Fastboot off of mine, but I can't recall whether or not I did on his when I activated it.

Mine only boot looped once after doing temp root to restore my data with Titanium, but hasn't done so since. As for his, he didn't want temp root, so it was stock, untouched-- just customized how he likes it with apps etc. He didn't even have Juice Defender on it (as one person mentioned above)...

I'm really starting to get nervous about this because we have until the 30th to return them but there's not really any other devices we're interested in at this point in time-- because this one's so nice, really!!! Except yeah I've had bad battery life, like 5-6 hours... but he had great battery life, like 12 or so hours-- but with the boot loop issue they replaced it with a brand new one... so we'll see...

Honestly before this came out and I knew about the RAZR, this (since the Vigor days!) and the Nexus... I honestly don't know what to do... I take lots of pictures which is why I picked this, and my husband listens to music a lot-- so it seemed to just fit. I am interested in the Nexus, although hubby is a lil iffy about no buttons, just the on screen ones... and really... I compared this and a Razr side by side-- I really didn't like the screen on the Razr, it was yellowish and I could see the fuzziness/dots on it...

Anyone have any advice?? Anyone know of another device model that had boot loop issues that were fixed? I really like the ReZound (aside from how it stores stuff with the sdcard and ext_sd, which is annoying for me to have my app data and other data arranged the way I like it in one place) and it's not like we can return and hold off till later because we already sold our DX and TBolt that we had before...

I've had phones go into boot loops before, like my Motos, I just fixed em by flashing a new sbf... but never had phones just spontaneously do so in a stock condition and be unable to do anything about it... and since there's not much development out for it yet, it wasn't something I wanted to experiment with further...

Anyhoo... any input would be great. It's VERY interesting to find that others are having this issue, too.

:(:'(

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The hardware complaints in those threads are the reason I stopped buying HTC phones. Maybe I just have had bad luck, but I can totally relate to those complaining about dead pixels and the button problems.

Anyway, your particular issue could be more software related. Does Jew phone do this after a factory reset without any 3rd party apps installed? If not, what apps are installed? If you've got a 3rd party task killer app it should be the first thing you remove.

BTW: if he does factory reset do not restore with Titanium. Start fresh.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried playing with the settings. The only way I was able to get back to 4G was pulling the battery. So is there a widget to perform a reset similar to the battery pull?

put it in airplane mode and take it out of airplane mode.

kheenmachine

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had the rezound for 5 days and since today the internal memory has been stuck on read only. I have an exchange active sync account on here and my policy requires that it be encrypted. I am guessing that has something to do with it. I have rebooted and entered the correct password. The external storage works fine but i cant save anything internally. It is kind of annoying. I havent called verizon yet but will do that monday. Has anybody else experienced this?

SnitGTS

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Rezound reboot on me randomly a few times, but thankfully it didn't boot loop. I'm debating whether to return it for the Galaxy Nexus (whenever that comes out, I have till January 9th).

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Not a bug but an annoyance, what is up with the wifi on/off widget only being a short-cut to the wifi settings page? My DInc wifi widget would turn wifi on and off, why would HTC take a step back with Sense 3.5?

Also, when I turn wifi off then back on it also checks the "notify me when wifi network is available", which is annoying.

Anyone else annoyed by this?

A big +1 here

RNCCRN9706

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I noticed last night while trying to take pictures at our Christmas parade that when I'd press the take photo button, the phone screen would go black and I couldn't get back to the home screen unless I removed the battery.

Boltfan1

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My HTC sense clock jumps an hour ahead time. It seems to happen when the phone is searching for a clear signal or wifi. I have checked the settings and everyting seems to be correct. Does anyone have any ideas?

mtech#WN

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My HTC sense clock jumps an hour ahead time. It seems to happen when the phone is searching for a clear signal or wifi. I have checked the settings and everyting seems to be correct. Does anyone have any ideas?

I posted in another thread that my clock jumps ahead an hour when I'm on 4G. Took it the store and so far the 3 people I know here with the Rezound have the same issue. It goes back when I come home on 3G (or 1X). Hopefully it will get a fix soon, whether it's the 4G system or the phone.

You can disable automatic time zones in your clock settings until a fix is pushed. I know it'll at least save me another freakout like when I thought I was late for a dinner date! I just hope I remember to switch it to automatic when I go to another time zone, but I'm not sure it can be trusted even then.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed last night while trying to take pictures at our Christmas parade that when I'd press the take photo button, the phone screen would go black and I couldn't get back to the home screen unless I removed the battery.

Make sure your SD card is inserted securely and consider formatting the SD card (backing up your files first). It's possible you have a corrupted card.

Freebird808

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
put it in airplane mode and take it out of airplane mode.

Okay, tried that twice today. Did not work. Sometime yesterday during a power outage I noticed I was not getting 4G. All day today kept getting 3G. Verified the settings were normal and set to LTE/CDMA. Standing in a clear open sky area, I toggled airplane mode and only 3G comes up. Without moving I reset the battery and then upon boot went straight to 4G.

kunalaj

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought an S3 a few days back and completely new to the android experience. i was using a blackberry earlier.
My problem is the wi-fi keeps turning itself on randomly or maybe some process is triggering it. And that is draining the battery.
I looked up "Uncheck the box labeled: notify me- when launching apps, notify me when WiFi is available..." under the wi-fi settings and could not find it.
Could you please drum it down to the basic for the noob that I am. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463