Does PdaNet work on the Rezound?

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have PdaNet working on the Rezound? I'm interested in buying this phone today, but would like to know if PdaNet works before I buy the phone.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
PDANet requires you to root your phone. There is a temporary root for the Rezound, but it will be unrooted once the phone is rebooted.
I'd suggest you wait for a permanent root before attempting to run PDAnet, as Verizon could possibly catch on and automatically bill you for tethering as AT&T does.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used it to tether 4G yet, but will try that later.

PdaNet works fine on the Rezound. No trouble so far.

UPDATE:

WiFi: Working
3G: Working
4G: Working

Side note. With 2 bars of 4G in my living room my laptop speed tests at almost exactly double my home DSL connection tethered through PdaNet.

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Rezound and downloaded pdanet, but it only gives me USB tether and Bluetooth options. What about WiFi hotspsot??

dmgraham#WN

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Seem like many of you are ignoring the comment by Dovahkiin, once you are caught by Big Red or Blue, you will be back here crying like a baby on how unfair your are being treated and you all are going to pee your pants and go some where else.:'(

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Seem like many of you are ignoring the comment by Dovahkiin, once you are caught by Big Red or Blue, you will be back here crying like a baby on how unfair your are being treated and you all are going to pee your pants and go some where else.:'(

I am ignoring nothing. I am just seeing what my options are. I rarely used my DInc or iPhone as a hotspot, so even if I do use pdanet to tether, it would be rare enough as to not cause problems. If I think I will need to do some serious tethering I will just reactivate my iphone or DInc temporarily. Thanks for the reminder about peeing my pants though, maybe I'd better grab some of your depends, seems you might have some experience there. Haha, just kidding!

ultimohero

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried tethering from my rezound and got a message with a box telling me I would be charged. This is my 4 th android phone and I have always used pdanet. How did you get it to work.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
After reading this post I downloaded pdanet on my Resound, connected via bluetooth with my macbook. Works great. Pdanet works via bluetooth in conjunction with another app called Foxfi. The only two ways for pdanet to work on the resound is via usb and bluetooth. Wifi for planet is blocked by HTC according to the app description given by the foxfi app. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No need for Internet pass thru... Just download program on computer, add app to phone, plug in USB and open both, tada! Internet. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

ultimohero

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
LOL HAHA Thanks! This has been buggin me for the last few days! I was looking too hard to see the solution. Just leave it on charge and do the USB debugging and it works PERFECT!

SENT FROM MAC ON PDANET THANKS TO veevans01 and zrxoa1 :D

stormfreezeup

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
PDANet requires you to root your phone. There is a temporary root for the Rezound, but it will be unrooted once the phone is rebooted.
I'd suggest you wait for a permanent root before attempting to run PDAnet, as Verizon could possibly catch on and automatically bill you for tethering as AT&T does.
what app is used to apply this temp root?

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought PDANet worked pretty well. But, when I tried to access secure pages it stops. Came to find out to access secure pages you need to pay for the app.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

what app is used to apply this temp root?

FYI: PDAnet doesn't require, need or use root.