Does anyone have a MATTE black case? Can't find one

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a matte black case... the tight fitting kind with no clips or stands. All I have found is the one at Verizon that's has a shiny back. It's perfect except for the shiny part. Anyone using a matte finish one?

Thanks!

adlx21

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I too would like to know. I really like the finish on the back of the rezound, but want to protect it with a case. If I could find a case with the same material as the back and clean sleek look, I'll be sold. :p

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have this one and it is has the look and feel of the phone itself. It's very sturdy but doesn't add all that much to the thickness of the phone. It's really nice. I forget where I saw it, but some big tech blogger reviewed and had great things to say about it. From a protection standpoint, I would say it's medium. I might also consider the Otterbox Defender, but I'm really liking this case for now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WZMQ14...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1461850

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I should also mention, however, the the volume rockers are difficult to use with the case and that can be frustrating. I personally don't use the volume rockers enough to make me ditch the phone, but you should definitely know that in advance.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have this one and it is has the look and feel of the phone itself. It's very sturdy but doesn't add all that much to the thickness of the phone. It's really nice. I forget where I saw it, but some big tech blogger reviewed and had great things to say about it. From a protection standpoint, I would say it's medium. I might also consider the Otterbox Defender, but I'm really liking this case for now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WZMQ14...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1463380

I also have that one. It's pretty nice, basic protection. Has a nice feel to it and doesn't feel chinsey. Although since I'm so paranoid, I'll be returning it when I put my new otterbox defender on it today :-D

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the Defender for the Rezound and returned it. I knew about the bulk but did not like the screen protector that came with it. It felt like I was using a different phone with that screen protector. I tried the baby powder trick and it still looked horrible compared to the screen without a protector. I thought about just tearing the protector off but decided to just return it.

I also have that one. It's pretty nice, basic protection. Has a nice feel to it and doesn't feel chinsey. Although since I'm so paranoid, I'll be returning it when I put my new otterbox defender on it today :-D

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the Defender for the Rezound and returned it. I knew about the bulk but did not like the screen protector that came with it. It felt like I was using a different phone with that screen protector. I tried the baby powder trick and it still looked horrible compared to the screen without a protector. I thought about just tearing the protector off but decided to just return it.

Someone suggested cutting out the screen protector. Having never seen it on person, I don't know how viable this is. Thoughts?

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone suggested cutting out the screen protector. Having never seen it on person, I don't know how viable this is. Thoughts?

I actually did this 2 days ago. The protector they give you is absolutely terrible. It looks bad, it's raised up, and it's hard to get it to respond. I actually just pushed it out from the other side pretty easily, and uses goo gone to remove the leftover residue. I used a Skinomi Techskin screen protector in place of it, and boy am I glad I did. It is the ultimate case now!

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually did this 2 days ago. The protector they give you is absolutely terrible. It looks bad, it's raised up, and it's hard to get it to respond. I actually just pushed it out from the other side pretty easily, and uses goo gone to remove the leftover residue. I used a Skinomi Techskin screen protector in place of it, and boy am I glad I did. It is the ultimate case now!

That's great to hear! Thanks.
Does anyone know if Verizon brick & mortars carry the Defender?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine from Accessory Geeks. I ordered before I saw that previous recommendation. It was 9.99 and it was worth it. Seems fine. Matte finish. No shipping charge. Fits snug.

...Sent from my Tab

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae