For Those Who Already Have This Phone For Almost A Month Now...

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Pray Tell... Is it much worth to own one- despite the fact Galaxy Nexus is just around the corner...

I had my Rezound ordered and shipped. It will be here this Wednesday.

So, what should I know about this phone? - Any pros and cons? The sounds or audio- for that matter will not be a major concern to me because I am deaf. But that should not be a focus point. The focus point is the phone itself.

Are there any apps that are worth to download for free or to buy? Thanks in advance!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: For Those Who Already Have This Phone For Almost A Month Now.

Pray Tell... Is it much worth to own one- despite the fact Galaxy Nexus is just around the corner...

I had my Rezound ordered and shipped. It will be here this Wednesday.

So, what should I know about this phone? - Any pros and cons? The sounds or audio- for that matter will not be a major concern to me because I am deaf. But that should not be a focus point. The focus point is the phone itself.

Are there any apps that are worth to download for free or to buy? Thanks in advance!

The Galaxy Nexus has been "around the corner" so many times, it might as well be creating boxes.
But to answer your question, this phone is an upgrade in every major way from any phone you look at it. Screen? Magnificent. The images are crisp and clear, colors are very vivid.
The UI is alright in my book, I don't mind Sense. It's very responsive, and I've had no lag whatsoever. Yeah, there's bloat, but CleanTool is your friend.
The bezels in this phone are rather large, but they don't compare to the Razr's side bezels and the Nexus' top and bottom bezels. Those are the largest of their kind. So, like bloatware, we just have to deal with bezels.
Finally, the heft and material of the phone make it feel very solid and sturdy. It's slightly thicker than the rest and might weigh a bit more, but it's not a concern. My OG Droid is both thicker and heavier than the Rezound.
You're gonna like the phone, I'm sure. But worst case, just exchange it during this extended return window.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had it a, as I actually just set up my phone tonight and have been playing with it. As someone who was trying to wait it out for the Nexus, I can say that based on size alone, I am absolutely sure that I made the right choice in going for the Rezound. So far it's just wonderful in every way, but this is definitely as big as I would go in a phone. I can't imagine being comfortable with anything wider like the nexus or the razor. I tend to use my phone one-handed quite often and love that I can still do that with the Rezound. I think I would definitely hate anything bigger, regardless of how "cutting edge " it claims to be.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been enjoying my Rezound. I was going to wait for the Galaxy Nexus but I have decided that this is the phone for me. I went ahead and bought the extended battery for the device because I'm going to keep it for the long haul. Audio is awesome. I really am enjoying Sense. Someone made mention of the bloatware, it doesn't bother me because I use half of it. I love NFL mobile, I use the visual voicemail, kindle, and I already had movies on Blockbuster so I use that app too. The phone is super fast and the screen is very sharp. I have no complaints.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Rezound since Black Friday. I eventually got tired of waiting for the Galaxy Nexus, so I played with the Rezound at Best Buy. Ended up picking it up maybe a week later.

I can honestly say, for what I want in a phone, I cannot find a single thing to complain about! And believe me, I'm not one of those people who take fake pride in everything they own and refuse to be honest. I will gripe about a product if needed. Anyway, so far, this is my dream phone. In fact, I'm still trying to find a feature I want that the Rezound doesn't have. Okay, just thought of one: Hulu Plus isn't available for it yet.

After hearing horror stories about 4G battery life, I bought a 2750mah extended battery without even testing the stock one. And my god, this thing just goes on and on! Yes, it is heavier and bulkier than most phones now, but I personally could not care less.

The Beats Audio speakers with the free ($100) ear buds are really fantastic too. I have Spotify Premium ($10/month) on this phone. *BTW, check out Spotify. Unlimited access to almost song you can think of. So now I have access to any song I want, with an unlimited data plan, an extended battery, and a killer phone with a sweet sound system. I am one happy camper.

Plus, I picked up the Rezound car mount, which even fits my phone with the extended battery and rubber skin. I hooked my phone to the car stereo system via aux cord. GPS and music on one great device.

So, in conclusion: Rezound has stolen my heart. Finally found the phone I was looking for after all this time :)

-mcskipp

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

The Beats Audio speakers with the free ($100) ear buds are really fantastic too. I have Spotify Premium ($10/month) on this phone. *BTW, check out Spotify. Unlimited access to almost song you can think of. So now I have access to any song I want, with an unlimited data plan, an extended battery, and a killer phone with a sweet sound system. I am one happy camper.

-mcskipp

Mcskipp, I'm debating between the Nexus and the Rezound, and one of the factors is that I do listen to lots of streaming music services, including Spotify Premium like you. The Beats Audio is a big plus for the Rezound because of that, but I read that it only fully kicks in if using the provided music app.

I've also read they released a dev kit so other apps can take full advantage of it, but I was wondering in the meantime how much the better audio helps (or not) when listening to services like Spotify. Could you say a bit more about how much of a difference this phone gives when listening to something like Spotify? Is it a little bit better, a lot better?

Thanks!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Mcskipp, I'm debating between the Nexus and the Rezound, and one of the factors is that I do listen to lots of streaming music services, including Spotify Premium like you. The Beats Audio is a big plus for the Rezound because of that, but I read that it only fully kicks in if using the provided music app.

I've also read they released a dev kit so other apps can take full advantage of it, but I was wondering in the meantime how much the better audio helps (or not) when listening to services like Spotify. Could you say a bit more about how much of a difference this phone gives when listening to something like Spotify? Is it a little bit better, a lot better?

Thanks!

I use Slacker Radio and also use the stock music app. The difference is pretty big, but let me explain.
When you use streaming or other apps, the quality is what you could describe as "normal." Like your run of the mill mp3 player-type quality. The beats buds in this case, provide a slightly better amount of audio quality. It sounds better in my beats buds then it does on my Phillips headphones or Sony earbuds, for sure.
Now with the stock app and beats software kicking in, it sounds fantastic. The base is increased significantly, as well as the clarity. It's not simply a volume boost, but an overall increase in sound quality.

I'm disappointed in how so many people dismiss the beats functionality on the Rezound, it's one of the better features. I'm already planning on who gets my old audio related hand-me-downs.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Dovahkiin, so it sounds like you find a big difference when beats audio kicks in, but just a minor improvement for streaming music? My dilemma is 99% of the time I listen to streaming music. It sounds like I'd be in good shape if one or more of Spotify/Rhapsody/Mog take the time to use the beats audio api, but what if they don't? Is the sound difference still enough that I should factor it in?

I suppose I'll just have to go to a store and try it out to see. (Or hear, as the case may be...) :) Thanks for the reply!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I didn't mean to make it seem as though the quality goes from "bad-to-awesome." It's more like a transition from "great-to-awesome."
If audio quality on streaming is the only deciding factor for you, then I don't think it's big enough to sway one way or the other on a $300 purchase. But again, devs will work on proper beats integration, not to mention that HTC knows about this complaint as well, so you never know what could happen.

However, the beats earbuds are included with this phone, and they're still more comfortable than 99% of other buds out there, and the quality is better as well.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the comments. I have been holding out for the GN. However my two biggest concerns are battery life and radio power. I do a lot of camping and I need a phone that can best grab onto a signal while giving me as close to a full day's battery life as possible.

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Beats Audio works with other players. But, honestly, I haven't really used the HTC player much. I'm always on Spotify and it still sounds great.

The Beats earbuds are the best earbuds I've ever used. They come with a bunch of different sized rubber covers that pop on each bud. You need to find the right size that fits your ear, then you're golden. For a week or so, I had the rubber covers on that came on the buds. They didn't fit quite right in my ears and they kept sliding out. Then I realized there were different sized covers in the bag. I popped on some smaller ones and they now fit in my ear like a puzzle piece. It's wonderful.

I think the Rezound could turn out to be the VZW sleeper hit of the year. We will have to wait and see after the Nex comes out. But, it seems like we keep hearing more disappointing news every day about the Nex?

-mcskipp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

I am sure of the fact that Galaxy Nexus is going to be the next BIG THING. It could probably make on Smartphones' Most Wanted List for this Holiday Season beside HTC Rezound... If I am not mistaken.

It is quite exciting to see how Galaxy Nexus turns out. Although, do anyone know when this (Nexus) will be out? I am aware of the fact that stores are starting to receive them for past two days now...

By the way, speaking of 'smartphones' - Specifically Rezound... What kinds of Apps should I buy off, download for free and look into? The best Apps? Thanx.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

The Rezound has been much better than I anticipated. I've always been partial to HTC devices and I kinda of lowered my expectations have the EVO (which I liked) and TB (which I hated). But it really has surpassed my expectations. Battery life is much better than expected with LTE on all day and phone is nice and sturdy. It's not the thinnest phone but IMO the size is just right. Not to mention I got it from Amazon for a penny. If I wanted to get the Nexus, I'd have to chuck the money for it. I highly doubt the Nexus (or any other phone) is $300 bucks better than the Rezound.

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Uh. I am quite anxious AND excited AT THE SAME TIME for one reason: I MIGHT RECEIVE the package from UPS or FedEX today... HOPEFULLY SO!

Um, does Verizon ALWAYS SHIP VIA two-business days? Which Verizon always ship with? UPS or FedEX?

By the way, as I mentioned earlier in this thread that I am deaf and I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE SOUND QUALITY OR AUDIO QUALITY for that matter. Any pros and cons on this phone?

And also, any good or best Apps that I should download that are available for free? How about good or best Apps for paid service? Or to pay for? Are there anything else you'd like to add that I should know or be aware of...? Thanx very much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes