Anyone returning Rezound For Nexus?

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been waiting for the Nexus for quite a while. I was one of the suckers who jumped on the Bionic at launch... and sold it on Ebay while it was still worth something.

Then, while still waiting for the Nexus, I decided to try out an iphone 4s (purchased on Nov 16th)- that experiment got old by the 2nd day.

Next I upgraded another line to the Rezound. I absolutely love this device. Even with stock everything it is fast. The camera is unbelievable. The display still wows me every day.

Finally, I will exchange the iphone 4s for the Nexus on Friday. I will have a Nexus and Rezound to compare... at this point I'm leaning towards the Rezound being the superior device. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

I'm sure the Nexus will be great, but I think it will leave me looking forward to the next best thing. The Rezound, on the other hand, I could be happy with for a long time. The only reason why I'm even getting the Nexus is because I've waited so long for it.

Who knows... maybe the Nexus will blow the Rezound out of the water... but I doubt it.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Who knows... maybe the Nexus will blow the Rezound out of the water... but I doubt it.
I think you're gonna see more Razrs out there in the wild then you'll see Rezounds or Nexii. In fact, I'd bet on those odds.
From a user experience standpoint, who knows. I want to see a hardware review of the Nexus. Samsung makes great TVs, but their phones suck for the most part. But their old school clamshell ones served me pretty well in my high school years.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
oh one more thing that sealed the deal for me with rezound, the rear speaker kicks serious ass. i like to hear my notifications and rings and i like a good speakerphone.

today i came home streaming NPR on TUNEINRADIOPRO and my gf and i listened to it both comfortably sitting about 5 feet apart.

later i watched a top chef clip on the phone and it was loud as heck on the speaker only. it is a big plus to me.

BigBadViper

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Where are you guys buying these at for .01 or $49. I just looked online at costco and it was $289. i am looking to pick up the Rezound on Monday or Tuesday. thanks

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
oh one more thing that sealed the deal for me with rezound, the rear speaker kicks serious ass. i like to hear my notifications and rings and i like a good speakerphone.

today i came home streaming NPR on TUNEINRADIOPRO and my gf and i listened to it both comfortably sitting about 5 feet apart.

later i watched a top chef clip on the phone and it was loud as heck on the speaker only. it is a big plus to me.

Wrong approach, try some Barry White on that speaker. You might not be sitting 5ft. apart from the GF, for very long. lol

tonybolt27

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a DROID Bionic, it's really nothing I was expecting. It didn't live up to the hype, I don't like it. I'm getting a Rezound. After waiting for what seemed to be forever for the GNEX. I was disappointed. The hardware really ruined it for me, and ICS looked amazing! Quite a handful of bugs, which don't get me wrong can be fixed with a update or too. I have read/watched 10+ reviews on Rezound vs GNEX. I do have my own picky opinions might you note. The rezound reminds me of the HTC sensation 4G on steroids IMO. I'm a big time Root and Rom guy, I'm hoping for some badass dev on rezound. This is my first post, sorry for the unorganized inconvenience post. Any suggestions would be great, but i'm 99% set on the rezound :)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a DROID Bionic, it's really nothing I was expecting. It didn't live up to the hype, I don't like it. I'm getting a Rezound. After waiting for what seemed to be forever for the GNEX. I was disappointed. The hardware really ruined it for me, and ICS looked amazing! Quite a handful of bugs, which don't get me wrong can be fixed with a update or too. I have read/watched 10+ reviews on Rezound vs GNEX. I do have my own picky opinions might you note. The rezound reminds me of the HTC sensation 4G on steroids IMO. I'm a big time Root and Rom guy, I'm hoping for some badass dev on rezound. This is my first post, sorry for the unorganized inconvenience post. Any suggestions would be great, but i'm 99% set on the rezound :)

Welcome to AC. Your first post is well written and on topic. No need to apologize, there was nothing unorganized about it. I hope you got a few bucks outta the Bionic, rather than pay full retail on the Rezound. I was in a similiar boat as well. I was extremely anxous about the GN after Sammy confirmed it was coming to Big Red. I rented the Rezound to pass time, never thought I'd wanna keep it. I was gonna return it in Jan. but I don't have any plans to ditch the Rezound. I'm convinced I'd really regret it. Even with the stock battery, as bloated as it is, weighed down by Sense, it's a snappy performer. Software hiccups seem non existent compared to so many of it's neighbors. When devs. wake up Big Reds sleeping giant, it's gonna be a monster. I'm sure you'll be pleased as punch when you take one home.

load97

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I think you're gonna see more Razrs out there in the wild then you'll see Rezounds or Nexii. In fact, I'd bet on those odds.
From a user experience standpoint, who knows. I want to see a hardware review of the Nexus. Samsung makes great TVs, but their phones suck for the most part. But their old school clamshell ones served me pretty well in my high school years.

I've thought the same thing. Use to like there flip phones back in the day, now not so much.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Might be the other way around for me. I have had the Galaxy Nexus for 5 days now and I'm thinking of returning it for a Rezound. I'm having signal issues with the Nexus, otherwise the phone is awesome. So, if you have any compelling reasons I shouldn't get a Rezound, speak now! Thanks!

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I spent about an hour with the Nexus over the weekend and was bored with it. Many apps still aren't compatible (I know they'll be updated soon). The Rezound wins in display quality, camera, reception, snappiness, feel, pretty much everything. The only thing the Rezound won't have is Google Wallet. My brother in law is returning his Nexus this week and going back to his Droid X until something else comes out. He liked the Rezound but isn't an HTC guy.

morbidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Erm...I have some bad news for you. The extended return window began on Novemeber 15th. If you purchased your phone on the 14th, I believe you're S.O.L.
Unless you can finesse your way through a customer service call, I suppose.
Oh, as soon as I found out about the promotion they started on 11/15, I went back to VZ store and had them update my account to qualify for the extended return period.
On 12/15 I got my Nexus w/o any issues or paying a restocking fee (since 4G sync issue still remained)

Reactions: Tywone

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Might be the other way around for me. I have had the Galaxy Nexus for 5 days now and I'm thinking of returning it for a Rezound. I'm having signal issues with the Nexus, otherwise the phone is awesome. So, if you have any compelling reasons I shouldn't get a Rezound, speak now! Thanks!
You will not be sorry with a Rezound.

Reactions: evetskirk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

If you really love the GN, sit tight. They acknowledged it earlier today. So they are aware of the low signal issue. They are working on an update, as a priority. Personally, I found the Rezound to be a better phone overall, but that's just my $.02.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a Gnex on launch day figuring I would never look back. That said, I am sitting here viewing this forum on my now wifi only thunderbolt.

The nexus has some nice features, however there are some real drawbacks as well. I for one can't get used to the grey tint instead of a white screen. Compared to my thunderbolt, everything on the nexus screen is smaller.

I honestly don't feel any performance advantage most applications as compared to my rooted, debloated, sense running thunderbolt. I like the new folders, the ability to disabled apps, the Dock bar and resizable widgets. Not so keen on the fixed search bar and stock dialer.

Extra screen size is totally negated by the on screen buttons. I am pretty used to the on screen buttons with my Xoom, however, I really don't see much if any advantage over the capacitive button approach.

Biggest drawback for me is the screen. Maybe I'm just an lcd screen kind of user, and not into the super amoled experience. Dimmer and smaller aren't a great combination for 50 year old eyes.

Going to take a hard look at Rezound. I wish there was a permanent root method out as this would make the switch painless. At this point I don't see myself keeping the nexus.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt