Standard or Upgraded Battery?

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded today. Having had the tbolt with extended battery i figured upgrade battery on this phone no regrets.

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was offered it at half price when I purchased my Rezound, it was a no brainer for me.. and I'm glad I did. the OEM battery wouldnt make it for a shift of mine at work at all... I mean not even close lol.
I say go for it, it will come in handy at some point.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery earlier this week after using the Rezound with the standard battery since I bought the phone on 11/15. With the standard battery I could get through a day of light to moderate usage with no problem; about 60 minutes of listening to music on the bus commuting to and from work, checking emails, sending and receiving text messages, browsing a few internet pages, and making a few phone calls. I would end the day with between 14% to 35% battery remaining and would charge it up each night before going to bed.

Since I bought the extended battery I find myself going two days between charges. I've been browsing the market far more than usual because of Google's 10 cent app promotion, and downloading and installing a lot more software. I keep my phone on all the time with 4G active. If you don't mind the extra bulk, I think the extended battery is well worth the upgrade.

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
What is the 50% off sale price at Verizon for the extend battery?

Is this the best price around?

It's the best price right now for the HTC manufactured extended battery. It'll go back up to $60 after the holidays at which point you will be able to buy an aftermarket one for around $30 + S/H. My bet would be to get the HTC approved extended battery now while it's cheap.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Picked up two of them today at Verizon. Sticker price had them as $59.99, but I told the guy they were suppose to be $49.99. So he rang one up for $19.99 and the other for $29.99. It is a bit thicker than I thought, but for the price, seems definitely worth it.

It's the best price right now for the HTC manufactured extended battery. It'll go back up to $60 after the holidays at which point you will be able to buy an aftermarket one for around $30 + S/H. My bet would be to get the HTC approved extended battery now while it's cheap.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get the extend battery or not. I'm getting about 13 hours on a charge which is long enough for me to get home and give my Rezound a small charge. The added bulk that comes with using the extended battery is what keeps me from getting one right now.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually I find the Rezound + extended battery is more comfortable to hold than the standard battery.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get the extend battery or not. I'm getting about 13 hours on a charge which is long enough for me to get home and give my Rezound a small charge. The added bulk that comes with using the extended battery is what keeps me from getting one right now.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually I find the Rezound + extended battery is more comfortable to hold than the standard battery.
How does it look in a case? I use a snap on case on my Rezound, and don't want it so big that it won't slide into my pocket easily.

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Extended battery - Worth every penny.

In most cases it is unless one is concerned about size. I could not grip the Rezound with the extended battery. I was to afraid would have dropped the phone. So I carry a spare battery.

Sent from my Rezound using Taptalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
In most cases it is unless one is concerned about size. I could not grip the Rezound with the extended battery. I was to afraid would have dropped the phone. So I carry a spare battery.

I've read this alot but I just don't get it. I've got the hand size like a 10yr old kid. I'm talking dude from the Burger King commercials, small. I have no problem w/ my Rezound when using the extended battery. I feared it would be too thick to hold comfortably (that's what she said), but that hasn't proven true. One hand usage is unaffected, as well. So I tend to think that pov is more excuse than a valid issue.

marktaylor22

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I got my HTC extended battery today at the VZW store.. Apparently all 4G accessories are 50 percent off.. The sales rep told me the sale will last thru the Holidays.. It was suppose to be 59.99 less the 50 percent off, but they had the box tagged at $49.99 so I got the extended battery for $25! score!

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think alot of it depends on the size of your hands. Personally, I found the Rezound with the standard battery uncomfortable to hold, but with the extended battery, it has a more natural feeling.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my HTC extended battery today at the VZW store.. Apparently all 4G accessories are 50 percent off.. The sales rep told me the sale will last thru the Holidays.. It was suppose to be 59.99 less the 50 percent off, but they had the box tagged at $49.99 so I got the extended battery for $25! score!

Where in the U.S. are you? I just got back from the VZW store and they didn't have any holiday spirit so to speak. It was $59.99 and I had them check the computer. :'(

...Sent from my Tab

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the same situation when I tried to buy two of them as they were ticketed as $49.99, but with the 50% off they were still ringing up at $29.99. The guy had to manually adjust them and got one for $19.99 and the 2nd one for $29.99.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I must be in a Verizon full price twilight zone. I chatted with a rep online and they told me there is NO discount program right now. :(

^This
As of 8:45pm, 12/16/11, 2750mah ext. batt.= $ 49.99+tax in a corp store. They ended the Rezound 1/2 off accessory sale @ end of Nov.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781