My phone insists on Pacific time

fitzaubrey

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here with an HTC Rezound. I don't see how it can be a network issue when my old Droid keeps correct Arizona time when set to automatic.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I let them know about the time zone issue about a month ago. the HTC guy said it was a known issue. Honestly, he didn't sound to sure though.

<-- In AZ also.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
In AZ with the same problem...Ive toggled the Standalone + Google locations and it kicks it in the correct time zone, only for it to go back to Pacific. Found out the hard way that we shouldn't rely on an alarm because of this issue :eek:

jpeschken

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The California Tower theory seems unlikely to me. I am in Minnesota, and mine keeps reverting to Pacific time as well. It even calls out my city and state correctly, but thinks it's 2 hours earlier. My "Home" location has the correct time, but my "Current" location gets messed up. Pretty sure I'm not getting a CA tower.

Took my EVO 4G to my local Sprint Store to see if they knew what was going on. They blamed it on ATK. I removed that, and all was okay for a few weeks, but yesterday it did it again. The day AFTER the daylight savings time change. This all started for me just after the latest big Android Upgrade, so I am suspicious about that.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol why does Arizona not follow daylight savings?

My rezound insisted on eastern time instead of central for a while while on 4g but any other time. It has stopped now though.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol why does Arizona not follow daylight savings?

My rezound insisted on eastern time instead of central for a while while on 4g but any other time. It has stopped now though.

Arizona is not on DST because it is hotter than the devil's den here in the desert for many, many months and there is no need for the extra hour of sun each night. We praise God the second the sun sets and then, oh, we still live with 90 degree nights.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Arizona is not on DST because it is hotter than the devil's den here in the desert for many, many months and there is no need for the extra hour of sun each night. We praise God the second the sun sets and then, oh, we still live with 90 degree nights.

And they are smarter than the rest of us? lol

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm naive to this issue b/c I live on the other side of the country. Has the DST issue always been an issue for AZ residents on previous phones you've owned?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Has the DST issue always been an issue for AZ residents on previous phones you've owned?
No, just with the Rezound - my wife had an Incredible prior to the Rezound and that never had this problem. I've got a Thunderbolt that's never had the problem, nor did my Incredible before it.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm naive to this issue b/c I live on the other side of the country. Has the DST issue always been an issue for AZ residents on previous phones you've owned?

Yes. I used to own a Droid X and it got funky no matter how it was set. There is another Droid X here in the house and that phone also had to be set to Arizona time Sunday morning because it was an hour ahead.

One would think that Verizon would be able to correct its network so to not throw Arizona phones into chaos every year.

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I live in NY and have a rezound. Have never had this problem here. It has always correctly been on eastern time. however last month i went to vegas and most of the time I was there my phone displayed pacific time. If i went to the weather and updated it sometimes the time would correct for a little while but this only lasted a few hours as most. My work phone which is different, had no problems with the time zone so it definitely only seems to be the rezound but also only in those specific areas as well. it does not happen everywhere. maybe just areas that dont have dst?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not we, you, speak for yourself. I praise no one for the sunsets,I love the heat and sun, it's why I live here.

Yes, there are many people who love the heat, but as many and more who don't love our eight month summers.

Sounds like you are in the right place!
:)

Dugoutdog

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
When I set my phone to use the network time, it shifts to Pacific time and drops the time back one hour. I'm in Arizona - we don't do that daylight savings. I can switch it to manual, change it to Arizona and leave it but if I turn automatic back on, it switches to Pacific time.

Anyone have an idea how to correct this??

Thanks!!

*** UPDATE *** It just started working but stopped again. See below...

That sounds about right. Many Californian's think the world should revolve around them. ( I hate living here - can't wait to return home to sunny Scottsdale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835