WiFi = No Weather Update
01-27-2013 12:43 PM
- I found that if I enable my WiFi on the phone, my weather and location widget won't update. If I go into the weather to refresh, it will come back and say "unable to contact the location services to update your current location." This will happen whether or not my wifi is configured. Once I disable wifi, the weather and location instantly shows up.
I verified that the "Google Location Services" is enabled. This happens using both LTE and 3G. I have also don't a Factory Reset and didn't restore any of my settings.
Any ideas?11-25-2011 05:31 PM
- 11-25-2011 05:48 PM
If none of these things make a difference then I am stumped. I am looking through the Rezound manual for other ideas but cannot find anything that may help. I would try enabling wi-fi on my Rezound to research your problem but I am not near a wi-fi hub.11-25-2011 05:57 PM
- Does it say "Connected" in the description area under Mobile Network? I had issues where the box was checked but it took some time for the Rezound to lock in. Also, under Mobile Networks, check and make sure the Enable always-on mobile data box is checked.
If none of these things make a difference then I am stumped. I am looking through the Rezound manual for other ideas but cannot find anything that may help. I would try enabling wi-fi on my Rezound to research your problem but I am not near a wi-fi hub.11-25-2011 05:58 PM
Don't know why this won't work with your Rezound?11-25-2011 06:03 PM
- I turned on my wi-fi and tried to update my weather. At first it asked me to join a wi-fi network, but I selected remind me later. It then proceeded to the weather page and updated the weather (the update time changed to the current time).
Don't know why this won't work with your Rezound?11-25-2011 06:04 PM
- 11-25-2011 08:12 PM
- So I did a "forget" on my wifi and still doesn't work. I did go to the Verizon store and showed the rep (needed a case for my phone anyway). And just like everything else in the world, it didn't do it. The guy told me to enable all GPS on the phone. Sounded like a hidden sales pitch so my battery goes south I get the Extended Battery.
So I continued to play with it and sure enough, when I pulled up at my house, it went south again. Do I live in a the Bermuda triangle of location services? Its not that big of a deal, just an annoyance.
I appreciate the feed back you provided. If I do come across anything I'll post an update.11-26-2011 12:35 AM
- 11-26-2011 10:56 AM
- I thought I encountered the same issue as the OP did... my phone's icon indicator showed that I had a wifi connection, but my weather was missing.
My problem was that I was at a Starbucks and once I launched my browser and accepted Starbuck's T&Cs and Logged In... then my weather updated promptly.11-26-2011 08:13 PM
- It happens to me at work, (weather won't update when wireless connected). Our IT guys block lots of sites and my guess it that (at least for me) the site for updating the weather is being blocked. It works fine over wireless on my home network, or anywhere when I turn the wireless off.11-28-2011 02:27 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Rezound
WiFi = No Weather Update
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD