Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Go launcher ex

Anyone else having lag issues with glex? It is the worst when you go from the home screen to the last screen with loop enabled, and the app drawer opening animation. Is this because of the increased resolution?

Default Re: Go launcher ex

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    Anyone else having lag issues with glex? It is the worst when you go from the home screen to the last screen with loop enabled, and the app drawer opening animation. Is this because of the increased resolution?
    Ya there is lag issues, I stopped using until I see some significant updates. I suspect the reason is due to the 720p screen on the phone and the apps haven't updated yet.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    Ya there is lag issues, I stopped using until I see some significant updates. I suspect the reason is due to the 720p screen on the phone and the apps haven't updated yet.
    That's what I figured. Launcher pro didn't lag at all when I was using it.. Perhaps I'll go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post

Have you tried playing around with the transition speed under screen settings? I've set mine to quick and it's helped out quite a bit for scrolling but nothing for opening the drawer. Custom is nice too as it eliminates elastic scrolling.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My last phone was an OG Droid, so I don't have tons of experience with skins, but I'm wondering if any of you know what would happen if I were to root this phone and freeze the "HTC Sense" process. Now, I'm not naive enough to think that suddenly a vanilla Gingerbread UI would come up, so the other part of my question is if you can replace Sense entirely with another launcher like Go Launcher Ex and such.
    I'm ok with sense, but it's a few too many MBs big for my liking.

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    Have you tried playing around with the transition speed under screen settings? I've set mine to quick and it's helped out quite a bit for scrolling but nothing for opening the drawer. Custom is nice too as it eliminates elastic scrolling.
    I went with the custom setting - elastic scrolling 0 & speed 100. Hasn't lagged since. Also I would change wallpaper mode to Vertical screen mode this way your wallpaper is not scrolling. Having the wallpaper scroll is equivalent to having a live wallpaper on sense, lag lag and more lag.
    Thanked by:

Thanks guys. Same as most of you, I love Go Launcher EX...but had the lag. Also didn't care for the elastic effect anymore. Speed100, Elatic 0...smooth and fast! Grazie!

I tried it and it just wasn't for me. I understand many people like it so I was really surprised that I disliked it so much.
    To each his own.

I've found Launcher 7 to be just awesome. Super fast, zero battery drain, everything is right there when you need it. And this way, I get a simple elegant Windows 7 Phone homescreen and Android apps and the android market. I'd have to admit the widget functionality sucks, but I dont use widgets much.