Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default 49.99 New/Upgrade Price at Costco Online - DEAD

Title says it all...Here is a link:

The only issue is that there is not an option to keep my unlimited data plan. I am concerned that I will lose it if I select one of the other options. Is this always going to be an issue when trying to upgrade somewhere besides Verizon? I would pull the trigger if I knew I could keep my unlimited data plan.
    Last edited by BigCTM; 11-28-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: 49.99 New/Upgrade Price at Costco Online

Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post

The only issue is that there is not an option to keep my unlimited data plan. I am concerned that I will lose it if I select one of the other options. Is this always going to be an issue when trying to upgrade somewhere besides Verizon? I would pull the trigger if I knew I could keep my unlimited data plan.
    Same here. Does anyone know the answer? If not, whom to call to find out?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I called Verizon and the rep seemed very knowledgeable and said to call them when we got the phone and they would make sure that we kept the unlimited plan. She said to call before activation and they would take care of the activation and keeping the unlimited plan at the same time. I am going to go ahead and get it, especially with the 90 day return policy.

Plus I am just not a Samsung fan. I have owned 3 of their phones and swore I would never own another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    Same here. Does anyone know the answer? If not, whom to call to find out?

I want to take advantage of this deal, but would need to use my husband's upgrade. Do you think I can go ahead and buy the phone and, before activating, have Verizon do the transfer along with preserve unlimited data at the same time?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I called Verizon and the rep seemed very knowledgeable and said to call them when we got the phone and they would make sure that we kept the unlimited plan. She said to call before activation and they would take care of the activation and keeping the unlimited plan at the same time. I am going to go ahead and get it, especially with the 90 day return policy.
    I just called, too, and the rep confirmed the above. I asked her to note my record with her name, for whatever that's worth.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Too good to be true?
    ....IM DOING IT!

I can always change phones with this 90 day return policy!! Perfect, thanks!

FYI - I just called Verizon too. Rep told me the same thing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I was hesitant to spend the 249 from Verizon on the Rezound but it was an easy choice for me at this price. Plus I am not a Samsung fan. Hopefully the Rezound will see ICS soon enough.

Holy cow! Plus no tax and free overnight shipping. In addition to Rezound, added (upgraded) a standard phone for my wife (she resists smartphones) for $30. Total: less than $80.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

^ lucky you. I'M in CA... so I'M taxed.
    But then again. this is a sweet deal! $100 for a brand new phone.

Talking Re: 49.99 New/Upgrade Price at Costco Online

Thanks been waiting to get this phone I just order it Thanks.
    What a deal.....

Do they reset your upgrade date if you end up returning?

Can you take the phone back to Verizon if you have a problem or do you have to take it back to Costco ?

Quote Originally Posted by sbb888 View Post
    Can you take the phone back to Verizon if you have a problem or do you have to take it back to Costco ?
    For warranty work, you can take it to Verizon.

i have a question, what would happend if you not elegible for the early upgrade?
    do you still have to pay full price?

Quote Originally Posted by firedfoxd View Post
    i have a question, what would happend if you not elegible for the early upgrade?
    do you still have to pay full price?
    I don't think Costco allows you to buy it unless you either sign a new 2 year contract, use an upgrade, or add a line with a 2 year contract.

I am burning up mad right now. I'm sitting in Starbucks (because, of course, my in-laws "can't find" their wireless internet connection - don't get me started on THAT, and yes - I tried and I think they might not even have ANY internet set-up), and I go through the whole shopping cart process only for Costco to tell me that the handset is not eligible for an upgrade and that I should call their customer service, which doesn't open for another hour. And it's not even a Costco number - it's a Costco service "partner".

I'm thinking that this is just not meant to be and I'm so tempted to run across the street to Verizon and just fork over my $299. To top it off, my Dinc - which, by the way no longer receives email - just fell on the floor at Starbucks and the screen developed yet ANOTHER crack.

And, to make matters worse, my pants, which fit fine yesterday, are now at least a size too small thanks to all the crap I ate last night.

Sorry - I had to vent! Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited to add - I really am so very thankful for my wonderful life AND the fact that I have the $ and time to sit here spewing venom over a cell phone. I know there are lots of folks out there working hard to make Black Friday happen for all of us - thanks to you all!

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

I just ordered... I called them this morning and they also said that my account has been noted.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

grrr overnight shipping but takes 24 -72 hours to process

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

Actually just bought a thunderbolt, but think Im gonna go with this and send the TB back! Thanks!

Called VZW and she said to take the Rezound into VZW and they will switch me from 4gb back to unlimited. If I dont like it I guess I can just sale it for $400 or so and keep the TB or Pre2

edit: Will we be able to get insurance on this? When I bought my pre2 from ebay (it was brand new) VZW said they wouldn't insure it since I didnt buy it there, is this true with Costco too?

Edit#2, I called VZW, first tech said no, but then transferred me to someone else, she said when you go in to activate it, or call to activate it, there will then be an option to get insurance. YAY!
    Last edited by Bosgarage57; 11-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Hmmm, think VZ is working with the retailers to get people so excited about a great price deal they forget? My unlimited is 44.95 a month, had it since my company was paying for it and using both company and personal email. But can't change it to just personal now or will lose the unlimited data plan. So I have to continue to pay the 44.95. But that's still half of what the 20GB plan is.

With the Rezound I intend to do constant video/music streaming and data downloads to get my moneys worth.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Well, it's a bust for me. After researching for hours last night and today between the Rezound and the Razr, going into the Verizon store to feel both and deciding on the Rezound, then trying to check out and being told my account is not eligible for an upgrade yet, I sat on hold with the Costco phone company for 57 minutes, and I was told they do not honor the "early upgrade" eligibility that Verizon offers. So, I guess I'm back to waiting until Dec 29th, hopefully there'll be another deal then. I am just getting so tired of my Droid Incredible's "low space" warnings that return every few weeks no matter what I do (yes, I've tried everything I could find in every forum).

Update: A Verizon agent gave me the idea of using the upgrade on my wife's line, which is like 2 years past due to upgrade (she resists new tech), so I was able to complete the order online with Costco using her number. Verizon said I can just call them when activating and have it placed on my line instead of hers. I'm a little leery of it but I figure I have at least 14 days to cancel and return it all to normal if something goes wrong. She also assured me I would keep my unlimited data plan.
    Last edited by njperry; 11-25-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: new info

Well, it appears either Costco sold out or they pulled the Rezound from the offering as it no longer shows up on the website as of 1430 PST. I went to my local Costco an hour ago to see if they had any and was told they didn't even carry them in the stores...online only.

So, I will wait for another special to come along. $50 bucks would have been sweet, though.

UPDATE: Never one to give up, I kept poking around on their website and found it listed under another promotion for the $50 upgrade price. For some reason, the link from the Costco email no longer brought up all the discounted phones. Bottom line, it's still there!
    Last edited by sicviresco; 11-25-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Wow, that was an awesome find BigCTM, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, by the time I found out about it and shopped around with my wife making a decision, the item was sold out at Costco. Either my searching skills are not as good as sicviresco or Costco has really pulled the plug now. They are apparently sold out. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a $199 32GB Nexus phone, but a $50 Rezound would have been an absolute steal for my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by sicviresco View Post
    Well, it appears either Costco sold out or they pulled the Rezound from the offering as it no longer shows up on the website as of 1430 PST. I went to my local Costco an hour ago to see if they had any and was told they didn't even carry them in the stores...online only.

So, I will wait for another special to come along. $50 bucks would have been sweet, though.

UPDATE: Never one to give up, I kept poking around on their website and found it listed under another promotion for the $50 upgrade price. For some reason, the link from the Costco email no longer brought up all the discounted phones. Bottom line, it's still there!
    Where is it still available?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast