Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help me get more out of this phone.

Loving my new Rezound so far. Upgraded from the original droid. I didn't watch youtube or netflix much on that phone. With the 4g speed and the larger, spectacular screen on this rezound I would like to use this phone more as an entertainment device.

What aps etc... can I use to watch TV, movies etc... I have Netflix already. I have Direct TV, but haven't looked into their mobile offering yet.

What do you use, like, and why?

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

Default Re: Help me get more out of this phone.

I like the NFL App that came on it, I've been watching it. Not really sure what else......sorry.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you have HBO, get yourself on HBO Go. They have plenty available in HD quality for you to take advantage of. Also, you could check out the TV.com app, if you don't mind commercials. Although the quality isn't always HD.
    By getting the Rezound, we're considered early adopters of the HD screen. Nexus owners will be as well. Honestly, we don't have a huge amount of apps dedicated to this new smartphone feature, but as always, we must wait a little longer.
    Motorola thought it would introduce HD slowly, by bringing out qhd. Thankfully, HTC and Samsung decided to leapfrog that crap.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

If you haven't used Vingette -- pay for the app -- it is a good camera effects app that you can save your pictures -- then upload them to a photo-bucket or similar account

Also, pandora is free music streaming app ., IMO -- it is the best

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Well the new android market allows you to rent movies, and buy books and music along with apps. Some of the best multimedia apps I like are camera 360, COL reminder, gamefly, Pandora, and crackle.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

I like HBO Go, NFL App, Direct TV's Sunday Ticket....This phone is amazing

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

If you are subscribed to hulu plus, there's an app for that. As far as streaming music, I really prefer Slacker over Pandora.

if you like music download doubletwist and then you can bring all your music over to the phone.
    enjoy its even free

If you can spring for it, a Slingbox HD will bring your TV to your Rez. On 4G, my HD channels are downright gorgeous on the Rez's HD screen.

I use slingbox, have for years since my windows 6.1 days and I'm a huge fan. I've used DVD catalyst to convert my DVD collection for movies, and I can play all my Amazon collection through the web browser.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

Just downloaded an app called equalizer turned the preset to rock, and can tell a big difference in pandora.