No Regrets. Best Phone. Period.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't that be like downgrading your HD TV so that old VHS movies look better?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

In the short term yes. Im going to stick it out for awhile. I can always swap out my sim and put in my thunderbolt if need be. Not really a big deal, it would be nice if the apps worked out of the box though.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
In the short term yes. Im going to stick it out for awhile. I can always swap out my sim and put in my thunderbolt if need be. Not really a big deal, it would be nice if the apps worked out of the box though.

Might as well wait for ICS to hit to get the apps upgraded.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Your credibility goes right out the door when you claim 10 times the reception! Sure, I believe it's better but now way it's even twice as good yet 10 times. Looks like a EVO 3D to me and thicker then a original EVO 4G! Lots of wasted space (large bezels all the way around) and HTC has the WORSE camera lenses, PERIOD! Good luck but any who thinks this phone is even in the same league as the Galaxy Nexus or the SGSII or the Moto RAZR is in la la land!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Your credibility goes right out the door when you claim 10 times the reception! Sure, I believe it's better but now way it's even twice as good yet 10 times. Looks like a EVO 3D to me and thicker then a original EVO 4G! Lots of wasted space (large bezels all the way around) and HTC has the WORSE camera lenses, PERIOD! Good luck but any who thinks this phone is even in the same league as the Galaxy Nexus or the SGSII or the Moto RAZR is in la la land!

I previously owned the Incredible 2. I went from "no bars" at home to full service with the Rezound. Speaking from experience with perhaps slight exaggeration. But I, and many others in this thread feel the Rezound is as good or maybe even better than the Nexus. We'll have to wait until it is released to make an accurate conclusion. Take a few deep breaths.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I like how you capitalized a word you used incorrectly.
But anyway, if you actually pick up the phone and use it, rather than read user comments on an article you saw online, you'd know your entire post was pure garbage.
First off, HTC Rezound camera has little-to-no shutter lag. The pictures taken in high quality look even crisper on the HD screen. Oh what's that? You hadn't heard the Rezound has the highest ppi (pixel density) out of all current phones available in the U.S. including the iPhone?
Yeah, you didn't, because you're posting trash and passing it off as an educated opinion.
Second, I had no choice but to lol when you brought up large bezels. Check out your Nexus and enjoy the thickness of the top and bottom bezels, they're the largest of the current big 3 on Verizon, and the Moto Razr has the largest side bezels as well. Good luck to anyone about to purchase Samsung hardware on a smartphone. Don't let the lessons of the Fascinate and Charge owners drown out in your bias.

necorbin

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Please take my response lightly, as it's meant to be. As someone who has used past and current offerings from I would say the big 3 Android smartphone makers, Motorola, Samsung & HTC, In all honesty, HTC is currently producing the best all-around products.

Motorola has the absolute worst camera, PERIOD, of the current generation devices. I've had a Droid X2, Droid 3, and have used a Bionic briefly, and sorry, never will I buy another Motorola smartphone again. (Maybe after Google buys them, but doesn't look like anything will really change, since Google is just buying them for the patents, and letting them run autonomously.) Also, their screens rotate between decent and craptastic.

Samsung's devices just look and feel CHEAP. That's just my humble opinion, and they have a bad habit of putting out new devices, and leaving the old devices in OS hell. (Fascinate just NOW getting Gingerbread, REALLY?????!!!!)

The ONLY thing the Nexus has going for it in my opinion is the bleeding edge updates, and NFC (which is coming to MicroSD cards). Sorry, but I honestly feel like the new Nexus will be just like another Nexus S. (My buddy who had one said the 'S' stood for s--t) :D

Sorry to tell you this bud, but I think you may be the one in la la land...

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
When did this thread turn from happy happy I love my phone to spewing hate about other phones? Doesn't the statement best <anything> imply a ton of personal preference? I think my mother made the best meatballs...doesn't mean your grandmother didn't make the best meatballs too. There is no quantifiable proof that anything is the best. So why don't we grow up a bit and enjoy what we want to enjoy and leave others to do the same. If you want to argue fact(rather than opinion) all the specs are in black and white all over the web..just don't muck up the board doing so.

/rant

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
1) Why wont some of the apps work with the rezound on the market?

2) When I get the Rezound tonight and activate it will all my apps I have on my TB automatically transfer over or do I need to make note of which ones I have?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

2) When I get the Rezound tonight and activate it will all my apps I have on my TB automatically transfer over or do I need to make note of which ones I have?

1) Which apps?

2) Apps are tied to your gmail/google account login and the device so no they won't come back. If you use something like Titanium you can at least restore your data, just not your apps.

NEmickeyfan

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
1) Which apps?

2) Apps are tied to your gmail/google account login and the device so no they won't come back. If you use something like Titanium you can at least restore your data, just not your apps.

Apps form the market, as far as I know, do not transfer to a new phone. IF you have some purchased apps, they will appear on the Android Market under "my apps"... and they can be re-downloaded to your new phone. Other apps that you had on your old phone will have to be downloaded to your new phone, so hopefully you remember which ones you had that you wish to use again. Apps that you have previously downloaded will show as "installed" on the market..... just simply click and reinstall on your new device.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

It's not so much that the apps doesn't work with the ReZound, it's the screen resolution on the market apps has not caught up with the ReZound just yet. For instance: I have a Go Launcher Locker theme that works flawlessly on my t-bolt. I put the same theme on my ReZound and wording is missing and wallpaper is smaller than the screen, just looks like crap. So the apps work, developers just need to adjust screen resolution with the 720p screen. Hope that helps.

Arken

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
How does this phone fair with games and watching HD videos? I'm trying to decide between the rezound, razr or the nexus

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
How does this phone fair with games and watching HD videos? I'm trying to decide between the rezound, razr or the nexus

I have Robo Tower Defense and it runs perfectly smooth. On my OG Droid, I had to move the screen around to get a better look at the entire field, but the 720p resolution on the Rezound actually lets me see the entire play area without any need to zoom in or out, so it's very cool. The colors aren't washed out and the shapes aren't horribly stretched out also, so I was relieved.

As for the HD video, it's fantastic. I loaded up an, *ahem*, adult video on there to test out the resolution. It's just as crisp as you could imagine. Since the screen is smaller and the pixels are packed pretty dense, you can get an almost perfect crisp and clear image.

In other words, no complaints, only praise.

Arken

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Robo Tower Defense and it runs perfectly smooth. On my OG Droid, I had to move the screen around to get a better look at the entire field, but the 720p resolution on the Rezound actually lets me see the entire play area without any need to zoom in or out, so it's very cool. The colors aren't washed out and the shapes aren't horribly stretched out also, so I was relieved.

As for the HD video, it's fantastic. I loaded up an, *ahem*, adult video on there to test out the resolution. It's just as crisp as you could imagine. Since the screen is smaller and the pixels are packed pretty dense, you can get an almost perfect crisp and clear image.

Great, i'm looking to pick this up tomorrow. I just wanted some insight before I did since i'm a bit of a hardware skeptic. Offtopic: The dragonborn has come. =)

necorbin

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Correct me if I'm wrong here folks:
1 - There are 2 factors of this, screen resolution (and other hardware things) and the developer of the app. The Rezound has an HD resolution, 1280 x 720 (correct me if I'm wrong there), throw into the mix qHD screens (960 x 540), WVGA (480 x 800(854)), and QVGA Screens, and you have developers tring to make content fit on all of those dimensions. If I remember correctly, Google makes it easy for the developer to have their apps auto-scale, but some developers don't do, not sure if it's for lack of skill or will... Other than the screen, sometimes there can be conflicts with other bits of hardware and the apps that will cause them to force close.

2 - For the most part, when you setup your google account on your new phone, it will auto-download some of your apps, if you have it set to backup, altough I've seen this work sporadically... Your paid apps will be listed in the Market under My Apps, for you to re-download at will. Free apps, not so much, you'll most likely have to download those one by one...

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes great, now we can see the pimples on somebody A*S*S* in HD quality, ROFLLLLL:D:D:D:D