Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does PdaNet work on the Rezound?

Anyone have PdaNet working on the Rezound? I'm interested in buying this phone today, but would like to know if PdaNet works before I buy the phone.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Does PdaNet work on the Rezound?

PDANet requires you to root your phone. There is a temporary root for the Rezound, but it will be unrooted once the phone is rebooted.
    I'd suggest you wait for a permanent root before attempting to run PDAnet, as Verizon could possibly catch on and automatically bill you for tethering as AT&T does.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hmm. PdaNet didn't require me to root my OG Droid. It has always worked fine.

PDA Net worked great on my Eris. Isn't it just phone air time to VZW?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Haven't used it to tether 4G yet, but will try that later.

PdaNet works fine on the Rezound. No trouble so far.

UPDATE:

WiFi: Working
    3G: Working
    4G: Working

Side note. With 2 bars of 4G in my living room my laptop speed tests at almost exactly double my home DSL connection tethered through PdaNet.
    Last edited by howser87; 11-21-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Update with results
    Android powered since August 2010 and never looking back
    HTC Incredible - HTC Vigor
    Thanked by 2:

I just got my Rezound and downloaded pdanet, but it only gives me USB tether and Bluetooth options. What about WiFi hotspsot??

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I just got my Rezound and downloaded pdanet, but it only gives me USB tether and Bluetooth options. What about WiFi hotspsot??
    You'll have to root to get WiFi hotspot. Or pay Big Red $30/month, but where's the fun in that?

Gotcha, I rooted my Incredible but don't want to root this one. At least not yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Gotcha, I rooted my Incredible but don't want to root this one. At least not yet.....
    I'm in the same boat. I rooted my OG Droid but I'm not ready to root my Rezound quite yet.

Seem like many of you are ignoring the comment by Dovahkiin, once you are caught by Big Red or Blue, you will be back here crying like a baby on how unfair your are being treated and you all are going to pee your pants and go some where else.

Quote Originally Posted by dmgraham98 View Post
    Seem like many of you are ignoring the comment by Dovahkiin, once you are caught by Big Red or Blue, you will be back here crying like a baby on how unfair your are being treated and you all are going to pee your pants and go some where else.
    I am ignoring nothing. I am just seeing what my options are. I rarely used my DInc or iPhone as a hotspot, so even if I do use pdanet to tether, it would be rare enough as to not cause problems. If I think I will need to do some serious tethering I will just reactivate my iphone or DInc temporarily. Thanks for the reminder about peeing my pants though, maybe I'd better grab some of your depends, seems you might have some experience there. Haha, just kidding!

I tried tethering from my rezound and got a message with a box telling me I would be charged. This is my 4 th android phone and I have always used pdanet. How did you get it to work.

After reading this post I downloaded pdanet on my Resound, connected via bluetooth with my macbook. Works great. Pdanet works via bluetooth in conjunction with another app called Foxfi. The only two ways for pdanet to work on the resound is via usb and bluetooth. Wifi for planet is blocked by HTC according to the app description given by the foxfi app. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by veevans01; 04-22-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: capitalization

Yea I'm trying to use USB hub. When I connect it and choose internet pass thru. It tells me I need to pay. I just want to use USB.

No need for Internet pass thru... Just download program on computer, add app to phone, plug in USB and open both, tada! Internet. :-)

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

LOL HAHA Thanks! This has been buggin me for the last few days! I was looking too hard to see the solution. Just leave it on charge and do the USB debugging and it works PERFECT!

SENT FROM MAC ON PDANET THANKS TO veevans01 and zrxoa1
    veevans01 likes this.

No problem. Glad that you got it working

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    PDANet requires you to root your phone. There is a temporary root for the Rezound, but it will be unrooted once the phone is rebooted.
    I'd suggest you wait for a permanent root before attempting to run PDAnet, as Verizon could possibly catch on and automatically bill you for tethering as AT&T does.
    what app is used to apply this temp root?

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I thought PDANet worked pretty well. But, when I tried to access secure pages it stops. Came to find out to access secure pages you need to pay for the app.
    There is no end for that which is continually beginnded.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdroidman View Post
    what app is used to apply this temp root?
    FYI: PDAnet doesn't require, need or use root.

why not just use foxfi?

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Verizon cannot track data from PDANet easily. There is also an option to strip user info from data call requests, but I see no reason for it. I use 5-8GB/month through USB tether alone

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    why not just use foxfi?
    For some reason Rezound will not allow you to use foxfi even with s-off
    HTC T-Bolt

what about FoxFi working with HTC phones on ICS. New in the description is that it will work with ICS on HTC, but i cant seem to get it to work yet. i am on the first ICS leak for the Rezound. anyone have better luck?

I used FoxFi briefly on my ICS Rezound and it seemed to worked okay. I was using it to connect to my Transformer tablet. I loaded PDANet for Tablets on my Transformer, loaded PDANet and FoxFi on my phone and connect the two. It worked but it was a slow connection.

I was on ICS build 3.14.605.5.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast