Reuse of Mini-USB Wall Chargers

masterdebator

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Prior to taking the plunge to smart phones I acquired a number of mini-USB wall chargers. I'm still trying to figure out what the Vigor USB interface is, but I'm wondering what the easiest solution to reusing these chargers is.

Any suggestions? Is it just a dongle adapter I have to buy, or is it more complex?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any micro usb charger will work. A mini usb charger wont work. Htc created a proprietary cable for the rezound, but the port is compatible with micro usb

Reactions: masterdebator

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SurfingJerry has the best idea, I have one of those adapters too, works great...Amazon has them dirt cheap, I think i paid $.99 for mine... but $3 for shipping lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
SurfingJerry has the best idea, I have one of those adapters too, works great...Amazon has them dirt cheap, I think i paid $.99 for mine... but $3 for shipping lol.

i'd rather not use potentially low quality adapters. You can get a genuine Palm oem adapter with micro usb cable for $5 or $3.75 shipped with employer discount. I have used it on my tb and rezound and it charges about the same as the stock, it is also 5v/1a like the stock charger.

you can search for "PALMPRETVL" when you go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine was made by motorola i believe.. Just because something is affordable doesnt mean it's cheap.

as long as it's a quality adapter and provides 5V/1A then it's fine. Moto, htc, samsung, lg, palm, or whatever are fine as they should be decent quality. some cheap no name or knock offs on ebay or other places should be avoided. lower amperage than 1A could be used, but would charge slower than stock charger.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
These are not so much adapters as converters, converting from one size to another. Similar to converting a 1/4" headphone plug to 1/16"
I forget exactly but I don't think it was more than $1.50 shipping included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze