No LTE on my Rezound. Am I alone??

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a day or two after I bought my Rezound, the data became strictly 3G. I haven't seen the 4G symbol show up in days.

And, last night at dinner, my mom was sitting next to me, and I checked her Thunderbolt. It had 4G. Something is obviously wrong with my device.

Has anyone experienced this problem yet? If so, how did you fix it? I wanted to check here before I contact VZW.

Thanks!

-mcskipp

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your phone?

Is your phone on power saving mode?

If its not those to try to put it in airplane mode and if that doesn't fix it then go to a Verizon store

HTC Rezound

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your phone?

Is your phone on power saving mode?

If its not those to try to put it in airplane mode and if that doesn't fix it then go to a Verizon store

HTC Rezound

I just did all three things you suggested and still no 4G. This is so frustrating. If I go to the vzw store, they will most likely give me a replacement phone, correct? I've spent the last six days downloading apps and setting my phone up just the way I like it.

Also, don't I run the risk of them replacing it with a 'certified used' device? I always had a huge objection to that. When my Droid 2's screen went psychotic and they replaced it, they gave me a used phone as a replacement. If I paid $300 for a glitched phone, I want it replaced with a NEW PHONE. I really don't care if your used phone is "certified"!

-mcskipp

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine did this same thing. 2 things to try before you go in. First, in the settings for mobile networks, there is an option for cdma/LTE, make sure it's set to that and not cdma only. The other place to try, go to your phone dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#*. A menu should pop up. Under phone info there is the same option to change the radio to cdma only, lte/cdma or LTE with voice. Choose lte/cdma. One of those things should fix it.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Also verify your mobile network setting is set to LTE/CDMA.

Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode

You have two choices. LTE/CDMA or CDMA only.

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That was it! Network mode was set to cdma only. I switched it and now have LTE. You guys are awesome! Thanks!

Now I'm just wondering how I got LTE those first couple of days, considering I've never changed the network mode. Weird.

Thanks again!!

-mcskipp

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing this yesterday even though I had it set to LTE/CDMA. I had to reboot it a few times to get it back. Possibly a network issue on my end though..

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Verizon is having LTE issues all over with different devices and it will take some time for the kinks to get worked out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is having LTE issues all over with different devices and it will take some time for the kinks to get worked out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

atleast your getting 4g! all the bionic owners are ish out of luck with there data signal dropping like flies

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You know what's funny? After all that, I switched the network back to 3G. Having played a bit with the LTE, I am content with exclusively using 3G for now. But, I'm glad to know how to switch it. I guess if I start to start streaming movies and such, I'll turn on LTE. The extended battery + 3G = extremely long battery life. That's very important to me. I spend most of my time doing things where having LTE is not crucial anyway.

-mcskipp

benmo34

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Old Reliable

My mom's rezound was only pulling 1x while my galaxy nexus received 4g. I checked all of the aforementioned settings and they were fine. I pulled the battery AND the sim card and it solved the issue.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I just did all three things you suggested and still no 4G. This is so frustrating. If I go to the vzw store, they will most likely give me a replacement phone, correct? I've spent the last six days downloading apps and setting my phone up just the way I like it.

Also, don't I run the risk of them replacing it with a 'certified used' device? I always had a huge objection to that. When my Droid 2's screen went psychotic and they replaced it, they gave me a used phone as a replacement. If I paid $300 for a glitched phone, I want it replaced with a NEW PHONE. I really don't care if your used phone is "certified"!

-mcskipp

If your within your initial 14 day return period you have theright to demand another brand spanking new replacement unit. Outside of that timeframe and you get someone elses former headache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty