What's with the piss-poor advertising?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This phone is due to be released tomorrow; and unless your a blogger, you'd never know it is coming. No commercials, no Verizon endorsement, and nothing in the newspaper ads. What gives? It makes me start to wonder if this phone will even be available at Verizon tomorrow. Anybody else concerned or curious as to why this phone gets no public hype?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It WILL be available. I have gone hands on with store stock and verbally verified at various other locations.

I agree, the hush-hush is odd. At this point, I hope they don't increase advertising until I get purchase my two.Resounds tomorrow morning at BB. Lol

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AddversitY

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Completely agreed brother. I called the Verizon store and they said "IF we get it, it won't be available until tomorrow". I also called Best Buy and they had no clue what I was talking about. Seems strange, but they probably don't want to interfere with the RAZR's sales. Hopefully they can post a release date of the Nexus after the release tomorrow so I can get some hands-on time with both of them to compare, but I'm totally leaning towards the Rezound. The Nexus has little to offer compared to the Rezound other than ICS (which will eventually come to Rezound) and an arguably equivalent display. Of course, this is just my opinion.

dkrooks

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
phone is in stores,i bought a razor but will exchange tomm for the rezound..store employee told me they were on the shelf just could not sale to me before the 14th..

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Addversity- I agree with your opinion. All the bells and whistles that are coming with the Nexus are mostly due to ICS. I'll take the bigger motor in the Rezound :) And ICS will be just around the corner. HTC is good about sending out updates. My DINC 2 got Gingerbread quickly.

mtech#WN

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've hounded my 2 VZW stores AND their sales booth at the hockey game Saturday night and they all said not until Monday. I tried to talk them out of one early, but they weren't having any of it!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It's caught in the odd launch schedule Verizon decided on for it and the RAZR. The ads pretty much had to be starting today, to give the RAZR some breathing room. (I have yet to see any RAZR ads either) They'll have plenty of ads soon enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital