Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: HTC Rezound First Impressions/Reviews

Since this is my first smartphone (coming from a Samsung Alias 2 ), I really can't comment on how the Rezound compares to other smartphones. I will say this...I continue to be blown away by everything that this phone does. If there is one attribute of the Rezound that really stands out for me, it is this:

The screen is absolutely stunning.

I am very pleased with the performance and features of the Rezound. I have been able to charge the phone before I go to bed, leave it on all night, wake up to still find a full battery bar, and use it moderately throughout the day and have enough juice left to play with it at home before charging it again. I'm still learning my way around this phone and with the Android way of doing things, but as far as I'm concerned the Rezound is a winner.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ptb127 View Post
    I just saw a video review and it's not swype per se, it's called "trace" and it was active out of the box. Trying tracing on the keyboard to see if it works.
    The only thing it lets you do is that if you hit the wrong key and you keep your finger on it and move to the right letter it changes it.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

You need to put a "check mark" under Trace Settings to make it work. Seems to work better then "Swipe" I had on my old Droid X.
    Thanked by:
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Just picked mine up this evening, first HTC phone I've owned since the OG Incredible. Here are a few of my observations:

-Screen looks fantastic, much better than any other phone I've used to date. I prefer the more natural colors compared to the cartoonish AMOLED displays.

-The speed of this phone blows away my previous Bionic, even when it was debloated and ROM'ed. I honestly haven't encountered any lag with Sense yet.

-Call quality is excellent for an HTC phone, which could have been a deal breaker for me compared to the RAZR, but I found it to be better than the RAZR which is surprises me.

-I'm a little disappointed that the screen isn't Gorilla Glass, so I guess I'll be researching excellent quality screen protectors to use.

-The power button is a little difficult to hit at times, but it doesn't bother me too much.

-The red capacitive buttons are deffinitely unique, and I don't have a whole lot of light leak onto the screen... which ISN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL. (Lol)

-The Beats earbuds are nice, but I think I like my $20 Skullcandy earbuds better overall. Not enough highs come through on the Beats, but they do have more bass than my Skullcandy buds. Also wish it allowed you to further tweak the Beats EQ.

I haven't tested the speakerphone, cameras or wifi yet, so I'll report back once I've gotten to them. So far, definitely worth the money.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Just thought I would chime in here. I watched someone buy a rezound today while I returned my razr. The rezound was nice. Slightly large, but a great combination of sense and a very nice screen. Beats are very high quality too. I would recommend it for sure.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Just OT... but why did you return the RAZR, if you don't mind me asking?
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravozero View Post
    J
    -The red capacitive buttons are deffinitely unique, and I don't have a whole lot of light leak onto the screen... which ISN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL. (Lol).
    The phone on general has the red highlights back that the DInc 1 had. They must have listened to all of us moan about them removing them fron the Dinc2

Personally I think the light leakage thing that so many people are complaining about is OCD people looking for something to complain about. The phone is fast, It has the fastest processor on the fastest network, a great screen, and a superb UI.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

I have had BB's forever and getting ready in a day or so to get the Resound. Ths will be my first Android so I am just hoping that I am making the best choice....there are so many to pick from, but I do want a 4G and the R
    razor is too wide to fit comfortably in my hand. If anyone has any advice for a "Driod" newbie....plz advise away. Thanks
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylledobe View Post
    I have had BB's forever and getting ready in a day or so to get the Resound. Ths will be my first Android so I am just hoping that I am making the best choice....there are so many to pick from, but I do want a 4G and the R
    razor is too wide to fit comfortably in my hand. If anyone has any advice for a "Driod" newbie....plz advise away. Thanks
    http://androidcentral.com/help

Also, the days of several days on a battery charge are gone; charge your battery every night (leaving it on the charger overnight) and if needed during the day. Also consider an extended life battery. Most VZW locations are selling them for 50% off on LTE phones. Even if you don't think you need it now you will thank me later .... These are miniature computers and use a lot more juice than BB's, especially on LTE.

Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    http://androidcentral.com/help

Also, the days of several days on a battery charge are gone; charge your battery every night (leaving it on the charger overnight) and if needed during the day. Also consider an extended life battery. Most VZW locations are selling them for 50% off on LTE phones. Even if you don't think you need it now you will thank me later .... These are miniature computers and use a lot more juice than BB's, especially on LTE.
    Quoted for truth... I remember I could get a good day or two with my BB Storm (gasp), but when I switched to the OG Droid when it came out, it was bye bye multiple days on a single charge, and I'm completely fine with that.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quoted for truth... I remember I could get a good day or two with my BB Storm (gasp), but when I switched to the OG Droid when it came out, it was bye bye multiple days on a single charge, and I'm completely fine with that.
    The older Bold series phones have gotten up to three days of moderate use and even the new one gets a day and a half to two days.

Thumbs up Re: HTC Rezound First Impressions/Reviews

HTC has done their homework on this since the T-Bolt, battery is much improved, 5x's faster than the Bolt IMO, 3G/4G switching is almost instantaneous now, my list goes on & on. VZW should put more Promo into this phone instead of the S****y Moto Line.
    HTC T-Bolt

I still have my BB Storm 2 -- for over two years. and, hopefully, not for much longer -- and the original battery no longer holds the juice for a whole day.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by mrksbrd View Post
    HTC has done their homework on this since the T-Bolt, battery is much improved, 5x's faster than the Bolt IMO, 3G/4G switching is almost instantaneous now, my list goes on & on. VZW should put more Promo into this phone instead of the S****y Moto Line.
    I wish I didn't have to agree with you since I've loved (almost) every Moto Android phone I've owned to date, but with the Bionic and now the RAZR, it's clear that they're really falling behind. I was excited about the RAZR until I felt how wide and tall the damn thing was, and compared the screen to the Rezound, which is no comparison at all. Also found the call quality on the Rezound to be better than the RAZR, and that was shocking to me.

So far, I'm impressed with the overall quality of my Rezound. Once permanent root is established and a stock flash can be used for emergency purposes, I'm going to town on this phone!

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock again for now

coming from the Dinc1, im very impressed with the improvements so far. i look at it as an upgraded version of what i already had due to the similarities.

of course, resolution is great, its much faster overall, and with mirrored settings and usage (minus 4G data of course), the battery life is outlasting my Dinc that had an 1800mah. time will tell if im gonna trade it for the Nexus or not. but id like to think that this is a nice solid phone so far. Beats wasnt a major selling point for me really, but its nice to have and sounds great for earbuds and a mobile platform when i want to use it.

i was worried about the overall size difference due to hot having large hands, but it really isnt that bad at all. not like when i tried the DX. that only lasted 3 days lol.

if i decide to keep it, im just gonna need my root back, and i think ill be good. im just glad Big Red has an extended return policy for the holidays. :-)
    SSgt, AZ ANG

Coming from the OG Droid and the Droid x I am thoroughly impressed with the resound. I, like many others did a side by side with the razr and chose the rezound based on what I use phones for. The razr was impressive but the rezound fit my needs better. And the camera totally blows away the competition!
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Im one of the Galaxy Nexus faithful. And while i don't have too much of a grudge with Verizon, im simply tired of waiting. Thanks to the extended time, im not remorseful in buying the Rezound. But i have a feeling i may not return it.

For starters, i love the feel of the phone, it's thickness feels great in my hand. Not cheap by any means. I love the Rezounds hardware more than the Nexus, but the difference is software.

I realized, i would be rooting the Nexus and running CM9 when released. Just like i would on the Rezound. Which means theres really no difference. I don't mind using sense until CM9 is released. Now my main question is when Jelly Bean comes out and the Nexus gets it. Will HTC put the Rezound on the list to get it? It's just as powerful as the Nexus so i think it can.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

ICS was just released, I wouldn't count on seeing the next OS until mid next year at the earliest. If the Nexus is getting it, then the Rezound sure will since it has the hardware for it.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    Im one of the Galaxy Nexus faithful. And while i don't have too much of a grudge with Verizon, im simply tired of waiting. Thanks to the extended time, im not remorseful in buying the Rezound. But i have a feeling i may not return it.

For starters, i love the feel of the phone, it's thickness feels great in my hand. Not cheap by any means. I love the Rezounds hardware more than the Nexus, but the difference is software.

I realized, i would be rooting the Nexus and running CM9 when released. Just like i would on the Rezound. Which means theres really no difference. I don't mind using sense until CM9 is released. Now my main question is when Jelly Bean comes out and the Nexus gets it. Will HTC put the Rezound on the list to get it? It's just as powerful as the Nexus so i think it can.
    No one knows for sure, not even HTC at this point, for obvious reasons, but I would expect phones like the Rezound, Razor, Bionoc, etc to get JB, probably not right away since they will want to do their more recent devices first, but I think it will, just as I believe Thunderbolt will get ICS eventually. .

I've been patiently waiting for the Nexus, but these reviews may sway me toward the Rezound. This phone sounds amazing, and as an Android noob, I think a skinned phone (Sense, Blur, etc.) may be easier to learn with.

I just booted mine up for the first time this morning after the battery charged up overnight. The first thing I noticed was how sharp and clear the screen is. Almost like my Sony HD tv only smaller! Coming over from a cellphone...Moto i580 about 4 years old...things have really changed from the little 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch screen to this. This thing is FAST ! Being a first time Android user, I found most things easy to find but did have to go to the neat AndriodCentral help n tips for power settings and other directions. Went outside to test the camera and will download this afternoon. Like the Sense 3.5 as this will be the baseline for me to compare others to. I hear Windows 7.5 is nice and I almost went with the HTC Trophy over on Sprint but decided to switch to Verizon and pick up on the 1 cent sale during Thanksgiving at Amazonwireless for the Rezound. Looking forward to seeing how long I can get the standard battery to last using some suggestions given by all at this forum. Overall build quality looks really nice. I have looked and held the Moto Razr which is a beautiful phone but to me, It's a little too thin. The Rezound feels just right in my hands to hold and use one-handed. I'm ambidextrous so with the volume switch on the right side I'll try using my left hand for now. The power/lock button will take some time to get use to as it seems to disappear when you feel for it. Same with the volume button. I picked up a couple of items when I ordered the phone, a mobile charger and the Otterbox case which I'm still waiting on. I also live in a 3G only area and reception is very good like my old i580 use to get. 3-4 bars even in my house which is mostly brick.
    For a first time user, the Rezound is solid, easy to navigate using GB, is not too big, and has a beautiful screen that even a near-senior citizen can appreciate.
    jbou89 likes this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    I've been patiently waiting for the Nexus, but these reviews may sway me toward the Rezound. This phone sounds amazing, and as an Android noob, I think a skinned phone (Sense, Blur, etc.) may be easier to learn with.
    If you are new to Android then I would definitely recommend the Rezound or Razr over the Nexus. As you stated it may end up being easier to use, but it is also important to remember that at least for the first few months there will be many apps that don't work correctly (or at all) with ICS and unless you have the patience to deal with that then I would suggest you get a phone with Gingerbread on it. By the time this and the Razr get the ICS updates most app developers should have had the time to test and update their apps to support ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    If you are new to Android then I would definitely recommend the Rezound or Razr over the Nexus. As you stated it may end up being easier to use, but it is also important to remember that at least for the first few months there will be many apps that don't work correctly (or at all) with ICS and unless you have the patience to deal with that then I would suggest you get a phone with Gingerbread on it. By the time this and the Razr get the ICS updates most app developers should have had the time to test and update their apps to support ICS.
    That's what I figured. I appreciate the advice. I'll probably pick up the Rezound in the next couple days.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    That's what I figured. I appreciate the advice. I'll probably pick up the Rezound in the next couple days.
    No problem... let us know how it goes for ya

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

I wish I didn't have to agree with you since I've loved (almost) every Moto Android phone I've owned to date, but with the Bionic and now the RAZR, it's clear that they're really falling behind. I was excited about the RAZR until I felt how wide and tall the damn thing was, and compared the screen to the Rezound, which is no comparison at all. Also found the call quality on the Rezound to be better than the RAZR, and that was shocking to me.

So far, I'm impressed with the overall quality of my Rezound. Once permanent root is established and a stock flash can be used for emergency purposes, I'm going to town on this phone!
    +1

While the GN (from what we know) and the Razr are impressive, it's hard to ignore how truly great the Rezound is. It's got high end specs, great build and software to compete with other phones for atleast your entire two year contract. As much as I wanted the GN, I believe I'll make the right decision with HTC's newest VZW offering. Plus once permanent root is established, this phone would only get better. $299 is a lot so I want to get my money's worth and then some from old Big Red.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast