Memory Issues with my Rezound

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

So I just upgraded to the Rezound, and when I tried to copy my iTunes library (9.8 GB) to my almost fresh phone I was told that there wasn't enough free space available. I checked the memory settings and found that SD card storage is Unavailable, Phone storage is Unavailable, and Internal storage is 2 GB. Where's my 16GB phone and 16GB SD card? I feel like I'm overlooking something horribly obvious, but this is my first smartphone since the OG Droid so be gentle.

Any help would be nice!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that you actually have 2 SD cards in the Rezound. An internal and an external. The external should have 16GB free out of the box. The internal more like 10GB. You may run into issues storing music on the external SD if your music player doesn't read it properly but heres how to store music there anyway.

Use either /sdcard2/Music or /sdcard/ext_sd/Music to store your music rather than /sdcard/Music

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Good practice not to put any personal info on HTC Storage, use the external sd card. Removable disc.

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
make sure your SD card is mounted to the phone before you plug it into the pc and mount there as a mass storage, also right click on the two drives check for storage free space your SD card should be pretty empty. Id just rename the sd card to External and the other to Internal that way when you plug it in down the line you know which is which.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo