Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default When on VZE 4G, clock moves an hour ahead

I live in the mountains on 3G or less, but when I get to town, which just got 4G last week, my clock resets to an hour ahead. What's up with that?

Default Re: When on VZE 4G, clock moves an hour ahead

Do you live near an area that has different time zones??
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Im having the same issue in AZ only it will put me an hour behind. If you go into settings>date&time> and turn off automatic it wont happen. Also if you dont log into vzw apps you can leave it on automatic and it shouldnt switch. I think the problem is casue by the vzsso.apk pulling wrong info form the server.
    I spoke to tech support and naturally they had no idea and tried to replace my brand new device with a referb....
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by michelletech View Post
    I live in the mountains on 3G or less, but when I get to town, which just got 4G last week, my clock resets to an hour ahead. What's up with that?
    If i had to guess your phone is connecting to a tower in the next time zone, even if you yourself have not physically gone there.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

The next time zone is a loooong ways away. When in town tonight on 4G I restarted my phone there and it briefly picked up the correct time, but the next time I looked at it, it was back to being an hour ahead. I guess I'll have to try turning off the automatic time settings.

I have found that there is something defective in HTC's software that screws with the phone's time. I have had all sorts of issues with timestamped messages and other things when havimg an HTC phone.

Quote Originally Posted by area52 View Post
    Im having the same issue in AZ only it will put me an hour behind. If you go into settings>date&time> and turn off automatic it wont happen. Also if you dont log into vzw apps you can leave it on automatic and it shouldnt switch. I think the problem is casue by the vzsso.apk pulling wrong info form the server.
    I spoke to tech support and naturally they had no idea and tried to replace my brand new device with a referb....
    I live in AZ and have this same issue. Doesn't happen all the time though. Just once in a while and I'm on 4G all day.

Same here in AZ also (Phoenix). Not sure if it's because we don't do Daylight savings and a network error. A few times a week on 4G it goes an hour back to pacific time.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

It must have something to do with dst and it is a network thing or else we would have the issue when set to manual time. As far as time stamps being messed up I've been able to fix that with an app called SMS time fix in the market. Can't wait for s-off so these little things can be fixed

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I posted this on another forum.. I live in NJ and was having issue with the time moving to all other mainland US time zones (CT, MT and PT). I also had an issue with the GPS (google maps and weather) thinking I was in Tennessee, Texas, California, Florida and, for 1/2 a day, Korea. All while sitting at my desk... Have any of you noticed the location issue in addition to the time problem?

Happened on two phones and so I returned the 2nd am back to using my Eris which never exhibited any of these issues. I'm on the fence about trying a 3rd Rezound or going with (gulp) an iPhone...

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

What's frustrating when dealing with tech support is they are so quick to replace the phone. Then ur opening yourself up to all kinds of grief with getting other issues on the replacement devices. This is obviously a software issue, not a hardware issue. Its casued by verizon's crap software on the phone. I guarantee if and when we have root and s-off a custom rom without the bloat, a different vzwsso.apk will solve the issue. If you put the phone on manual time, it will log you out of the myverizon app. Don't log back in. As far as I can tell, this issue is exacerbated by logging into vzw apps. It still happens on automatic time, just not as frequently.

The gps locking in weird locations could be two seperate things. I've had the weather thing on sense with my thunderbolt I cant remeber how I fixed it but I know I didnt have the issue runing custom ROMs. Have you tried turning off auto update in the date&time in the settings and also VZW location services under location in the settings? If not, turn off both of those and see if the problem persists.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

My calendar is effed up too. I click on today and it brings up yesterday. I click on the hour I want to add an appointment and it brings up the hour ahead (or was it behind, can't remember now). And I have duplicate entries now (I had this problem with google calendar on my Pre Plus too and had to manually delete each duplicate).

I can adjust until a fix comes around on both the calendar and clock, I love this phone otherwise!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I stopped into my Verizon store yesterday and asked about the clock turning ahead an hour while on 4G. Turns out the service guy's phone does it too, along with my friends that bought hers the same day I did. So far, everyone I know in my area that has the Rezound is having this problem. But that's only 3 of us. Not sure yet if it's the 4G system here or the phone, but hopefully it'll get fixed soon so that I can turn automatic time zone back on!

I turned off VZW Location Services in locations and the clock reset back to the correct time.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I did this (and turned automatic time zone back on) and will test it out when I head to town for the hockey game tonight! Thanks!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Reporting back in: didn't work! I only noticed on the way home from the hockey game that my clock was an hour ahead even with these changes. It held for at least an hour but I don't remember what I did that may have changed it back. Possibly opening the calendar? I dunno.

Back to turning off the automatic time zone.

I put it into the docking station to charge over night and this morning it had moved an hour ahead. I took it off the docking station and played with the weather widget on the clock and it reset itself back. If you touch the clock widget on the home screen while it is showing the incorrect time it will change to world clock screen and show the correct time...This is one bug that needs to be fixed..
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Phoenix AZ here. It must be due to the daylight savings time. Such a irritating issue lol.

No issues here yet, Denver, CO.

I am also in Phoenix and my clock dosent work on auto time either. There is also a bug where you can't make changes to typed text that has happened to me a couple of times. My GPS has worked flawless all over the valley. I hope it gets fixed all my times are inconsistent which sucks. This is my third HTC phone and the first issues I've had. I love sense, can't stand using other phones because I'm so used to it.