Visual Voicemail

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Because of the Nexus nonsense, and the extension of VZW's return policy, I've decided to take the jump and get a Rezound. (I am very, very bored of the iPhone I have right now)

I was going through the checkout process online, but found a curiosity: they remove the visual voicemail feature as being 'incompatible', but there is no option to add it back. Has verizon finally decided to allow android users free visual voicemail? None of the reviews mention it, not that I would expect it since its a rather small point.

Can anyone that has one already clear this up for me?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Because of the Nexus nonsense, and the extension of VZW's return policy, I've decided to take the jump and get a Rezound. (I am very, very bored of the iPhone I have right now)

I was going through the checkout process online, but found a curiosity: they remove the visual voicemail feature as being 'incompatible', but there is no option to add it back. Has verizon finally decided to allow android users free visual voicemail? None of the reviews mention it, not that I would expect it since its a rather small point.

Can anyone that has one already clear this up for me?

Even for free it's not something I'd be interested in. Just sayin....

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
No not free. $1.99 or $2.99. I can't live without it now. I can see who left me a message and I can go directly to messages from people that I have been waiting for without having to go through the entire list.

Worth every penny to me!!!

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Google voice just for the voicemail. The G voice app is pretty good on android. I haven't actually called to check voicemail in over a year.

Google voice works with your current # and you can always turn it off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
VVM is free on the iPhone, I'm guessing to keep it competitive with AT&T when it launched.

It is not free on any other smartphone. Why? No idea.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use Google voice just for the voicemail. The G voice app is pretty good on android. I haven't actually called to check voicemail in over a year.

Google voice works with your current # and you can always turn it off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is the answer you want, even though it doesn't answer your question directly.

Visual voicemail on VZW phones (other than Iphone?) costs extra $. Are you saying that the app/feature isn't available for the phone the Rezound? Maybe there is a compatibility issue. With the Thunderbolt GB upgrade, VZW/HTC had problems with the REGULAR vm (in fact, for those affected, VZW was offering free Visual VM). If it is just the feature on the account, you may want to call VZW and see if they can add it manually.

BUT, it shouldn't matter, anyways.

Instead, download the Google Voice app from the Google Market. You will need to get a Google Voice #; and then manually program your phone to "no-answer call forward" - I think it is *71XXX-XXX-XXXXX (the X's being your new Google Voice #).

Once it is properly set up - the Google Voice App will act as your voicemail; you can view/listen to messages out of the order they are received, similar to Visual VM. You can also view/listen to them on your computer. You can also read the voice transcription. If your callers speak English relatively clearly, this works VERY well.

You can also call to get your VM messages the old fashioned way.

I've never understood why someone would want VZW's Visual Voicemail (and pay for it) when the Google Voice works so well.

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have verizon visual voicemail and google voice on my thunderbolt. I love the e mail transcriptions on google voice. However google voice does not work with my bluetooth speaker phone in my car. Verizon visual voicemail does.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
When I opened voicemail for the first time on my Rezound, it asked if I wanted to subscribe to Visual Voice Mail, so I'm guessing it's compatible.

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that it is Free on Iphone and for Other Smartphones there is a fee, so system removes the iphone voicemail that is currently provisioned and the other doesnt become available until the 4g device is active.

I use Youmail App for free from the Android Market

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I got tired of Google Voice due to it's inability to accurately transcribe anything!

Went to YouMail and I'm much happier.

I did pay for VZ visual vm for about 2 months, and as nice as it was, it wasn't worth the $$!

Try YouMail. Same functionality as GVoice, better UI. Free basic version.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hawnbiz

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I had Visual VM when I was with t-mobile. I am trying to retrieve my vm msg's, is it possible after I switched to another carrier? When I open the app. it just says, This phone is associated with a different acct. Do you want to delete the existing vm's? Yes or No. Of course I don't want to delete them, I want to view them! I have a lot of very important info. that's on there, is there a way to get them downloaded to my e-mail or back onto my current carrier and using the same Visual VM acct.?

I'm also thinking it's possible since behind this box with msg. and yes/no, I can see my vm's... How can I get it to open so I can view or download these? Is there a way to contact Visual VM?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane