Has anybody loaded golauncher ex on it?

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering for a couple reasons. 1) Some have complained about a slight lag and feel this may be due to sense. Would be interesting to see if the lag went away wth golauncher and 2) i have a thunderbolt and just jumped on the golauncher train a month ago and am loving the hell out of it. If i upgraded to the rezound, as much as i may like sense sometimes, i'd probably just load golauncher and customize it the way i like

mikehammer82

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had go launcher on my fascinate and totally loved it!...Just upgraded to the Rezound...Toatally lightning fast,yet havnt switched to Go launcher just yet...I probably will do so...I may even trade in my rezound for the Galaxy Nexus if it comes out before I can return my Rezound...I'm still a little leary though of Samsungs storage capacity and RAM...So far though the Rezound kicks butt,just a bit bulkier...not a huge deal though!!!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had go launcher on my fascinate and totally loved it!...Just upgraded to the Rezound...Toatally lightning fast,yet havnt switched to Go launcher just yet...I probably will do so...I may even trade in my rezound for the Galaxy Nexus if it comes out before I can return my Rezound...I'm still a little leary though of Samsungs storage capacity and RAM...So far though the Rezound kicks butt,just a bit bulkier...not a huge deal though!!!

As I mentioned in another thread, I think the "bulk" is better than the thinness of the Razr. Personal preference. Especially since the bulk really isn't bulky.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Completely agree with the thickness, especially since I am coming from an OG Droid, as the thickness is almost exactly the same. One thing I am not fond of with Sense is not being able to mute the phone from the lock screen. I installed a widget to mute, and added it to the launch screen, bur you still have to pull it to the lock, which in turn unlocks the phone. Just unnecessary steps. Anyone have any ideas or alternatives?

Other than that, I love the phone. The display is outstanding, and I find the battery to be more than adequate to last through the work day and then some, while listening to music, surfing, gaming etc, with 4G and the battery set to performance. All the pre-release negatives about the battery size were premature and unsubstantiated without actually experiencing it first-hand. Of course, YMMV

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound is the best phone I have EVER owned. I have used GLEX on my Epic, NS4G, Bionic and now my. Rezound - it's smooth as can be. Even with the new, fancy homescreen xistions, it is Great.... Honestly, any stuttering is a result of GLEX and not the phone capacity, i believe.

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

rtc1036

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Had my Rezound 3 days and just installed go launcher ex on it. I love it. Closest thing I could do to feel like its rooted. Now if I could just uninstall the bloat, I'd be an extremely happy camper.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Had Go Launcher EX on my Rezound for a day & a half. On the Bolt it works great! On the Rezound it seems to be hesitent :( Really sucks the battery too .... I have uninstalled & re installed & did not make a difference :( I love Go Launcher EX, but my Rezound doesn't :( Will update if I find something out. At this time my Bolt on EX is better ..... that's just not right! Along with EX I have Puddle Drops Live wallpaper install on both too. With Sense the puddle makes no difference in speed on either of them.

Cheers :)

chuck41520

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just uninstalled GoLauncher from my Rezound as well. It really lagged the system down and wasn't impressive at all. I had GoLauncher on my OG Droid and it worked just fine. Must be the way it works with dual core processors? As I am unsure of the way this was developed I can't speak to that, but it definitely seems slower than I would have expected. It's funny noone mentions the fact that Rezound owners can make calls on 3G and also surf the internet. HTC should be playing this up much more!!!

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I made a Skype call while using Go Launcher EX & didn't really have any problems & they said the camera from the other end looked better than anything they have seen on Skype without any lag either. I am sure the Dual Core is somrthing new & not all apps are going to play nice in the beginning. This phone may need some updates in the future, but so far not bad for out of the gate performance :)

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Had Go Launcher EX on my Rezound for a day & a half. On the Bolt it works great! On the Rezound it seems to be hesitent :( Really sucks the battery too .... I have uninstalled & re installed & did not make a difference :( I love Go Launcher EX, but my Rezound doesn't :( Will update if I find something out. At this time my Bolt on EX is better ..... that's just not right! Along with EX I have Puddle Drops Live wallpaper install on both too. With Sense the puddle makes no difference in speed on either of them.

So,

Can anyone else verify that GoLauncher , for whatever reason, doesn't work well with the rezound as far as battery drain is concerned? I can deal with the occasional stutter, but ill uninstall if it impacts battery life....

Is there another 3rd party launcher that doesn't effect battery life?

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks