Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 124
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default HTC Rezound: No FM Radio App .... :)

    I called HTC (got a valley girl for support) about no app for FM Radio. Don't ding me because FM is old!! I get out where data is not there & an FM signal means a lot when you concerned about weather .... or you want to listen to a staion that is not online! The Rezound is touted as having an FM radio .... All of my 5 Bolts had FM that just worked .... now there isn't an app that works??? Verizon was no help either ..... no app available. FM Radio was one of my concerns when buying & it's just not there. ...... anybody had any luck getting it working? I tried 3 apps 2 were in a loop after install & the other would not installl

    Cheers & any info would be great!

    Jon
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-30-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white
  2. #2  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default

    Does the Rezound even have a hardware FM tuner radio? Much less an app...

    -Frank

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Yes it does .... it's in the specs .... been talked about for a while. Both HTC & Verizon confirm the FM tuner is in the specs.

    Cheers
  4. #4  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by GtoJon View Post
    Yes it does .... it's in the specs .... been talked about for a while. Both HTC & Verizon confirm the FM tuner is in the specs.

    Cheers
    What is the best way to access this feature? Is there not a tuner included in the phone apps? I am so close to upgrading to this phone, I use FM radio a lot when I am working in the yard or watching videos at the gym. So although it's an old fashioned feature, it is nice to have. If there is someone who has accessed the radio and is able to use it on the rezound, please just let me know your experiences so I can make an informed choice.

    ...and thanks. I really appreciate being able to ask these questions...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by javadandy View Post
    What is the best way to access this feature?
    App apparently not available at this time .... they forgot to make an app for it Anybody finds an app that works please reply to this thread.

    Cheers, Jon
  6. #6  
    jroc's Avatar

    Posts
    863 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Might have to do like Bionic and Droid 2 and 3 owners did..get the FM Radio app from a previous HTC phone.
  7. #7  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    verizon might have requested no fm radio...it has happened before...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    So then, perhaps the FM radio from the Thunderbolt? I searched around and there was supposed to be an app from the market called "FM Radio" that worked on the Tbolt. When I rooted, I kept my FM Radio.

    I hope this is helpful, if not pretty obvious. Sorry about that.
  9. #9  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Try grabbing the app right from a working tbolt. Shouldn't be hard to find it in /system/app.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

    -Walt Disney
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Thanks, Just pulled it from my Bolt & it does the same thing one as of the others did Says Installing for about 3 seconds & then says Not Installed & you can only hit done. I am sure now that the Rezound does not come with an FM Radio A phone that is toughted as a media phone?? There are not very many HTC phones that don't come with the phone & why would they pick this one to drop it with? I would have definitely traded my Beats headphones for the FM option anyday!!

    Cheers
  11. #11  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    If you pull the system/app apk file you just drop it into your system/app on your rezound and reboot, no install necessary.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

    -Walt Disney
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Thunderbolt was easy .... Rezound no longer gives you access to the System folder unlees you Root

    Cheers
  13. #13  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Have you guys tried Tune In Radio. Tremendous app in my opinion. It has a local option that then lists all local radio programs both FM and AM.

    Not sure what could be any better than that. I use it quite a bit for AM shows when on the road. Works great for FM as well.
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    811 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Download Tune In Radio. Works great!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    That is Internet Radio .... the stations I want are not on the internet!! Also FM Radio RDS works like a real radio .... just FM Radio signal .... no data connection required!! Like I have said earlier, I don't think this new premium Rezound has an FM tuner

    Cheers
  16. #16  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    if you go to verizons site and look at the music section of the rezound you do not see a fm tuner if you go to the x2 you see fm tuner under music... Easy as pie to figure out
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    344 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Verizon didn't say anything about FM for the Thunderbolt either! Now VZ website is not working correctly. Everything you select takes you to deal central Finally got to a specs page ..... yesterday Thunderbolt didn't say FM Radio on it .... really.

    Cheers
  18. #18  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    hi. New userr/first post.
    Current Palm Pre+ user considering the Rezound.
    I didn't even see the FM radio spec until you brought it up. Or it didn't register when checking out all the other cool features of tis device.

    have you tried checking for the tuner in /dev
    I don't know what it might be named, maybe you can compare with your TB.

    have you considered contacting HTC?

    I can't think of any reason for VZW to want you to not have it (other than a simple desire to be in control).

    hope this gives you some ideas. Looking forward to making the switch (actually, I'm quite disgruntled with the way HP has handled, oh, EVERYTHING! WebOS had grreat potential but they fuxored it. Android is the only other option for me.)
  19. #19  
    major payne's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by SurfingJerry View Post
    hi. New userr/first post.
    Current Palm Pre+ user considering the Rezound.
    I didn't even see the FM radio spec until you brought it up. Or it didn't register when checking out all the other cool features of tis device.

    have you tried checking for the tuner in /dev
    I don't know what it might be named, maybe you can compare with your TB.

    have you considered contacting HTC?

    I can't think of any reason for VZW to want you to not have it (other than a simple desire to be in control).

    hope this gives you some ideas. Looking forward to making the switch (actually, I'm quite disgruntled with the way HP has handled, oh, EVERYTHING! WebOS had grreat potential but they fuxored it. Android is the only other option for me.)
    For the same reason that Sprint didn't want wifi on the Pixi. Because they can...

    On a more serious note it could be because of the LTE radio. I'm not sure if the European Rezounds are running LTE but if they arent the FM radio might of had to go to allow the LTE radio to be installed due to space constriants
    Last edited by Major Payne; 11-22-2011 at 10:09 AM.
  20. #20  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    XDA Developers is your friend
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  21. #21  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    any luck with this yet?

    I mentioned to someone with a Droid X and he said "oh I have that, but I've never tried it."

    had to use headphones to act as antennae but it worked VERY WELL!

    he said he just uses internet radio but then he wouldn't stop playing with real fm radio.

    hoping someone finds a way to confirm and to get it functioning.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    I'd also really like to get the FM radio to work on my phone!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    What about if someone had rooted sense 3.5 on their Tbolt? Would that not possibly yield a working FM Radio app that could be applied to the Rezound? How could one check on the physical hardware that the FM chip was included, even if it is inaccessible at this time? With good people like team BAMF on the job for rooting, it is a possibility, if the chip is there. I remember when FFC options started on the overseas phones, and the Verizon ones would somehow have them omitted but the chip was still there. Until someone says that the chip is not physically there, which would be really odd on a media Beats phone, I would hope for the best. It's probably the pay radio folks paying Verizon to "lose" the feature so that people have to pay - OR - it may be that Beats audio apps don't work properly with the FM radio and so it was left off so that people wouldn't complain. In any case, I would still take the FM radio even if it sounded... "normal" - ha ha ha.
  24. #24  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by javadandy View Post
    What about if someone had rooted sense 3.5 on their Tbolt? Would that not possibly yield a working FM Radio app that could be applied to the Rezound? How could one check on the physical hardware that the FM chip was included, even if it is inaccessible at this time? With good people like team BAMF on the job for rooting, it is a possibility, if the chip is there. I remember when FFC options started on the overseas phones, and the Verizon ones would somehow have them omitted but the chip was still there. Until someone says that the chip is not physically there, which would be really odd on a media Beats phone, I would hope for the best. It's probably the pay radio folks paying Verizon to "lose" the feature so that people have to pay - OR - it may be that Beats audio apps don't work properly with the FM radio and so it was left off so that people wouldn't complain. In any case, I would still take the FM radio even if it sounded... "normal" - ha ha ha.
    Beats lilkely has nothing to do with it, the built in music app is the only thing that works with Beats but that did not prevent them from allowing Google Music, Slacker, and other apps on the device.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  25. #25  

    Default Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    Beats lilkely has nothing to do with it, the built in music app is the only thing that works with Beats but that did not prevent them from allowing Google Music, Slacker, and other apps on the device.
    I agree, and this makes sense. SO we can probable assume like the other programs, IF there is a physical radio - the radio would not be tied to Beats. So then, if it's just a missing app, what would be interesting if someone has a radio app on a thunderbolt running sense 3.5 and see if that would work in the world of the Rezound. Perhaps the Rhyme has a radio and radio app that could be utilized?

    If the Rezound were torn down on ifixit, like the Nexus recently was... where would one find the FM chip? Would it is a separate entity or be a part of the BT chip stack or something else?

    I am just curious about these things.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions