Swype and the Rezound - if you use it, please take a look

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea I couldn't tolerate it anymore and I had to go back to Swiftkey. This is clearly some sort of conflict with Swype and the Rezound because the stock trace keyboard works flawlessly.

Could it be a conflict with the resolution and Swype's support for it? Are there any other phones out that we can compare to? Anyone in possession of a Galaxy Nexus? :p

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone contacted the Swype developers about this? If so, what's their feedback? I was just seriously considering switching from SwiftKey, which I happen to like very much, but am curious to see if I would take to the Swype method. No sense in installing until the issue is resolved.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

sophware

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Works great for me. Tried a few things, including "Thanksgiving." Wasn't able to get it to fail.

I _have_ debloated the phone. Not sure if that makes a diff.

pkopalek

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone contacted the Swype developers about this? If so, what's their feedback? I was just seriously considering switching from SwiftKey, which I happen to like very much, but am curious to see if I would take to the Swype method. No sense in installing until the issue is resolved.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen a lot of buzz about this in the Swype forums, but it's a really big deal.

I've considered downgrading to the Thunderbolt, just to have swype work.

I bet we'll find out it's the 720p swype. I bet it will be just as horrendous on the galaxy nexus. Since we have one of the only 720p phones around in the country right now, this hasn't been addressed by swype yet.

i emailed them.

no reply.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I also switched over to SlideIt in the $0.10 sale. Been flawless so far so I'm pretty certain it is a Swype issue. I have tried many versions and resolutions but it still isn't just the same as on my EVO.

stevero

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Swype was working well for me but then I re-selected the original keyboard.
Now I can't get the Swype keyboard back. All the settings look okay.
I haven't re-installed or pursued the problem much to date, had been thinking that I'd exchange for a GN.

Anyone else seen this problem of switching keyboards?

feralicious

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Swype was working well for me but then I re-selected the original keyboard.
Now I can't get the Swype keyboard back. All the settings look okay.
I haven't re-installed or pursued the problem much to date, had been thinking that I'd exchange for a GN.

Anyone else seen this problem of switching keyboards?

I had that happen as well. Go to reinstall it and it will simply give you the option to select the swype kb again.

Seems it's not so easy to switch kbs. I lost my SlideIT kb somehow and had to reinstall to get it back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I contacted swype about this. A developer responded that it is most likely an imcompatibility between swype and the rezound screen refresh rate. Because swype does not come on the rezound, they are not supporting it and we will most likely not see a fix unless htc decides to start using swype on the rezound. I have stopped using swype because of this. Its basically useless as I have to move my finger so slowly it defeats the entire purpose of the program.

This is my thread about it:
swype consistently breaks apart my words (thinks i lifted my finger off screen))

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
When I downloaded Swype I linked to the forum and some one was saying they were having probs with something. one of the mods or admin said something to the effect of we don't support your phone it was not intended for your phone, that was the HTC thunderbolt. I do know the do some partnership with HTC and Sprint but not sure with VZW .

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Rezound since the 29th of December. I have had Swype on it from day one and have not had any problems with it. Mine seems to be operating fine.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk

pkopalek

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're a super fast Swyper, it happens all of the time.

Sometimes you can swype a word trying to get it to fail 25 times straight, and never get it to fail.

Then you're trying to swype the word 'New' and you get 'My jew' or something that clearly indicates the problem.

I have to swype MUCH slower on my Rezound than any other phone. It's pathetic, the speed difference that I need to accomodate for. I used to Swype faster than most people can full-keyboard (physical keyboard) type.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Swype on the Rezound is just too small for my taste. It's about 1/2 inch shorter than the stock keyboard, and I've been using UltraKeyboard and ThumbKeyboard which both offer custom height adjustments.

I'd be very interested in Swype if they add some custom options like height, but until then it's just too small for me to comfortably use...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams