Duplicate SMS/MMS Messages

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing duplicate SMS/MMS messages from various friends and families. It varies from different carriers. This happens on both 3G and 4G.

Any ideas? I talked to Verizon rep and she told me to contact Verizon so they can take a look at the switch.

PhoebeAnn

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem, both with SMS and conventional e-mail. I have server logs from the e-mail side showing "bad acknowledgement" deferrals by relay.verizon.net, that apparently actually did receive and forward the message anyway; followed eventually by a "normal" message acceptance.

I tried calling VZ "technical" "support" but couldn't find anyone who knew what I was talking about or cared, for that matter. Have you had any better luck?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing duplicate SMS/MMS messages from various friends and families. It varies from different carriers. This happens on both 3G and 4G.

Any ideas? I talked to Verizon rep and she told me to contact Verizon so they can take a look at the switch.

I have had this happen in the past. I don't really know what the answer it, but I will delete every thread I have and then restart my phone. It seems to help.