Exchanged Rezounds today

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Went to the VZW store where I got my Rezound and exchanged it for a new one. I posted a while back that the original was heating up pretty bad. Well it also had other problems

Several times I'd put it on the charger at night (OEM one) only to find it noqhere near fully charged. Like last night the battery died around 2am and was only at 60% at 830 am, even though I never powered it on after putting it on the charger.

Again, high temps. The phone hit a temp of 120F during that 6hr charge last night when i powered it on this morning.

And the killer: I had no network or 1x all morning long. I did battery pulls, airplane mode, toggled between LTE / CDMA, sim card pulls and all. When I took it to the store, they tried a new sim. No network indicator. Mind you my Xoom is 4g and I gave my girlfriend my Droid Charge, both of which were latched onto 4g like leeches.

The guys at the store were pretty thorough, blowing 1 1/2 hours trying to fix it (tho after they failed within the first 10 min I wouldn't have accepted the phone anyways). VZW tech support did piss me off tho: when they couldn't help the store guys get it going, they were going to mail me an RMA one. I had to explain that seeing I was with the 14 day return period, there wasn't a chance I'd accept a RMA nor wait patiently with an unreliable phone :sly:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, no way should you leave without a working phone if you're still within your Verizon warranty period. Granted, it's only a 14-day window, but that's their warranty, after that it's RMA from their stock of refurbs. You shouldn't be getting dealt a refurb within your return window.

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd say its fine. No strange battery temps, first charge was long but I ran the battery completely dry. With light usage today its at 75% battery after 12 hrs.

The old one would drop 1% just waking it up. I'll see how it acts over the next few days

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SteveDose

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Exchange Policy is extended if the phone is bought after 11/15 for the holidays. You get until 1/15/12 to return any device. I only bought the Rezound for the reason that I will be able to return it for the Gnexus.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Exchange Policy is extended if the phone is bought after 11/15 for the holidays. You get until 1/15/12 to return any device. I only bought the Rezound for the reason that I will be able to return it for the Gnexus.

Was it only for that day? And was that from a Verizon corporate store?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk