Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Simon_y7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recomended Cases

I'm completely new to smartphones, but I bought my Rezound after a lot of research and I love it so far. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a case for it, but wanted some recommendations from the old timers.

Looks don't matter much to me, and I take pretty good care of electronics. I don't have pets or children, but I do travel quite often.

I'm also wondering, are the peel off screen protectors worth anything?

Default Re: Recomended Cases

I haven't used a screen protector but I do use skins on my phone. I just bought the black gel skin from Verizon.

I picked up an otterbox defender on eBay. Those cases are beasts but the protection is excellent. The defender also has a screen protector built in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    I picked up an otterbox defender on eBay. Those cases are beasts but the protection is excellent. The defender also has a screen protector built in.
    They ARE beasts, especially for those who care about the thickness of the phone. Huge.

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Static cling screen protectors are useless. When I use one, I go to . They are cheap and awesome.

Edit: they don't have them for the rezound yet, but they are still awesome for the devices they carry.
    Last edited by twolastnames; 12-03-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Edit post

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    +1
    Got mine yesterday. Like the way it protects the camera lens more than no case at all. There is a small gap between the surface of the screen and the screen protector but I'm having no problem with swiping or typing.

I got a great case off of amazon.com made by VMG (Van mobile gear) it is a matte black soft silicone case it is great because it covers the buttons and makes it easier to find them by touch and solves htc's flush button issue where they barely stick out of the side of the phone this case makes it easy to press the buttons too. It fits the phone perfectly it has openings for all the mic's and charge port and headphone jack and speaker. It also barely adds to the phones size I love it! it is a great deal at $4.95 on amazon here is the link

Amazon.com: VMG HTC Rezound Soft Silicone Skin Case - Black Premium 1-Pc Soft Silicone Rubber Gel Skin Case Cover for HTC Rezound Verizon Wireless Cell Phone [In VANMOBILEGEAR Retail Packaging]: Everything Else

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

I have this and love it!

Holster + case + kickstand in one!

Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    I have this and love it!

If it's clipped to your belt, can you get the phone out quickly enough to answer a call without "unclipping" the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by D850 View Post
    I got a great case off of amazon.com made by VMG (Van mobile gear) it is a matte black soft silicone case it is great because it covers the buttons and makes it easier to find them by touch and solves htc's flush button issue where they barely stick out of the side of the phone this case makes it easy to press the buttons too. It fits the phone perfectly it has openings for all the mic's and charge port and headphone jack and speaker. It also barely adds to the phones size I love it! it is a great deal at $4.95 on amazon here is the link

Amazon.com: VMG HTC Rezound Soft Silicone Skin Case - Black Premium 1-Pc Soft Silicone Rubber Gel Skin Case Cover for HTC Rezound Verizon Wireless Cell Phone [In VANMOBILEGEAR Retail Packaging]: Everything Else
    Is the case thin enough for the phone to fit into a carrying case?
    acmorris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    If it's clipped to your belt, can you get the phone out quickly enough to answer a call without "unclipping" the holster?
    Yes, the phone slides in and out of the holster while leaving the holster clipped to your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    Is the case thin enough for the phone to fit into a carrying case?
    It think it should fit a carrying case I think this case looks to be around a 1/16inch thick maybe less. Its great in my pocket it is hard to tell i have a case on it.

Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    I have this and love it!

That looks like the one vzw sells instore. I have it but I don't use it because the vzw one is made for the extended battery. I hate it.

Is that one designed for phones with regular batteries?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

otterbox is coming out with the commuter case for this phone it seems from their website. good protection but not as bulky as the defender

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Im just using the gel case from VZW for now until Seidio makes the surface. Seidio now has their Ultimate Screen protector for sale on their site. I have never used them but have always used SGP.

Anyone used the Seidio Ultimate Screen protector yet? I like te fact that the SGP ones fit very well.
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

How is the texture on that case? I have seen it and it look kind of "funky". How does it feel in your hand? And is the kickstand snug or flimsy? Thanks.

I bought the Seidio surface case and works great. I had the same case on my Thunderbolt and it saved my life several times. It also makes the Rezound more sturdy in my hand. Kind of makes it the same size as the TB without the case which I like.

I over-researched this purchase and bought the following Incipio case:

Amazon.com: Incipio HT-225 HTC Rezound SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Dark Gray/Light Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

I couldn't be happier. Strong, stylish and functional. Not bulky like many others out there. Can't go wrong.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Bababenny View Post
    I over-researched this purchase and bought the following Incipio case:

Amazon.com: Incipio HT-225 HTC Rezound SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Dark Gray/Light Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

I couldn't be happier. Strong, stylish and functional. Not bulky like many others out there. Can't go wrong.
    I looked at this one as well, the main problem for me was I really like a belt clip/holster of some kind... the Seidio Active series was the way to go for me, love it!!!

Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3HTRZD-PR ACTIVE Case and Holster Combo for HTC Rezound - Retail Packaging - Amethyst: Cell Phones & Accessories

When I got it from DayDeal.com it was around $30 with the holster, but they don't have the Active series in stock anymore, just the Surface series. Still it is the best case I have had for the Rezound.

BTW, to those of you looking at the Surface series, the case is nice, you can get an optional holster, and it does indeed protects against minor bumps, scratches, and non-corner falls from waist height, but on a waist high drop directly to a corner, say goodbye to your glass. And yes, that is from personal experience!
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Great information. Now I pose the same question as the OP but for the extended battery. Seidio and Otterbox don't seem to make one for the ext batt. A holster is a must for me. Right now I'm using the VZW Rubberized holster/case combo but it just doesn't have the protection I'm looking for. I drop my phone once a week.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by rocco225 View Post
    Great information. Now I pose the same question as the OP but for the extended battery. Seidio and Otterbox don't seem to make one for the ext batt. A holster is a must for me. Right now I'm using the VZW Rubberized holster/case combo but it just doesn't have the protection I'm looking for. I drop my phone once a week.
    Otterbox Defender is the way to go, there are two ways of doing it, either only use the front plastic piece plus the silicon (do not use the back half of the plastic frame) or if you are up for a little Dremel work, you can modify the stock cover to make it all fit by cutting an opening for the battery. There are lots of articles on how to do it, probably some YT videos as well.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Thanked by: