Anyone returning Rezound For Nexus?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Both. The best of both worlds. I have been using my Nexus exclusively so far. I put the ReZound on the back burner until its updated with ICS. Just tired of sense right now.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Nobody knows. That custom ROM is just 3.5 with some lame changes. (but nothing worthwhile) What HTC will do will probably be more compelling, but I would prefer to know before I decide whether to return the nexus to get it instead.

I'm praying for an unlock before HTC unveils thr fruitsbof their labor on ICS, personally. I agree w/ you, I'm sure Htc will have a nice product for the stock crowd by the time they push it out their doors. Unfortunately, I doubt HTC will leak anything substantial on their oem'd ICS till the exchange period passes in mid Jan. at Big Red, though.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I actually just returned the GN and bought the Rezound and honestly so far I'm really liking the Rezound a lot better. Only been a couple hours though so time will tell. Both phones are great phones though.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
From most of the forums the GN has issues and build quality is low. I looked at one and was not impressed at all. With the Rezound it just plain works!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I want to exchange, but Verizon is being little jerks about the restocking. I asked them why I should have to pay for restocking if the device is defective, and all the only answer they gave was, 'because you're switching devices'. If I end up switching, I will NOT be paying a restocking fee. There's no reason I should have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to exchange, but Verizon is being little jerks about the restocking. I asked them why I should have to pay for restocking if the device is defective, and all the only answer they gave was, 'because you're switching devices'. If I end up switching, I will NOT be paying a restocking fee. There's no reason I should have to.

call *611 and explain that the reason you're switching is because you're dropping calls in place you don't with your old device, and that the reason you pay the premium for vzw is because of the network. they'll take care of you.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
call *611 and explain that the reason you're switching is because you're dropping calls in place you don't with your old device, and that the reason you pay the premium for vzw is because of the network. they'll take care of you.

I've been trying with the vzw support twitter account, but they're giving me canned responses. I might have to try calling in.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been contemplating returning my rezound for the Nexus for a few days. Don't get me wrong, I have zero issues with the rezound, I'm just getting impatient with s-off and if I'm going to have this device for 2 years, I want it to be supported and not replaced by the manufacturers months later.

At least with the Nexus, I know it'll be supported for much longer than the rezound will, and it'll be guaranteed future os updates. That in itself is worth my 300 dollars. I know the fine developers in all the forums will fix the issues with the device over time, if not sooner than later. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Johnly

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site
bigcatman,

Be careful as you may have problems switching back without paying retail as I think you can only do it once. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this understanding.

I am very pleased with the Rezound and my biggest concern is will the ICS update be a pleasant experience or not as this phone does everything I need it to do. My wife is really jealous of the camera quality on this phone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
bigcatman,

Be careful as you may have problems switching back without paying retail as I think you can only do it once. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this understanding.

I am very pleased with the Rezound and my biggest concern is will the ICS update be a pleasant experience or not as this phone does everything I need it to do. My wife is really jealous of the camera quality on this phone.

I don't think he's ever owned a nexus.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It's been confirmed that the GN has not been locked down like the Rezound. Verizon, unfortunately is ignoring the law set in place when they won the spectrum and that is to keep bootloaders unlocked for using the C block. I wish someone would not only call them out on it but challenge them in court.

I read a thread on this a while back. I think on xda. Please pm the link to me if you have it.

Sent from my temporary rooted Rezound

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It's been confirmed that the GN has not been locked down like the Rezound. Verizon, unfortunately is ignoring the law set in place when they won the spectrum and that is to keep bootloaders unlocked for using the C block. I wish someone would not only call them out on it but challenge them in court.

Like to point out that this stories source was an attorney, more blowhard than helpful. It's been said, the story looked far worse than it appeared. FFC took a look at the situation already. Had they found Verizon had breached the spectrum guidelines, you'd have heard it by now. Also, aside from this story, this guy has yet to do a followup or filed any legal briefs on the matter. Seems like his interpretation of the guidelines is closer to trolling, than aiding.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Like to point out that this stories source was an attorney, more blowhard than helpful. It's been said, the story looked far worse than it appeared. FFC took a look at the situation already. Had they found Verizon had breached the spectrum guidelines, you'd have heard it by now. Also, aside from this story, this guy has yet to do a followup or filed any legal briefs on the matter. Seems like his interpretation of the guidelines is closer to trolling, than aiding.

And that's ignoring the basic fact that wallet is only available on sprint devices at the moment, so you can't argue that Verizon is blocking users from downloading something to their devices. If, and when, wallet becomes available on other devices, then a legitimate discussion can be had about it.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
bigcatman,

You are correct in that, its only once. Hopefully Bigcatman will be happy if he decides to switch to the Nexus.

The Rezound overall is a good phone. Nexus is also nice but its not for me (I stayed in a VzW store for over an hour trying to decide between Rezound and Nexus) plus w/ all the bugs/problems I been hearing about, makes me glad I made a good choice. No problems whatsoever from day 1 and as for the ICS update, I'm patient.

eris72

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Id say the key to deciding between these two phones will be how into rooting and flashing you are. With no s-off and nothing but hope that it will come, you know what you're gonna get with the rezound, for now and the foreseeable future. unlocking the nexus bootloader and rooting it took a handful of adb commands and all of 10 minutes; it was ridiculously easy. theres a bunch of roms and custom kernels already and with the new leaked radio and some UVing, i have yet to miss a call and the battery is much improved. being a former tbolt owner i would NOT want to be stuck waiting for HTC and verizon to bring me ics; you could end up waiting until July based on their track record. obviously i'm biased, and ICS is such a dramatic change that I could honestly never go back to gingerbread. the leaked ics sense looks almost exactly like gingerbread, which is disappointing.

that being said, most devs for the nexus operate under the assumption that you're competent with adb. if you've never used it or aren't comfortable using it, you may be a bit lost at times.

i just know that personally, the rezound wouldve driven me insane. every time i saw lets golf 2 in my app drawer a little part of me would die

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
i just know that personally, the rezound wouldve driven me insane. every time i saw lets golf 2 in my app drawer a little part of me would die

Dramatic much? If you take a few moments to look at the Rezound forum and the Galaxy Nexus forum objectively, you will notice a few things. The Rezound forum is full of people that were "renting" the Rezound with plans to return it for the Galaxy Nexus, but they fell in love with the Rezound. When they checked out the GN it felt like a let down, and with few exceptions Rezound owners didn't feel like downgrading to a GN. If you look at the Galaxy Nexus forums, it is a laundry list of problems and people having second thoughts. From the Nexus's poor radio quality, and mediocre at best camera, to bugs and poor battery life, it seems only the most die hard nexus fans are happy with their device. These are the people who don't mind crappy build quality, the ones who don't care about poor battery life and make excuses that they are always somewhere they can plug in. The ones who say 32 GB is enough storage and they don't mind that its all on one non removable partition. The people who have never even touched a Rezound yet are certain that Sense must make it lag in some way. The people who think that ICS is the end all be all and that any other device that gets it in the coming months will somehow make it crappy. The ones that think if they saw an app in an app drawer that they didn't personally install a part of them would actually die. lol

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

well perhaps you should read a little bit.

a lot easier than adb is cleantool which lets you freeze all the bloat on the rezound, including lets golf 2. and in fact lets golf 3 & 4 & 5.

while little bits of you kept dying, the rest of us would be having app drawers without lets golf 2, or blockbuster, or vcast, or etc or etc or etc...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey