Boot loop

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Phone just went into a boot loop. Had to do a hard reset from the recovery screen. Unfortunate

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

qschilling

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me before. somehow the phone shifted to WCDMA only and once the phone had enough time in bootup to start doing things with the wireless radio it would reboot. I corrected it without having to do a hard reset though. here's how if it ever happens to anyone else or to you again,.

1. take the battery cover off but leave the battery in, should buy you some time to perform the steps before it reboots.
2. Click on phone.
3. dial *#*#4636#*#*
4. Click on phone information.
5. Scroll down and there should be a drop down box that most likely will be set to WCDMA prefered, now change that to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto.
6. press back arrow a couple of times till your out and you should be able to safely put the battery cover on now.

To me it hasn't happened since then. As long as people complain they should fix that in the next software release for this phone. as ICS is coming Q1 2012, you shouldn't have to wait long.

qschilling

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Quick question to possibly determine the root cause... did you have a voicemail waiting indicator when you turned your phone on and it started the boot loop?

I ask because that was the only thing I remember that was different when it happened. drove me nuts for a couple of hours on Saturday before I found the solution.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The phone was off. I turned it on and it booted to the lock screen. I couldn't unlock it though. The screen would go blank and then start all over. Only way to stop it was battery pull

qschilling

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Well sounds the same as my issue, I just got a voicemail indicator before it happened. that part was just a guess. However I got the same thing you did until pulled the battery cover off but left the battery in. seems whatever initiates the issue has to do with the radio since the only contribution the cover makes is the leads for the radio antennae are built in to it. it happened with both backs from standard and extended, so its not the cover itself,

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me before. somehow the phone shifted to WCDMA only and once the phone had enough time in bootup to start doing things with the wireless radio it would reboot. I corrected it without having to do a hard reset though. here's how if it ever happens to anyone else or to you again,.

1. take the battery cover off but leave the battery in, should buy you some time to perform the steps before it reboots.
2. Click on phone.
3. dial *#*#4636#*#*
4. Click on phone information.
5. Scroll down and there should be a drop down box that most likely will be set to WCDMA prefered, now change that to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto.
6. press back arrow a couple of times till your out and you should be able to safely put the battery cover on now.

To me it hasn't happened since then. As long as people complain they should fix that in the next software release for this phone. as ICS is coming Q1 2012, you shouldn't have to wait long.

Dunno if you can or not, but the app "LTE OnOff" Brings up the same phone info screen.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well you can turn LTE off from the wireless network setting. I just couldn't get that far. But I suspect 4g being down caused it.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I knew there would some issue with this phone. I was just waiting to see. Thunderdud was such a huge let down. I'm hoping this is the only issue with this phone as I can't get it till March of 2012 anyway and hopefully that will be fixed in the ICS update.

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just posting this up to inform people that my Rezound is doing the same thing :eek: I don't understand clearly why but I am going to try your fix about shifting into CDMA +LTE mode. Let's just hope I can get in and get out in enough time before it boot loops :confused:

bosox284

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone was in a boot loop after restarting it. I took out the SIM card and the phone booted up, so changed the radio setting, and restarted the phone. I'd assume taking the battery cover off would have the same effect since the antenna is linked to the battery cover. Did anyone that had a factory reset try to change their settings with the battery cover off?

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the battery cover off (in order to give me more time supposedly) and it did not help. It still boot looped before I could even open the phone tray. I did not try to remove the SIM card, though, so maybe that could have spared me a factory reset. So far I've had no issues with it returning. I checked to make sure that my radio settings are "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" afterwards and downloaded the LTE on/off widget.

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Glad someone else has seen this problem, not just me :)

Sucks that to prevent this from happening again, I have to leave LTE on. Drains the battery quicker with it on.

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
Has happened to me twice now. Once last week, and the first time was the morning after I bought the phone. And without titanium working to its full potential due to lack of root on this device, it makes things very annoying when I have to reset to factory each time. Not that it takes a long time to set everything back up, but its the principal.

As long as I've been tinkering around with my rooted Dinc, I've never had this issue. But to have it on a new, unrooted device? Meh.

3rd times a charm, then ill be calling big red for a new one.

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The phone was off. I turned it on and it booted to the lock screen. I couldn't unlock it though. The screen would go blank and then start all over. Only way to stop it was battery pull

This happened to me 2 days ago, except pulling battery did nothing. It kept bootlooping. I brought it to Verizon and they had to do an emergency swap for a tbolt, until my new phone arrived.