Rezound and Android Questions

teshub1965

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am new to this forum and have a question concerning the Beats Audio technology with the Rezound. I did a search but was unable to find a suitable answer, so I apologize if this has been asked previously.

My original intention was set on purchasing the new iPhone 4S, but during the time of waiting for my eligibility to upgrade I was able to research some of the Android phones which switch me more towards purchasing an Android. After extensively reading reviews and videos of the current crop of androids, I felt the new HTC Rezound was the best fit for me. I will stop by the Verizon store to check one out after work today. I tried the Razr over the weekend and it was just to large for me.

Since I never used an Android phone I have several questions I hope someone can answers.

1. How is security with the Android system?

2. How well does Android integrate with the business enterprise, such as document viewing, email integration, etc.?

3. This question is specific to the Rezound. I like to listen to music on my phone, Pandora, Amazon MP3, etc. My music taste is mostly classical, jazz, classic rock, and blues. From what I read, Beats Audio is not really made for my type of music, will it be possible to adjust Beats or not use the software?

Thanks any advice you can provide.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Answer to question 1: Security is awesome. I've owned an Android device for over 2 years and have never had a problem; nor have I heard of anyone having problems. For the people who want added protection, AntiVirus software is available off of the Android market for free.

Answer to question 2: I have 2 gmail accounts and my corporate intranet email all linked to my Android. I can also view pdf and Excel files. I have a package which allows me to view all Microsoft documents.

I'm not sure about your third question. I'm waiting in line to purchase the Rezound as I type this. I can try to find the answer for you and report back later.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Didn't want to open a new thread for a simple question, so here goes. Can somebody check how does one stop Rezound in a middle of ringing or vibrating (incoming call), to send the call into voicemail? With my BB, it's by momentarily pressing the power button. Is that the same with Rezound?

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
3. This question is specific to the Rezound. I like to listen to music on my phone, Pandora, Amazon MP3, etc. My music taste is mostly classical, jazz, classic rock, and blues. From what I read, Beats Audio is not really made for my type of music, will it be possible to adjust Beats or not use the software?

This isn't first hand knowledge since I am picking mine up Friday. From what I have read in order to use the beats audio the music has to be playing through the built in app, and from the SD or phone storage. It wont change the way Pandora sounds.

BiggestHorse

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Rezound. Here's what I've found:

1) I see the SAME features to encrypt device and SDcard that I saw on the vaunted Droid RAZR "with FIPS 140-2" but have NOT turned on all the encryption. I've got S/MIME email encryption loaded and expect to test that within a day or two.

2) I've got 3 Exchange Active Sync accounts, Gmail, and several IMAP accounts all running over encrypted connections on 4G and WiFi - sweet! And THIS puppy set up and synced up faster and easier than Moto Droid (which was, in a word, awesome). Just click to view attachments in PDF and Office 2010. Did I mention I've edited office documents and annotated PDF's on Rezound? Wow!

3) Beats feature turns on and off with a simple touch on that cute icon. Great for pop. Turn off for Marcel Dupre. Simple.

Good thing neither HTC nor VZW spent much to tout this Rezound (can you blame them after the Thunderbolt?). Had they "told the truth" these babies would be seriously "inobtanium" for a long, long while...

And you did not ask about the killer HD screen. Yummy.