SIM Card Contacts

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to delete the SIM card contacts? I can tolerate the bloat on the phone, but the bloat Verizon numbers on my contact list is really starting to get to me. I can't even edit them into not having a phone number and then filtering out contacts with no number.
I'm at wits end. Any help?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to delete the SIM card contacts? I can tolerate the bloat on the phone, but the bloat Verizon numbers on my contact list is really starting to get to me. I can't even edit them into not having a phone number and then filtering out contacts with no number.
I'm at wits end. Any help?

It doesn't look like it no. Going into People and hard pressing a a contact usually gives numerous options including the ability to delete the contact. Doing so with a SIM contact does not bring up this option. Best you can do is link them with another contact.

Makisupa

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you have figured this out yet, but you can hide the SIM contacts from the 'All People' list. Open People app, click on People drop down at the top, uncheck SIM. Hope that helps.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to copy contacts from the SIM to the phone itself?

Normally the first time you put a SIM card in a phone it will ask if you want to import the contacts on the SIM to the phone.

To do this manually open the People app (in your app drawer, not from the dialer) > Menu > Import/Export > Import From SIM Card.

Reactions: Simon_y7

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Normally the first time you put a SIM card in a phone it will ask if you want to import the contacts on the SIM to the phone.

To do this manually open the People app (in your app drawer, not from the dialer) > Menu > Import/Export > Import From SIM Card.

When I tapped on Select All, it checked only VZW-related numbers. :( How would I even know if I've accomplished anything at all?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Going into People and hard pressing a a contact usually gives numerous options including the ability to delete the contact. Doing so with a SIM contact does not bring up this option. Best you can do is link them with another contact.

If what you said above is so, then all my contacts must be on the phone already. Still, is there a way to verify this, i.e., to see if there are any contacts on the SIM?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If what you said above is so, then all my contacts must be on the phone already. Still, is there a way to verify this, i.e., to see if there are any contacts on the SIM?

Select the option to copy the ones on the SIM card to the phone. and if it doesn't copy any more then they are all on the phone. Normally what is how it is unless you have manually copied contacts there before. GSM phones tend to automatically back the contacts to to the SIM but that does not seem to be how it is with LTE phones.

Reactions: Simon_y7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7