- 28 Posts
Verizon Car Dock Review
I wanted to let people know what issues I was having with the car dock to help some people out. I have always used OEM docks with my phones to keep the nav in view while driving to and from work for traffic help. The last dock I owned was the Moto dock for the Droid X. I loved it and never had a complaint. I had the Bionic for 13 days and loved it (the dock not the phone) for the short time before the phone went back to Costco. I bought the Rezound one from Verizon in store. This dock is not from HTC but is the one that Verizon caries branded for the Rezound. My thoughts are:
1. I do not like the fact it has one pivot point. That is located where the phone holder and suction are meet. This limits you in the range of motion. Moto docks have two and you miss two when you only have one.
2. The one pivot point does not lock tight enough. The plastic nut tightens down but there is so much play that when you load the phone you have to readjust the dock because you pushed it down.
2. The top clip snaps way to hard into place to secure the phone. It's like it's spring loaded and snaps into place onto of the phone. While it's not harming the phone's surface it a little much.
3. The dock comes with three inserts to accommodate cases and an extended battery. I have not tried them.
4. The usb plug is a little to good of a fit and takes work getting the phone into the dock. You have to have the right angle to get it in. The issue is the dock doesn't have sides that extend far enough up to "guide" the phone down straight.
5. My biggest gripe.... Any time the phone is in the dock (doesn't matter if the car panel or maps are open) the GPS is active. There is no way to turn it off unless you disable the GPS settings in the main menu. With the GPS always on it takes longer for it to charge in the dock. Not sure if this is an HTC issue or the dock manufacture has the "magnets" , that trigger the dock panel, in a strange location that is tripping out the phone.
- 11-15-2011, 08:50 PM #2
- 11-16-2011, 03:09 PM #4
- 11-22-2011, 07:55 PM #5
- 6 Posts
Re: Verizon Car Dock Review
I have the following issue with the Verizon supplied dock. When plugged in and playing Pandora, Google Music or any other internet streaming service, the system will loose power, about 5-10% in 45 minutes. If taken out of the car dock, using the same application but connecting the charger directly to the phone I get a gain of 5 - 10 % in the same amount of time.
Anyone else notice this.